// Paris Je t'aime
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "Press any key to continue, where's the any key?" - Homer
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Paris Je t'aime  (Read 2199 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Aug 06, 2008 06:59 AM »

This is one of the entires in "Paris, Je t'aime" which is a compilation of short films. It's about a hijabi? and kinda interesting lol..

WARNING MAJOR BAD LANGUAGE.

salaampeaceshalom
Sis

Reputation Power: 2
salaampeaceshalom has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Aug 06, 2008 08:42 AM »

I've seen the movie.  Yes, I think there are about 18 short story plots done by different directors, all centred around the theme of love, including attraction, divorce and parental love.  I really liked the movie, though there is one inappropriate scene that springs to mind.  One of my fave plots was to do with the hijabi sis. 

Unfortunately, the movie doesn't necessarily return to each storyline, it's only at the end that a few of the characters are revisited.  My hubby found this really annoying, but I didn't mind it.  I was slightly frustrated though, because through the movie, I was excitedly looking forward to revisiting the story of the hijabi sis, and was awarded with a few measly seconds worth at the end, but at least she was one of the characters they did go back to!

purplehijabisis

'If he woke up and had enough food for the day and shelter (a roof over his head) and he does not fear for his safety, then it is as if he has been given the dunya.'
kba
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
kba has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Oct 12, 2008 11:06 PM »

What happens to the hijabi sis?
salaampeaceshalom
Sis

Reputation Power: 2
salaampeaceshalom has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Nov 06, 2008 10:40 AM »

SPOILER ALERT:

She is shown at a concert with a friend, and the bloke is with them too.  He sneaks a glance at her and that's pretty much all; the whole scene just lasts for a few seconds.

'If he woke up and had enough food for the day and shelter (a roof over his head) and he does not fear for his safety, then it is as if he has been given the dunya.'
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: