Madinat al-Muslimeen Community -  Idea's to look good for your wife Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 20, 2014 01:49 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: To biryani, or not to biryani.

+  Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
|-+  Sis/Bros
| |-+  The Brother's Club Hangout
| | |-+  Idea's to look good for your wife
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Idea's to look good for your wife  (Read 11784 times)
nuh
« on: Aug 07, 2008 02:00 PM »

As salaam alaikum.

Tired of your wife complaining about your manner of dress. Need ideas on how to 'look cool' and be a muslim at the same time.

Post your ideas here.

nuh
 bro

These items are available at:

http://www.shukronline.com/mens.html
se7en
Sis

Reps: 117

« Reply #1 on: Aug 09, 2008 07:19 AM »

as salaamu alaykum,

nice! but the first pic seems a bit weird to me, with the pants showing so visibly underneath the thaub!  I think this is like a 'fusion' style though, of traditionally Islamic and western clothing... same idea with jeans and a kurta pajama top I guess...   I saw a lot of bros doing this when I visited Jordan and also the western bros in Syria and other places...  the more traditional way would be with baggy cotton type pants underneath I think.

you can't really go wrong with shukr, masha'Allah their clothes are beautifully made, just have to wait for a good sale Smiley
nuh
« Reply #2 on: Aug 09, 2008 07:23 PM »

As salaam alaikum.

Here are a few more.

Ma'as salaama,
nuh

http://www.monarch-garments.com/
Faizah
Sis

Reps: 31

« Reply #3 on: Aug 09, 2008 11:26 PM »

As salaamu alaikum

These are all nice options - some dressy other more subdued.  Any sister married to a brother that would take the time to look nice  like this both at home and when they go anywhere together is indeed fortunate.

Shukr is quite pricey (okay for my single working mama income).  They carry contemporary styles so I guess it is a fusion of traditional and modern but within the boundaries of modesty.  I've noticed however that some of the styles for women are too "out there".

Fa'izah
LeylaNur
Sis

Reps: 1

Remembrance of Allah is the true source of peace..

« Reply #4 on: Aug 14, 2008 08:05 PM »

The bottom two styles from Shukr are very nice. I wish my husband would wear something like that, but masha'allah he dresses very nicely himself.. Just more Western!

I don't think the first one from Shukr would be something a brother could wear on a regular basis unless he worked as an Imam or something like that.

A wife is always lucky when her husband is thinking to please her, so just even thinking about it and trying to do something is commendable.

Hear that brothers? The ladies in your life want you to look good for them just as you want your wives to look good for you.  fez

I try to remember to count my blessings each day because I have many:

To be thankful for my health, and that of my loved ones, the presence of my husband and the continuation of our marriage, that we can pay our bills and have food on the table..

So many blessings but often, so little thanks!
nuh
« Reply #5 on: Aug 26, 2008 11:43 AM »

As salaam alaikum.

Indeed Allah does not look towards your appearance nor your body, but instead he looks towards your heart and actions.  (Bukhari)

Here are a few more offerings of clothing that your wife might like inshallah.

Ma'as salaama,
nuh
 bro
jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2778

I heart the Madina

« Reply #6 on: Aug 27, 2008 12:29 AM »

You know what would be great for guys... how about:

*working out
*taking a shower
*wearing some nice cologne aka polo (sport)
and what's wrong with some nice suits. i always think brothers look nice in those even if u have something against ties. a nice dark armani suit can't really go wrong??
*also what about really nice ethnic wear... nothing too embellished or fruity colors...sometimes like a shalwar top on jeans looks really nice.. it's like showing ur identity/heritage that ur not afraid to be mozlim and still be masculine.

anyway heres some pics (hey i was looking for wedding stuff for my bro ok!)

LeylaNur
Sis

Remembrance of Allah is the true source of peace..

« Reply #7 on: Aug 27, 2008 03:47 AM »

I hate to sound like the cheap one, but unless both of you have six figure incomes.. I don't know how anyone can afford Shukr and especially not Armani. Clothes have become bloody expensive!  :'(

I try to remember to count my blessings each day because I have many:

To be thankful for my health, and that of my loved ones, the presence of my husband and the continuation of our marriage, that we can pay our bills and have food on the table..

So many blessings but often, so little thanks!
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #8 on: Aug 27, 2008 03:57 AM »

You don't have to buy shukr or armani, just like us sister's aren't going to go around buying whatever designer. the idea is to see what looks good and is in fashion and shop around.

ws
Fozia
Sis

Reps: 1245

« Reply #9 on: Aug 27, 2008 08:29 PM »

salam

I find the the dude with the strange goatee thing going on, scary!!! Shocked

Shukr do fabulous sales, sign up to their news letter.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
nuh
« Reply #10 on: Aug 28, 2008 11:54 AM »

As salaam alaikum.

Here are some snappy dressed believer's!!!

Ma'as salaama,
nuh
 bro
blackrose
Sis

Reps: 31

« Reply #11 on: Sep 10, 2008 04:27 PM »

Muslim Man’s Guide to Style

http://muslimmatters.org/2007/05/19/muslim-mans-guide-to-style/
Hard2Hit
Bro

Reps: 159

Taubah

« Reply #12 on: Nov 27, 2008 02:14 PM »

Assalam Alaikum,

I have a close friend who is dress designer, once I invested in his business so now he gives me dresses for free. My wedding sherwanis and kurtas were all designed by him and given to me as gifts  bebzi

Here is one of his designs that wifey likes most

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
Smaz
Bro

« Reply #13 on: Dec 03, 2008 02:01 AM »

Salaam to all,

May I humbly put in my two cents.......

www.diwansaheb.com   there are some nice sherwanis for desi brotherr.

Good luck to all who wil be shopping.......

ma es Salaama
smaz
se7en
Sis

Reps: 117

« Reply #14 on: Dec 03, 2008 09:33 AM »

salaam,

suuuuure jannah we believe you Wink  I find that these guys in advertisements etc just look so feminine, like the way they pose, etc. no offense  Lips Sealed  a new trend here in the middle east is for men to get their eyebrows plucked/styled.... Undecided    Brothas please try to retain some of your masculinity and don't take the 'looking good' thing too far  shaykh

ahem anyway I was writing to say that there is a famous saying of a sahabi that I always thought was cute... he said basically, 'I dress up and try to look nice for my wife just as she does so for me'.   shy

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #15 on: Dec 03, 2008 12:36 PM »

wsalam,

Tongue feminine!!! vhaaaaaaaat just because there's a little sequinage going on and what not! and i mean they're posing for a magazine..normal to look at little dorky......

wow about the eyebrows but if it's getting rid of unibrows more power to them lol

Hard2Hit
Bro

Taubah

« Reply #16 on: Dec 03, 2008 01:38 PM »

Salaams,

What sis 7 said...

I have some hair in between my eyebrows, which I started trimming, now I have more hair in that region, so the trimming frequency had to be increased :- /

Some say threading slows down the regrowth of hair, but thats too girly. So i'll just stick to my scissors duel

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #17 on: Jan 11, 2009 06:59 AM »

From Bridal Asia Show 2008
maya
Sis

Reps: 3

« Reply #18 on: Aug 22, 2011 07:33 PM »

Not a fan of the pink fancy wear for my man  arabbro ! Everything else is pretty classy tho.

And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands,
lucid
Bro

Reps: 156

« Reply #19 on: Aug 22, 2011 08:23 PM »

dudes, have you ever looked at some of your older colleagues/brothers/uncles/granps and just stared at all off the hair coming out of their noses and ears??  and then wondered,
"how does his wife put up with this? why doesn't she ever say anything?"

so the number one, i mean really, really number one tip has to be: go to a barber and get things done right!

and number 2 tip has got to be deodorant. lot's of it.

and the last tip is:  learn how to use a bathroom.

i'm sure any guy able to master these three issues, given that women have very low expectations, and i mean realllllly low expectations, will look outrageously attractive to his wife.

maya
Sis

Reps: 3

« Reply #20 on: Aug 22, 2011 10:52 PM »

dudes, have you ever looked at some of your older colleagues/brothers/uncles/granps and just stared at all off the hair coming out of their noses and ears??  and then wondered,
"how does his wife put up with this? why doesn't she ever say anything?"

so the number one, i mean really, really number one tip has to be: go to a barber and get things done right!

and number 2 tip has got to be deodorant. lot's of it.

and the last tip is:  learn how to use a bathroom.

i'm sure any guy able to master these three issues, given that women have very low expectations, and i mean realllllly low expectations, will look outrageously attractive to his wife.

Agree with ^ all of it! Also, not on huge fan of heavy back hair, but as it's been said, with the right character traits women can look beyond such things.

It's also not unmanly to pluck that uni brow and keep things neat.

All of course in accordance to acceptable religious standards.

I still don't understand the pink Indian suit..isn't that feminine and men aren't supposed to dress in feminine ways? just confused..

And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands,
moderatesufi
« Reply #21 on: Sep 18, 2011 09:45 AM »

I think the first set of pictures didn't really look good. The man wearing the Indian clothes should try growing his beard instead of shaving it. Shaving it makes men look like women, and not many Muslim women are in to that?

The stably pictures look better, at least you can tell it is a guy. But it is best to try keep a fist length. I personally can't get a fist length because for genetic reasons I have less facial hair than the average desi female. But I don't shave and keep the stable to show I am a male.

But what guys should do to look good is work out lots.  Run, press ups. And eat good food instead of dhal.
And they should also do combat sports, and lots of them.
Hard2Hit
Bro

Taubah

« Reply #22 on: Dec 14, 2011 09:32 PM »

A.A.

Pic1 That's me in my halalified wetsuit. I'm the only person in the pool (2nd pic) wearing that kinda gear while others roam around in Chaddis... I'm like the only shark in the water ;>

Pic3 Moi pumping some iron at the gym (4th pic) recently.

Oh and btw, I do eat dhaal o_O

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #23 on: Dec 15, 2011 02:53 AM »

ws,

Ummm isn't it easy to find out what looks good?? If she says 'Oh that looks good on you' wear it again?? Or if she picks something out for you to wear ie to a wedding please wear it! (My bros always do this. If I ironed it, they're gonna darn well wear it or else!  karate)

My favorite site for guys: http://artofmanliness.com/ Read it and learn, read it and learn!!

lala marcy
Sis

Reps: 143

« Reply #24 on: Dec 17, 2011 03:18 AM »

sorry to but in..
but I'm feeling Lucids reply

1. keep yourself clean and trimmed in all the right places
- brush teeth
- wash hair/bathe...
2. wear deodorant...
3. clean clothes please

seriously, we do not look for much. for real. jeans and clean t shirt is enough for moi...

from a simple woman Smiley

peace out
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Madinat al-Muslimeen Community - Idea's to look good for your wife

Nostalgia racing theme by © Mustang forum. Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines