// Modernist Islam
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Let the beauty of what you love be what you do. -Maulana Jelaluddin Rumi
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Modernist Islam  (Read 2602 times)
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« on: Aug 10, 2008 05:38 PM »

Asalaam Alaikum,

I read and re-read the article in the link below and I couldn't understand what exactly it was trying to relay.  OK, may be I am obtuse.  How can Islamic Banking be a form of imitation?

http://ibnayyub.wordpress.com/2008/08/10/modernist-islam/

Wasalaam.

Halima

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
Tears4Janna
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
Tears4Janna has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Aug 12, 2008 03:43 PM »

Assalamu alaikum wara7matullahi wabarakatuhu

I also read the article but there is no real context or reference given as to what is spoken about and I am not too sure what is meant by imitation.

More details or examples should be given in order to understand what they mean by imitation.

Because in Islamic banking I do not really see any imitation? We have our own set of laws in which Islamic banking is conducted thus the author of the article must articulate what he means by imitation.

So sis I am just as mixed up about the article Smiley

Ma assalama
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #2 on: Aug 12, 2008 07:07 PM »

Shukran, bro Tears4Janna!

I honestly couldn't make sense of the article.

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
cheese
« Reply #3 on: Sep 04, 2008 01:25 PM »

I understand what his saying.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: