// Advice on a situation
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage. - Lao Tzu
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice on a situation  (Read 5025 times)
Anonymous
Bro

Reputation Power: 22
Anonymous barely matters :(Anonymous barely matters :(

ANONYMOUS Post

« Reply #25 on: Aug 21, 2008 06:39 AM »

Assalamu `alaykum,

Abdurrahman, you said:

"if this work entails working in a mixed environment, or being in contact with those who openly commit evil, such as homosexuality, this work is not permissible, even if the husband permits it."

What is the evidence for the impermissibility of working in a place where you will be in contact with people who openly commit evil?

Is there any place in the United States where a Muslim man or woman can find work without being in contact with people who openly commit evil, as evil is defined by the Shari`ah?

Please explain.  Jazak Allahu khayran.

This post submitted using the ANONYMOUS button on the main Madina menu. Please reply here publicly so that the original poster can read any replies.
Abdurahman
Bro

Reputation Power: 4
Abdurahman has no influence :(

Oh Allah, Guide us to the Straight Path.

« Reply #26 on: Aug 22, 2008 08:56 AM »

Walaikum salam wrt wb,

All praise be to Allah.

The one who sits in a place where Allaah is denied and where evil actions and sins are committed is a participant with them in that sin, if he is able to change the evil but does not do so, or he is able to leave that gathering but does not do so. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And it has already been revealed to you in the Book (this Qur’aan) that when you hear the Verses of Allaah being denied and mocked at, then sit not with them, until they engage in a talk other than that; (but if you stayed with them) certainly in that case you would be like them. Surely, Allaah will collect the hypocrites and disbelievers all together in Hell”

[al-Nisa’ 4:140].

Ibn Katheer (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

i.e., if you commit sin after it has reached you, and you agree to sit with them in a place in which the verses of Allaah are being denied and mocked and belittled, and you approve of them doing that, then you have a share with them in what they are doing. Hence Allaah says “certainly in that case you would be like them” i.e., in sin, as it says in the hadeeth: “Whoever believes in Allaah and the Last Day, let him not sit at a table where alcohol is being passed around.” End quote.

Tafseer Ibn Katheer (2/435).

However, if someone chooses to work with homosexuals or others who openly commit sins that are forbidden by all religions, not to speak of being repugnant to anyone who posesses a sound a nature, then I am not a controller over their actions, but only wish to remind.

The Prophet, may peace and Allah's blessings be upon him, said:

"A person is on the religion of his companions."

And whoever leaves something for the sake of Allah, Allah will replace him with something better.

And Allah knows best.

Be merciful to those on earth, and the One in the Heavens will be merciful to you.
Siham
Sis

Reputation Power: 23
Siham barely matters :(Siham barely matters :(

Ahla Haya

« Reply #27 on: Aug 22, 2008 04:55 PM »

Salaam & G`day,
Dear Nichole,

I hope this message finds you well insha`Allah.

You said:

While he was in school I didn't want him to have to work to support us on top of his school responsibilities so I persuaded him to allow me to work 25-30 hrs a week, thinking that he would graduate any month now but as I said, it took him much longer than expected.

Well, the basis is that expenditure is obligatory upon the husband, thus the wife should insist on that at the very beginning of the relationship ... if she truly desires so, because men tend to get comfortable to the extent that they solely rely on their wives income.

Moreover, the wife`s money is for herself, but she may give some of it as a charity to him. However, if a man is able to earn a living that suffices him and his family ... then he is required to find a job and support them.  'Cos he is able to find a job and in this case he may not be given zakat, because he has sufficed himself and is not in need of it ... hence, it would be not permissible for him to take it with the claim that he is in need ect.,

Lastly, try talkin' to him again and showing him your concern in a nice way ... tell him how you feel and how his behavior is effecting you ect,. If that doesn't work, involving a third party to advice him; any person who has an influence over him.

May Allah(SubHana Wa Ta`ala) help you and guide you to whats kheir!

Take care,
W`salaam.

"Do not treat people with contempt, nor walk insolently on the earth. Allah does not love the arrogant or the self-conceited boaster. Be modest in your bearing and subdue your voice, for the most unpleasant of voices is the braying of the ass." [The Holy Qur'an, Surah Luqman - 31:18-19]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: