Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Ramadan Resolution is...  (Read 3538 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2778

I heart the Madina

« on: Aug 15, 2008 04:07 PM »

Anyone have any goals or ideas for things to do this Ramadan?

This year I think I'm going to wing it. It seems like whenever I put together a 5 point action plan I end up following those but losing out on the spirit. I'll try to do a little of both maybe.

lala marcy
Sis

Reps: 143

« Reply #1 on: Aug 21, 2008 08:36 PM »

nada..nothing...nil.

I'm just going to fast...and make it good God willing.

salaams:)

BrKhalid
Bro

Reps: 273

« Reply #2 on: Aug 25, 2008 01:42 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

In Olympic parlance, inshaAllah I'm going to try and leave everything out there on the track and make the best use of the month that I can.  bro

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]

Faizah
Sis

Reps: 31

« Reply #3 on: Aug 25, 2008 02:35 PM »

I can't even say I'm going to wing it this year since doing that has brought about as much disappointment and heartache as actually making resolutions.  So if anything I'm just going to let things be.  No goals or objectives means no disappointment.

Fa'izah

Princess1983
Sis

Reps: 2

Make duaa for those less fortunate than us.

« Reply #4 on: Sep 07, 2008 11:57 AM »

salamsmiley

after reading other threads I have been very inspired by what Sister Desert Rose said in the following statement:

"...how there's always time to recite the Qur'an in Ramadan (even though we pray extra prayers like Taraweeh and Tahajjud)but as soon as Ramadan's over, that time mysteriously vanishes. Inshallah I'm going to try and keep up the recitation after this month is over.."

Indeed many of us will be making changes to our routines, lives and so on after the blessed month of Ramadan departs (of course we're all trying to make the most of it now). So I thought, why not start a thread for everyone to tell us (if they wish to!) about something they will be continiuing/changing about themselves, routines etc after Ramadan.

I shall start (although technically Sister Desert Rose has done this). I hope to be more grateful for the blessings I do have-clean water, a loving Mother and Husband, a roof over my head rather than thinking about what I do not have. I also wish to to do more towards charity-inshallah.

Princess

PS, will we be able to visit this thread Inshallah in the future to see how we're all doing?

Our Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) wasn't just sent to guide us Muslims, he is a unique, true example to EVERYONE.
This life is only a test-passing will equal Jannah, Inshallah!
Oh Muslim brothers and sisters-consider sponsoring an Orphan if Allah has blessed you with the finances to do so-Ameen.

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #5 on: Jul 28, 2009 07:00 AM »

I think winging it last year made me too lax  Undecided So this year here are my Ramadan Resolutions...(iA)

1. Deactivate Facebook
2. Read Quran in translation during the month
3. Eat healthier food/lay off the grease and desserts
4. Try to keep my environment room/house/car clean/self well cared for
5. Cut down on obligations/community responsibilities involvement

Shahida
Sis

Reps: 477

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #6 on: Jul 28, 2009 10:12 AM »

Salam alaikum

My resolutions are always the same:(  Sometimes I manage, sometimes I don't.  May Allah swt fill our Ramadaan with peace, serenity, faith, forgiveness and Mercy, ameen.

- go to Taraweeh every night inshaAllah, and make a *concerted* effort to not get irritated by the noisy women/kids/men etc...

- find time during the day at work to make duaa properly (I usually manage to get my prayers done, but never find the peace to make duaa properly, before someone is looking for me...!!)

- Patience, Patience, Patience... sabran jameel and all that needs to start making an impact on me.

Ok, good luck with your resolutions:)

Salam
S.

BrKhalid
Bro

Reps: 273

« Reply #7 on: Jul 30, 2009 06:41 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

I think setting goals for what you want to achieve during Ramadhan helps, even if it’s just the mere fact that one reflects on the month to come and recognizes that at least some changes should be made.

One recurring resolution is to try and cut away from the ‘noise’ of the world in an attempt to really ‘hear’.

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]

Halima
Sis

Reps: 397

« Reply #8 on: Jul 30, 2009 08:07 AM »

My biggest hope is that I will be healthy enough to go Taraweeh, INSHA-ALLAH.  I missed Taraweeh last year due to swellings in my feet.  Plus I will try to engage in Ramadan activities outside (community level) rather than in-house as usual (easier said than done). May Allah SWT help me achieve those two desires at least, Ameen.

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #9 on: Aug 12, 2009 09:12 PM »

Here's a good reminder on how to formulate these:

Alhamdulilah, Ramadan is fast approaching.

Insha'Allah let's take some time now to write down at least 3 things we wish to do this Ramadan (i.e good deeds) and 3 things we want to give up (i.e. sins, shortcoming, etc).

Start with: Bismillah

Grab a blank piece of paper and a pen (Microsoft works too!)

Now, think of 3 good deeds you want to do throughout this Ramadan:

Do you want to memorize more Suwar (chapters in Qu'ran)? Pray five prayers on time? Visit the Masjid more? Fast the whole month of Ramadan (except when you have a valid excuse)?

Write it down!!

And now, 3 sins or shortcomings you want to finally rid of!

Do you not have enough Khushoo (concentration) in prayer?
Do you backbite frequently? Gossip? Commit Zina (fornication/adultery)? Drink, smoke?

Write it down!

Brothers and Sisters, YOU know yourself best and what good deeds YOU want to do, and what sins YOU want to rid of.

Lastly:

Ask yourself, with only 15 or so days left till the blessed month of Ramadan, what can I do now to prepare? For example, if I have a certain amount of Suwar I want to memorize, should I not start now reading a couple of verses a day? Or if I want to pray all my 5 daily prayers on time, should I not make an effort NOW? The same case with the sins or shortcomings.

Now, turn to Allah and ask Him to help you!

May Allah grant us the ability to do more goods and may Allah distance us from sins, ameen ya Rabb

BarakAllahu Feekum

Wa'Salaamu Alaiakum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatu

indianmuslimindubai
« Reply #10 on: Aug 13, 2009 05:29 AM »

Salam

This is my Day 1 and Post 1 in this forum and I hope Insha Allah, to get involved fully.

We have to totally dedicate ourself in the month of Ramadan and Insha Allah always to Allah SWT that we may receive His bounty and blessings, Aameen

WhiteHawk
Sis

Reps: 2

Judge me this is who I am.

« Reply #11 on: Aug 13, 2009 02:04 PM »

I think This year my goal is to memorize as much quran as possible. hijabisis
Nusi teach

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #12 on: Jul 02, 2011 12:10 AM »

Salam peeps,

Time to bring out this thread again!! So any ideas for resolutions this year?? I need to think of some things to do...the fasts are going to be loooong.

SlaveOfAllah
Bro

Reps: 29

« Reply #13 on: Jul 28, 2011 12:38 AM »

asaalamu alaikum. What do you want to start/stop doing during this glorious month? asalaamu alaikum.

Asalaamu Alaikum
                             -SerigneBabs99

SlaveOfAllah
Bro

Reps: 29

« Reply #14 on: Jul 28, 2011 12:40 AM »

since i posted this, i'll go first.I would like to start reading the QUR'AN everyday.

Asalaamu Alaikum
                             -SerigneBabs99

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: