Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

Alas, poor imam.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gift ideas for teachers  (Read 1527 times)
tq
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
tq has no influence :(

« on: Aug 20, 2008 03:35 PM »

Assalamo elikuim
There are two teachers at our masjid who were giving classes during the summer. My boys wants to give them some gifts to show how much they appreciated their efforts etc. One is a college student(sister -studying to be a teacher) other is a (brother)college professor.
For the brother my son is thinking about an personalized/engraved pen ?
FOr sister we are not sure, I am thinking maybe a bag/purse or a book (Purification on hearts or native deen cd(I want that myself Smiley )).
Any ideas , what would be a good gift to show appreciation as well as something they will like and use?

Jazak Allah Khair

Wasalam
tq
Sr.Kathy
Sis

Sr.Kathy has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Aug 20, 2008 05:32 PM »

asak

Engraved pens are nice for sisters too! I would love it if someone gave me a pen with Sr. Kathy/ name of school.

Purses, clothes, shoes, scarves in shapes they don't wear, are not the best of gifts. I have been given these and they are not to my taste- I have given them away. (With one exception! Sr. Halima gave me a purse years ago and I am still in love with it and am using it this very minute!)

Cd/DVD are great- make sure she doesn't have it- or a gift certificate from on line Islamic Bookstore

Gift certificates are the best- to teacher stores, malls, theaters if they go, craft stores...etc...

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Aug 20, 2008 11:45 PM »

What about a gift certificate for a food place that delivers for one of those evenings when she' had a rough day and will spend all evening reading and correcting papers and is to tired to cook.
The local pizza or Chinese place ?

A scarf with an embroidered Qu'ran verse about a person who teaches?
Or verse in refer to wisdom?

Faizah
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
Faizah has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Aug 20, 2008 11:51 PM »

Gift certificates are always a good choice sinc the recipient gets to choose what they like.  Word of caution; some gift certificates come with hidden charges/fees/penalties that are incurred by the recipient so choose wisely and read all the fine print.

Since the sister is a college student; a gift certificate to Barnes & Nobles would/could help offset the cost of books or one to Staples or the like would/could help offset the cost of needed supplies.  Grocery store gift certificates would help offset the cost of study food.

Fa'izah
tq
Sis

tq has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Aug 21, 2008 12:53 PM »

Assalamo  elikuim
Jazak Allah khair for all the ideas.
Inshallah will probably get the pen for brother (thanks Sr.Kathy) and gift card for sister(thanks Sr.Faizah and BlessedGrandma)

Wsalam
tq
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: