// Last man's tale towards Jannah !
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Even after all this time The sun never says to the earth, “You owe Me.” Look what happens with A love like that, It lights the Whole Sky.   -Hafiz
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Last man's tale towards Jannah !  (Read 1659 times)
hajra
الَسَـــــــلاَمُ عَلَيــْــكُم وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكـَـاتُه
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
hajra has no influence :(

« on: Sep 05, 2008 04:35 PM »

Last man's tale towards Jannah !
Assalamualaykum Wa Rehmatullah Wa Barakatu,

In Saheeh Muslim (187), Ibn Masood narrates from Rasul Allah - sal Allahualahi wa sallam - the warming story of the last man to escape Hellfire:

His crawl away from Jahannam/Hellfire is filled with face slips into the dirt, a tremoring walk, and a fire that licks him until he finally escapes. When he is past it, he looks back, horrified, and announces with the loudest voice, "All praise is due to Allah Who saved me from you." Then he says, most proud, "Verily I have been rewarded with something that no one from the beginning to the end of creation has been blessed with."

At that moment, a tree glimpses his eye, a tree that was commanded to be raised for him. He quickly raises his hands, "O Allah! Allow me to draw near to that tree so that I can cool off under its shade and drink from its water."Then Allah ta'ala calls him, "O son of Adam! I fear that if I grant you what you ask you shall ask for more."

Nay, O Allah!" pleads the man and testifies that he shall ask no more. As the man basks in the glory of the tree, another tree is raised, one more bounteous and lush. The man pleads, "O Allah! Allow me to draw near to that tree so that I can cool off under its shade and drink from its water. Allah then says, "Did you not promise me that you would ask no more? Perhaps if I give it to you, you shall ask for yet more." The man testifies that he will not and is permitted that tree. Just then a tree is raised near the doors of Jannah, one bigger and lusher than all the rest. The mans heart sinks."O Allah, that tree, that tree, I'll ask for nothing else." "Did you not promise you would ask for nothing more?" "After that tree, yaa Allah, nothing more."He is permitted to draw nearer to the tree and there - as he nears the doors of Jannah - he hears the sounds of it's inhabitants and he leaps, "O Allah! Enter me into Jannah!" "O son of Adam!" Allah announces. "What shall satisfy you and finish your pleading."Then Allah offers, "Will it please you if I give you all the treasures and bounty of the entire world and then double it!" The man's smile shuts off and his eyes lock up. "My Lord, you're the Lord of the universe. Are you mocking me?"

Ibn Mas`ood started laughing. He told his students, "Ask me why I'm laughing. I'm laughing because Rasul Allah laughed when he told us this. And he also asked us, 'Do you know what makes me laugh? I'm laughing for Allah's laughter when he said, "You are the lord of the universe. Are you mocking me?"'"

Allah then tells him, "I'm am not mocking you, rather I am capable of doing whatever I so wish." Allahu Akbar! Turn to almost every page of the Quran and you'll find mention of Jannah. Jannah.

Have you ever seen it? Have you ever smelt it? Have you ever touched it? Have you ever tasted it? Rasul Allah - sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam - taught us that in Jannah is that "which no eye has witnessed, no ear has heard, and that which has never been imagined by any human." Recite the verse if you wish: [And no soul knows what has been hidden for them of comfort of the eye (satisfaction) as reward for what they used to do.] - Surah As Sajdah

Many Muslims tasted the Iman of Jannah. Bilal - Radi Allahu 'anhu - was one of them. His slave master Umayyah would drag Bilal out to the grilling desert at noontime - the fiercest moments of the day. Umayyah would press Bilal to the scalding ground and place a boulder on top of his chest to increase the torture. As his back would melt away Bilal would say nothing but, "Ahad, Ahad." - One, only One"...Later in his life, companions would see Bilal's scarred back. Tears would well in their eyes and they would ask him how he survived the punishment. Listen to his answer: "The pain of punishment mixed with the sweetness of Iman. I tasted both and the sweetness of Iman overcame everything until I felt no more pain."

Today, let us imagine Jannah, as offered to us in the Qur'an and Sunnah.

Jazak ALLAhu Khairen

Narrated AbuHurayrah:
The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) used to say: "O Allah, I seek refuge in Thee from four things: Knowledge which does not profit, a heart which is not submissive, a soul which has an insatiable appetite, and a supplication which is not heard."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: