Madinat al-Muslimeen Community -  Top 10 List of Islamic Gifts Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 19, 2014 11:14 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single muslim man is in want of a muslim wife.

+  Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
|-+  Sis/Bros
| |-+  The Brother's Club Hangout
| | |-+  Top 10 List of Islamic Gifts
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Top 10 List of Islamic Gifts  (Read 7685 times)
Ahmad Ali
« on: Sep 06, 2008 06:35 AM »

Assalam-o-Alaikum

I thought now might be a good time to put together a list of the best ideas for Islamic gifts for Ramadan + Eid. My own personal favourite is the iPalm Digital Quran (www.ipalmdigitalquran.com), which is brand new. It is the world’s first digital Quran with spoken English + Urdu translations. What other new + exciting products are out there?

Ode
Sis

Reps: 3

« Reply #1 on: Sep 06, 2008 08:53 AM »

Alaikumsalam..

Hmmm...that would be my husband whipping out of his pockets two plane tickets and hotel vouchers for Umrah (or better yet, for Hajj next year) with both our names written on them  Wink

Did anyone just say ''ameen''?
jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2778

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Sep 06, 2008 11:30 AM »

wsalam,

If I had gone to ISNA this year I could give you the laydown of what's new and hot...but alas... I did hear this calendar seemed to be popular. Seems like a nice gift!

LeylaNur
Sis

Reps: 1

Remembrance of Allah is the true source of peace..

« Reply #3 on: Sep 07, 2008 12:44 AM »

I had their calendar for 2007.. It was beautiful. I didn't get this year's though. Maybe for 2009? (though I always buy my calendars after January as I can get them much cheaper - usually!)

I would suggest a sort of "non-Muslim" gift of a sewing machine! Yes, it is, in itself, "non-Muslim", BUT, it can be made so by crafty sisters who can whip out all kinds of outfits, household items, etc. and end up saving money AND having a fun hobby. (but don't blame me when you go bankrupt from finding beautiful new things at the fabric store!)

I am asking for one for my birthday from my parents.. I would love to take all the beautiful chiffon fabrics they have out there and make my own scarves. (I never seem to like the patterns the hijab stores have on offer)

Some other things I like:

- Household items for entertaining. Pretty platters, serving dishes, buffet setups with the burners underneath for iftars, etc.

- I've always wanted one of the pretty Qur'ans that are done on the thick, milky paper and written in very large text.

- Arabic lessons or lessons on 'how to read the Qur'an'.

- A beautiful set of tasbeeh for dhikr.

- Tickets to go to Egypt or Turkey to see all the beautiful masjids and historical places.

- I wish I had an extra room as a prayer/study room and also as an entertaining room for guests. My husband had always wanted to make a "Turkish" room with the very low divan-style sofas, the copper tray tables, lanterns, etc. Something like that would be very fun if we had the space/could afford it.

I try to remember to count my blessings each day because I have many:

To be thankful for my health, and that of my loved ones, the presence of my husband and the continuation of our marriage, that we can pay our bills and have food on the table..

So many blessings but often, so little thanks!
Faizah
Sis

Reps: 31

« Reply #4 on: Sep 07, 2008 03:18 AM »

From a practical point of view I would be one to welcome someone to pay for or do the home repairs/improvements I need and want. 

From an intellectual point of view since I'm always looking for divds and books of interest so of course if someone gave me some additional ones or gift certificates that would be neat.  I echo the Arabic lessons as a nice gift.

From a me point of view if anyone can just gift wrap a husband for me and leave him on my door step I'll gladly take him in.

Fa'izah

Fozia
Sis

Reps: 1245

« Reply #5 on: Sep 07, 2008 04:08 AM »

salam

I dont see how a sewing machine couldnt be considered an Islamic gift... All of us girls actually received one as a wedding present from my parents, mine does fancy stitching and stuff too. I wanted an old fashioned singer like my mum has but they prolly cost a few mortgage instalments!!!

I was looking at the digital Quran, but I downloaded the Quran on my ipod a ways back in both engliah and arabic, and then I'm looking round for lectures and stuff, I'd prefer that I think, get an ipod with a reasonable amount of space and download your own choice of Quran (by reciter), and translations in a language or languages one wants, along with lectures and stuff...

OK so I got my eldest this Leila Doll (hey she wears hijaab OK, and holds down a high powered job at the same time(!)), its the first time Fatima asked for something like that so I got it for her, and I got one of those electronic Quran teachers for my youngest (she got a crying, laughing, talking dolly last year, I was so glad when the battery on that thing ran out let me tell you!).

Have you all not yet finished your Eid shopping? I cant bear shopping over ramadan it tires me out before I even step out of the door!!!

I wanted to get my dad a badminton raquet but maaan are they expensive, when I'm rich inshallah.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
LeylaNur
Sis

« Reply #6 on: Sep 07, 2008 04:59 AM »

It seems like EVERYTHING is getting more expensive.. I swear, merchants are raising their prices every day, but employers are keeping salaries the same AND cutting benefits.

World is going downhill, I tell ya! The people have to start getting political and taking some action! demonstraters

To be thankful for my health, and that of my loved ones, the presence of my husband and the continuation of our marriage, that we can pay our bills and have food on the table..

Faizah
Sis

« Reply #7 on: Sep 08, 2008 02:26 AM »

Indeed the cost of everything has gone up but of course we shouldn't be overspending and getting caught up in consumerism and materialism and certainly not supporting corporate CEOs.

I agree that doing extra stuff especially during Ramadan is tiring and quite frankly I'm no fan of spending time in crowded stores any time of the year; this is why on-line shopping is my favorite choice.  I can shop at my convenience and usually find things that I can't find in the stores.

Fa'izah
LeylaNur
Sis

« Reply #8 on: Sep 08, 2008 02:41 AM »

It's not even so much about consumerism even.. I don't regularly buy luxuries for myself anymore.. But just common things like groceries, new clothing, printer paper, ink toner, energy bills, petrol, lip balm.. EVERYTHING!

At least I'm not 80 years old like my grandparents and able to remember "back in the day" when candy was 2p!  oldshaykh Then I'd really be nuts!

One would think the salaries would go up with the rising costs but noooope!  Roll Eyes

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #9 on: Sep 08, 2008 07:24 AM »

Here's my Top 10 Gifts for Ramadan/Eid List. (I don't really like the term 'Islamic gifts'.)

1. iphone

It's a phone. It's the internet. It's an mp3 player. It's a camera.... AND it's beautiful!!!

Price: 200 bux plus $75/month for voice+data service

2. HSY bridal/grooms wear

Cuz everyone should be dressed this gorgeous on Eid!

Price: According to JO, this haute-couture-desiness will set you back 6k!!!! for the women's, you can just imagine the men's!

3. The Topkapi Museum book

Museum coffee table book that belongs in a museum!

Price: Retails for about $130

4. Little Mosque on the Prarie DVDs

Seasons 1 AND 2 a must. Laugh and cry with the our favorite canuck mozlims.

Price: According to Amazon 40 bux a season!

5. Halal Marshmallows

Best gift ever.

Price: At ISNA $1 every where else $2+

6. Sami Yusuf's new Album

Voice amazing, check. Lyrics amazing, check. Music amazing, check.

Price: Not launched yet!! Sad

(Good as an alternative if you don't have it yet!!? Native Deen's latest:

or Yusuf Islam's latest

7. Medjoul Dates stuffed with nuts and/or Chocolate covered

The best iftar openers ever.

Price: Unavailable except in Saudi and U'll probably be shelling out a few riyal per individually wrapped date!

8. Jodha Akbar like jewelery

Cuz every girl deserves to feel like a Mughal princess every now and then.

Price: The sly imitation versions will go for $25-$100...the real one...well add one or two or three zeros.

9. Cadbury fruit and nut bar(s)

The real ones. From England. 12 in a box.

Price: $16

10. Casio prayer watch

Digital compass, prayer times, water-resistant. Bought one for my bro, bro-in-law, and family friend and they all wear this one instead of their movados!

Price: $89 but they don't make them any more Sad so good luck finding one!

P.S. -- This reminds me of the old "All I want for Eid is... " threads..... awww good times  bebzi

Faizah
Sis

« Reply #10 on: Sep 08, 2008 12:47 PM »

Okay Sis. Jannah

The dates with nuts look yummy!!!!  The necklace is pretty!! Native Deen's latest - got it; luv it!  Season 2 of Little Mosque is finally available - gotta get it!  The dress absolutey beautiful - but only in my dreams would I fit into it Sad
iPhone - I'm kinda tech challenged so...

I like the way you itemized and gave explanation along with each item.

~~~~

Yes the cost of basics have gone up but again it has to do with corporate CEOs wanting to increase profits on the backs of consumers.  Sadly the only way to manage is to serious re-evaluate spending on everything although some things there's no way to; we have to eat for example but even with that coupons can help and bulk buying which often reduces the per unit price and sharing the expense with another family helps too.  I mean afterall does one family really need a dozen or more packages of anything that they don't use daily?

Fa'izah
blackrose
Sis

« Reply #11 on: Sep 08, 2008 04:02 PM »

salaam

Indeed the cost of everything has gone up but of course we shouldn't be overspending and getting caught up in consumerism and materialism and certainly not supporting corporate CEOs.
I agree! As a teen I remember always getting the 'brand name ' shirt but now I feel embarrassed when I have something 'brandname' and it shows!
This happened after I went to ISNA and the speaker was saying 'why are we giving more money to those who are already have more than enough? And the main thing that struk me is when the speaker said ' we are walking advertisements for them!' So we have to becareful..do we want to be advertisements for them??? dont they have enough help already? We could use that money for people who dont have even their basics. Im reminding myself first!

Anyhow that watch is a reallly good gift for the 'male ' gender. But its over my budget... but are you sure they dont have it anymore? lol.

Anyhow I cant decide what to get my sis for her bday. its in a couple of days..(i think ill ask her to make a top ten list, i hope she does it!) then I need eid gift for my nephew ..any ideas??? or should this be in a new thread?
Fozia
Sis

Reps: 1245

« Reply #12 on: Sep 08, 2008 06:46 PM »

salam

The iphone 3g cannot handle much surfing, the battery dies far too quickly for my liking.

I wish I'd known about that watch, I could have got it for my dad and brother, I enjoy a challenge.

As for the jewlery and the dress, when I'm mega rich inshallah!!!

OK are we listing gifts here are mine, not for me obviously.

A bead boutique, for the crafty person in your life, to make your own jewelery with semi-precious stones.

Then I've got clothing for most everyone else, mum a dress (well material so she can make whatever kind she wants), jeans, tracksuit etc

I lurved buying for the kids tho, that is my most favourite part. We have Leila doll as already mentioned, she wears a pink hijab and has a mobile phone (what more do you want?), arabic tacher, A ninkynonk train (anyone who has a preschool child in England will know what that is),  aquadraw puzzle, and the cutest kids digital camera, they can even make short film clips and up load them on your computer, it can be dropped and will still work, it also has games on the camera and its pink!!! <goes to lie down after all the excitement>

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Muslimah
Sis

Reps: 0

« Reply #13 on: Sep 09, 2008 12:17 AM »

Asslamo Alaykum

Sister Fozia I've seen that little pink camera it's so cute! my daughters both want one but unfortunatley can't afford two so I think 1 will have to do for now!

I haven't even started with the eid gifts and we have so many children in the family to buy for that I never know what to get them and really it's getting harder by the minute with price rises and my situ I'm unemployed too!  Sad

Inshallah will still do it though, always do.  My mum will prob get a nice suit from me but I'm thinking I should change it this year and maybe get her a new winter coat instead, hmmm... dad will have ermm....still thinking...... maybe a nice woolly jumper like the ones in debenhams by john rocha and a new aftershave.  And all the children get toys, which is sometimes difficult, well I know what my girls want coz it's everything that they show on advertisements! but the other children in the larger families I don't know, what do you get 11, 9, 7, 5 year old boys, 9, 8, 7, 6 year old girls?Huh? Huh?  Any ideas anyone will be most appreciated.

Walaikum Salaam
LeylaNur
Sis

« Reply #14 on: Sep 09, 2008 12:24 AM »

My Eid List (in no particular order as well as some being nearly impossible or at least, highly improbable!  Roll Eyes ):

1. Sewing machine (I actually already asked my mom for this one!)

2. A Miraculous Overnight Weight Loss! (and maybe another 2 or 3 inches in height while we're speaking miracles!)

3. Money.. Always the perfect gift.. But I swear, it would have to fall from the sky! For bills and business start-up expenses (legal fees, accounting software, graphic design, inventory) and fun!

4. Saz for my husband since he's always wanted one. (no, that's NOT him in the picture!  Cheesy)

5. A new laptop (as long as it doesn't look like any of these, below, I'll be happy with it!)

6. A romantic night out or weekend getaway. Eid is just a few days after my birthday, and since the hubby doesn't want to celebrate my birthday during Ramazan, we're going to put them together and maybe go out for the weekend.

7. Turkish lessons so my husband can finally get off my back for me not magically knowing his language!  :'( In person lessons would be great, but since it's unlikely, software will do in a pinch!

8. A cute new handbag or two (or three, or four!).. The ones I have are kind of busted and old and I need something professional! (but the first one was just cute for the autumn/winter!)

9. Clothes and jewelry! Especially tunic tops, long skirts and sweater coats! I'd also love a smart looking military type jacket (the long type with lots of pockets). I also LOVE hammered metal jewelry and cabochon rings. I just don't have any.

10. A bedroom set. Ever since I moved out at 18, I've been on the same mattress and box spring with the awful metal frame it came with. It's so creaky and horrible looking. Now that I'm married and turning 26, I'd like a simple bedroom set. You know.. An actual frame.. Bedside tables for glasses of water and a reading lamp so we can turn off the horrid overhead light.. Actual drawers to put clothing in instead of piling it up on the floor next to the closet!

BrKhalid
Bro

Reps: 273

« Reply #15 on: Sep 09, 2008 06:49 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

I'm sorry but those furry laptops should really be  censored

Scary, very scary....

Imagine seeing a prospective spouse with one of those?

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #16 on: Sep 09, 2008 07:02 AM »

The dress absolutey beautiful - but only in my dreams would I fit into it Sad iPhone - I'm kinda tech challenged so...

The nice thing about paying 6k (besides making a downpayment on a house or buying a car hehe) is that they'll make the dress in any size you want!! lol

iphone these ppl invented user-friendly so it shouldn't be that bad!

leylanur Ooo I like your handbags and bedroom set. I always wanted that canopy bed from the Bombay store, but now the Bombay store is closed so sad.

Rishta: So... umm is that your pet...err i mean uh..lapto..p?

Prospective Rishta: Yes, I zabiha it every year.

Rishta:  (pause) bolt
Discoverulifecoach
« Reply #17 on: Sep 23, 2008 04:36 AM »

I feel too old for gifts...but go ahead sisters spoil yourselves  princesssis

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260290548826&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DSelling
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Madinat al-Muslimeen Community - Top 10 List of Islamic Gifts

Nostalgia racing theme by © Mustang forum. Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines