Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pictures of Ramadan around the World  (Read 19374 times)
khadija13
Sis

Reps: 15

« Reply #25 on: Aug 21, 2010 06:55 PM »

bismillah
Msg by Imam Smiley
After isha namaaz u can see women r sitting up as in all Our Mosque we have upper floor for women Smiley

When you feel all alone in this world
And there's nobody to count your tears
Just remember, no matter where you are
Allah knows
Allah knows.....
Alhamdaollilah

khadija13
Sis

« Reply #26 on: Aug 21, 2010 07:04 PM »

assalamualaikum
Little angel Smiley

Allah knows
Allah knows.....
Alhamdaollilah

Marcie
Sis

Reps: 30

« Reply #27 on: Aug 21, 2010 08:01 PM »

As salamu alaykum Khadija,

Jazakum Allah Khair for sharing the beautiful pictures.   

Was salam,
Marcie

khadija13
Sis

« Reply #28 on: Aug 21, 2010 08:41 PM »

As salamu alaykum Khadija,

Jazakum Allah Khair for sharing the beautiful pictures.   

Was salam,
Marcie

w.salaam sis,
                   Thank u sooo mch for ur kind words Smiley

khadija  purplehijabisis

Allah knows
Allah knows.....
Alhamdaollilah

Ilyas
Bro

Reps: 24

« Reply #29 on: Aug 21, 2010 10:31 PM »

This might just be the place to post this. Praying Asr on top of Mt. Evans(Estes Park, CO) at over 14,000 feet on the 10th day of Ramadan.

Assalamu Alaikum

jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2791

I heart the Madina

« Reply #30 on: Aug 22, 2010 08:06 AM »

SubhanAllah that's gorgeous. Did you climb up there? And while fasting!!!  Shocked

Ilyas
Bro

Reps: 24

« Reply #31 on: Aug 22, 2010 07:47 PM »

Not really, you can drive up to a couple hundred feet short of the summit. I actually wanted to go on another one that was lower but you had to hike up but my friend wanted to drive instead. Alhumdulillah we made it there and back in one piece and had a great time.

Assalamu Alaikum

Halima
Sis

Reps: 397

« Reply #32 on: Aug 22, 2010 08:43 PM »

Deaf Muslims in Kenya have many benefits according to the deaf Muslims living other Islamic countries. In Nairobi the largest mosque in Kenya JAMIA Mosque has every Friday khudbah interpreter for deaf Muslims

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=11&ved=0CDoQFjAK&url=http%3A%2F%2Fhusseinab.multiply.com%2Fphotos%2Falbum%2F4%2FJAMIA_MASJID_NAIROBIKENYA&ei=OHpxTMnFDcL48AaasfyCDQ&usg=AFQjCNGX8AL0QXpPmoroP-R-1qHhQZq3BQ

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira

skhansj
Bro

Reps: 14

« Reply #33 on: Aug 22, 2010 10:04 PM »

Br. Ilyas,
These were absolutely beautiful.

Of all the places that I saw in my 40 days cross-country drive in 2000, Colorado was the place that I loved the most.

The rugged hills, clean water, and sheer contemplative/reflective potential was just so brilliant. I spent three days there, while spending not more than a day anywhere else.

The roads are amazing as well, typically two, single undivided lanes, with a several thousand feet drop off on one side. For people who get nervous around trucks, this would make them absolutely white with fear <wink>.

- skhansj

Sarah Amena
Sis

Reps: 16

« Reply #34 on: Aug 23, 2010 04:05 AM »

Sister Halima,
The video of the man signing the Khutba brought tears to my eyes! SubanAllah a million times!!

khadija13
Sis

« Reply #35 on: Aug 23, 2010 09:27 AM »

This might just be the place to post this. Praying Asr on top of Mt. Evans(Estes Park, CO) at over 14,000 feet on the 10th day of Ramadan.

Such a wonderful picture Smiley

Jazak ALLAH khair

Allah knows
Allah knows.....
Alhamdaollilah

Halima
Sis

Reps: 397

« Reply #36 on: Aug 23, 2010 11:49 AM »

Sister Halima,
The video of the man signing the Khutba brought tears to my eyes! SubanAllah a million times!!

Yes, Sis Sarah. It moves one's heart.

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #37 on: Aug 30, 2010 10:13 PM »

Yayyy some beautiful new pictures for this year!!

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/08/ramadan_2010.html

khadija13
Sis

« Reply #38 on: Sep 02, 2010 04:44 PM »

A Syrian Muslim girl stands at the top of Mount Qassioun, which overlooks Damascus city, during sunset and prays before eating her Iftar meal on August 22, 2010.

Allah knows
Allah knows.....
Alhamdaollilah

khadija13
Sis

« Reply #39 on: Sep 02, 2010 04:45 PM »

Her hands decorated with henna, an Afghan Muslim woman takes part in evening prayers during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan on August 13, 2010 in Kabul, Afghanistan. (Majid Saeedi/Getty Images) #

Allah knows
Allah knows.....
Alhamdaollilah

khadija13
Sis

« Reply #40 on: Sep 02, 2010 04:47 PM »

Shop owner Boualem Bensalem (left) prays in his flat with family and friends before for Iftar meal in Geneva, Switzerland on August 23, 2010. Switzerland is home to some 311,000 Muslims (4.3% of the population).

Allah knows
Allah knows.....
Alhamdaollilah

khadija13
Sis

« Reply #41 on: Sep 02, 2010 04:48 PM »

A Palestinian Muslim worshiper walks in an alley of Jerusalem's Old City, on her way to pray at the Al Aqsa Mosque on the third Friday of Ramadan on Aug. 27, 2010.

Allah knows
Allah knows.....
Alhamdaollilah

khadija13
Sis

« Reply #42 on: Sep 02, 2010 04:50 PM »

Children run around inside the premises of Jama mosque after Friday afternoon prayers in New Delhi, India, Friday, Aug. 20, 2010.

A Palestinian Muslim man reads from the Quran, Islam's holy book, on "fajr" or early morning prayer, during Ramadan at a mosque in the West Bank city of Ramallah on Tuesday, Aug. 17, 2010.

Indonesian women pray during the first night of Ramadan in Jakarta on August 10, 2010. (ADEK BERRY/AFP/Getty Images) #

Allah knows
Allah knows.....
Alhamdaollilah

khadija13
Sis

« Reply #43 on: Sep 02, 2010 04:54 PM »

A mahya reading "Hold the fast. find good health" hangs between the minarets of the Ottoman-era Eminonu New Mosque in Istanbul August 12, 2010. Mahya, where dangling lights suspended between minarets spell out devotional messages in huge letters, are intended to reward and inspire the faithful who have spent the daylight hours fasting. Today just a handful of Istanbul's mosques use Mahya, the phrases dictated by Turkey's directorate of religious affairs...

A Muslim man places a chart which marks the times to pray on a wall during the first day of Ramadan at a mosque in the southern Spanish town of Estepona, near Malaga August 11, 2010.
Thousands of Muslims circle the Kaaba inside the Grand Mosque in Islam's holiest city of Mecca, taking part in dawn (fajir) prayers on August 29, 2010.

Thousands of Muslims gather in the Grand Mosque, in Islam's holiest city of Mecca and home to the Kaaba (center), as they take part in dawn (fajir) prayers on August 29, 2010, to start their day-long fast during the holy month or Ramadan.

Muslim pilgrims pray inside the Grand Mosque, with the Mecca Clock in the background, on the second day of the fasting month of Ramadan in Mecca August 12, 2010. The giant clock on a skyscraper in Islam's holiest city Mecca began ticking on Wednesday at the start of the fasting month of Ramadan, amid hopes by Saudi Arabia that it will become the Muslim world's official timekeeper. (

Allah knows
Allah knows.....
Alhamdaollilah

khadija13
Sis

« Reply #44 on: Sep 02, 2010 04:57 PM »

Indonesian chefs make miniature chocolate mosques for sale during the fasting month of Ramadan, at a chocolate shop in Jakarta, Indonesia, Friday, Aug. 20, 2010.

A man prays during Ramadan Jummah prayer at the Islamic Center in Washington, D.C. on August 13, 2010.

A Muslim man performs ablution before prayer during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan at the London Muslim Centre on August 18, 2010 in London, England

A member of Fairfax County Fire and Rescue, lower left, participates in an Iftar, the evening meal when Muslim break their fast during Ramadan, August 17, 2010 at Dar Al-Hijrah Islamic Center in Falls Church, Virginia. The Islamic center invited frontline responders for Ramadan dinner to show appreciation and foster increased understanding.

Allah knows
Allah knows.....
Alhamdaollilah

khadija13
Sis

« Reply #45 on: Sep 02, 2010 05:01 PM »

The crescent moon is seen near mosques in old Cairo on the fifth day of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan on August 15, 2010.

Kashmiri Muslims pray on a street on the third Friday of Ramadan, in Srinagar, India, Friday

A Bahraini man points skyward at dusk Tuesday, Aug. 10, 2010, in Hamad Town, Bahrain, towards where a slim crescent moon should be visible to indicate the start of the Islamic holy month of Ramadan, a time of prayer, fasting and charitable giving. Clouds hampered skywatchers in the Persian Gulf island nation. (AP Photo/Hasan Jamali) #
With the Dome of the Rock Mosque seen in the background, a Palestinian Muslim worshiper prays during the third Friday prayers of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, in the Al-Aqsa Mosque compound in Jerusalem's Old City on Friday, Aug. 27, 2010.

Allah knows
Allah knows.....
Alhamdaollilah

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #46 on: Aug 04, 2011 05:40 AM »

These are absolutely stunning and so thought provoking. SubhanAllah. So many Muslims living in a sad state these days. May Allah improve our condition. Ameen.

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2011/08/ramadan_begins.html

So many favorites...

#9 Who's dreaming of giant chai to go with that biscuit mosque!

#13 I've never seen such a picture of pure Zuhd :'( May Allah reward him.

#19 so cute!

#23 & #27 I dare anyone to complain about their fasting now.

#31 & #32 love it!

Some below...

orangetree
Sis

Reps: 66

« Reply #47 on: Aug 04, 2011 12:35 PM »

#13 I've never seen such a picture of pure Zuhd :'( May Allah reward him.

tell me about it.  It got me right here *points to heart*

I love the pics.

"Even after all this time, the sun never says to the earth “you owe me”. Look what happens with a love like that, it lights the whole sky." Hafiz

BrKhalid
Bro

Reps: 273

« Reply #48 on: Aug 04, 2011 03:07 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

I was wondering where the Boston Globe pictures were this year bro

# 9 That's going to be some Eid celebration when it comes down! bro

#15 Wouldn't be Ramadhan without some good ole jelabi Wink

# 35 Great shot

Amazing to think that there are over 1.5 billion people around the world who are fasting during this month and going through exactly the same experiences (for the most part) that we are.

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]

Mubaraka
Sis

Reps: 412

« Reply #49 on: Aug 04, 2011 07:44 PM »

Assalaamualikum

Really good pics.

#13-Makes me jealous of him....I am sure Allah is pleased with him..May Allah accept and reward his and all  muslim's ibadah .Ameen

#23 and 27-Fasting makes us realize the condition of people in such a state..we become so thankless at times...May Allah relieve them of their hardships.Ameen

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: