Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Things I've noticed this Ramadhan....  (Read 14138 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2777

I heart the Madina

« Reply #50 on: Aug 03, 2011 05:16 AM »

I noticed that all our mosques are shortening the time of taraweeh. We used to do 2 hours with a half hour khatirah! But now it's so late 10pm when we start so it's more like 1 hour with 15 minutes khatirah. Kind of sad that it's so short but would be very hard on everyone esp those working if it was so long!!

Jaihoon
Jaihoon
Bro

Reps: 214

« Reply #51 on: Aug 03, 2011 06:10 AM »

wsalam,

The funniest thing is that so many ppl are noticing ppl with iphones and even ipads in the Taraweeh lines!

next big app : iTaraweeh  Wink

akhan
Bro

Reps: 1076

« Reply #52 on: Aug 03, 2011 06:21 AM »

lol...our Masjid has signal jammers, so doesn't really matter even if people pull out their phones. They won't be able to do anything.

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #53 on: Aug 03, 2011 06:40 AM »

how much do those things cost? my dad wants to install one in ours too!

UmmWafi
Sis

Reps: 121

« Reply #54 on: Aug 03, 2011 07:01 AM »

I must be old..I wanted to ask how much do those things cost cos I want to install them in my house  Embarrassed

akhan
Bro

« Reply #55 on: Aug 03, 2011 07:14 AM »

how much do those things cost? my dad wants to install one in ours too!
I must be old..I wanted to ask how much do those things cost cos I want to install them in my house  Embarrassed
I don't know. I'll ask the Muadhin and let you guys know.

JustOne
Sis

Reps: 172

« Reply #56 on: Aug 03, 2011 02:42 PM »

i'd like to interrupt to go back to ummwafi's thing...

song and dance and fireworks? lol! how, and why, and for what purpose??

akhan
Bro

« Reply #57 on: Aug 03, 2011 03:41 PM »

I just returned from Maghrib and there was a guy who was wearing a shirt with "Amrita Pan Masala" written on it Cheesy

http://www.kumaar.com/Jammers/Jammers.htm
http://www.cell-phone-jammers.com/

Jammer links for sis J and sis Ummwafi

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #58 on: Aug 03, 2011 04:00 PM »

ws,

looks like they range from $100-$300 over here. u know what tho in the mosque we're at with such strict separation we all use cell phones to communicate with the brothers side! to call our dads/bros/husbands etc. if they install that we're stuck with sending little kids as messengers back and forth again  Cheesy

Ilyas
Bro

Reps: 24

« Reply #59 on: Aug 03, 2011 06:42 PM »

I've noticed that more and more people are coming to the taraweh prayer compared to years past, including young kids mashAllah. I don't think I've ever seen so many people come to Isha prayer or taraweh before.

Assalamu Alaikum

Nafs
« Reply #60 on: Aug 03, 2011 07:05 PM »

...that things are going from bad to worse here in my small corner of the earth. We started off Ramadan with a song and dance performance which ended with fireworks  Huh? The songs were not nasheeds even Sad A'udzubillahi min zalik...

I know it's not good to look at things in a not nice way, but I feel like things havent started out so well over here either. I am hoping hoping hoping that time doesn't slip by and things do not continue this way!

akhan
Bro

« Reply #61 on: Aug 03, 2011 07:32 PM »

ws,

looks like they range from $100-$300 over here. u know what tho in the mosque we're at with such strict separation we all use cell phones to communicate with the brothers side! to call our dads/bros/husbands etc. if they install that we're stuck with sending little kids as messengers back and forth again  Cheesy

lol..today they installed a new sound system with a wireless mic and the jammer was interfering with it so they had to turn it off Grin but, they're going to buy a wired mic tomorrow so the jammer's still in business Smiley

sadah
Brother
Bro

Reps: 387

Dont be sad...

« Reply #62 on: Aug 04, 2011 01:24 AM »

ws,

That takes us to Benefit-Cost Ratio. You can weigh the +ves and -ves.

"Whoever rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break." Q 2:256"

maryamarub
Sis

Reps: 53

VERILY ALLAH IS WITH THOSE WHO ARE PATIENT

« Reply #63 on: Aug 12, 2011 11:06 PM »

....that time flies by so fast during ramadan Shocked, today I was like oh my God 12 days gone Shocked!! and I its so annoying how no matter when I start cooking I never finish on time Angry

akhan
Bro

« Reply #64 on: Aug 18, 2011 01:59 AM »

I noticed this from day one but I donno why I didn't post it here..

.....that the number of beggars outside our Masjid is increasing by the day.

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #65 on: Aug 22, 2011 09:43 AM »

-that cereal is the best suhoor....tried everything from pizza to 3 course desi meals... i think it's cuz cereal has fiber and vitamins and stuff

-that eating very lightly at iftar makes taraweeh sooo much easier

-that I should have done laundry pre-ramadan  fez

-that i should have planned out my zakat/sadaqah spending thru the month

-that drinking a bottle of water after taraweeh/on the way home is the best time for water

-that pre-reading Quran makes taraweeh a much better experience

-that cycling thru diff types of ibadah... ie dua salah reading quran listening to quran reading stuff is better than just one

-that u need to have goals otherwise u just graze

-that ppl are meaner AND nicer during ramadan

k that's it for now Wink

lala marcy
Sis

Reps: 143

« Reply #66 on: Aug 24, 2011 04:22 AM »

..life is short
...ramadan is almost done...what!
....true colors shine through
.....wondering if Muslims in war torn countries who are fighting still fast?
......my mom and dad are the bestest
.......good children are a blessing  fez
........i'm only working 2 days this week!  princesssis
.........web cams are bringing is all closer..invest in skype.  Undecided

BrKhalid
Bro

Reps: 273

« Reply #67 on: Sep 07, 2011 06:37 AM »

....that after the passing away of the month, Ramadhan feels like that close friend we used to have at school who was never the most popular but who always there to help and encourage us when the 'in crowd' had turned their back and rejected us.

How sad then that when the month is at an end and we regain our 'popularity', that we leave our one true friend and return to those who would feign amenity but who, in reality, would forsake us at a moment's notice.

How sad must he feel seeing the one he cares for negligently seeking others when real happiness actually resides with him.

Perhaps one year we will finally wake up and realise what we were seeking was actually with us all along.

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #68 on: Sep 07, 2011 06:48 PM »

wsalam,

never saw ramadan in that 'mean girls' light before Wink but yes sad to see that everyone's so into things and then after ramadan the mosques are empty. also just the feeling of blessings/hope of answered duas all around us seems to dissipate.

signed another member suffering from PRDS!

Riat8883
Ramadan Diaries

Reps: 253

« Reply #69 on: Aug 02, 2012 07:17 PM »

Salaam
that mosques have suddenely become small and if you want to find aplace inside at jumuah make sure you are there long before khutubah starts-Where do all these people go after ramadhan?
That more sisters are in hijabs-where do these scarfs go after ramadhan?

akhan
Bro

« Reply #70 on: Aug 02, 2012 08:52 PM »

-That unprocessed dates from the middle east are now available in Hyderabad.
-That haleem is now more expensive.
-That my dad will retire immediately after Ramadan.
-That I am no longer a student like I was last year.
-That my future seems very uncertain.
-That I have a smartphone now.
-That Muslims are dying, here(I've seen two deaths already) and of course in the middle east, in Burma and in Northeast India.
-That my brother is becoming lazier by the second.
-That beggars are becoming increasingly innovative in their begging tactics.
-That the sudden influx of Ramadan Muslims in the masjid has made it very difficult for the Muaddhin to maintain the masjid to the standard that it used to be maintained before Ramadan started.
-That the Ramadan Muslims are critical of the masjid committee's performance even though they never come to the masjid the rest of the year and it is their very sudden, unexpected and unsolicited presence Grin that is making it difficult to keep up the masjid's cleanliness.
and the list goes on

Cinders
Sis

Reps: 254

« Reply #71 on: Aug 02, 2012 09:27 PM »

Assalamu Alaiykum,

•I've noticed a greater bond with my family this month & also reconnected with friends that I lost touch with. Smiley Everyone is TRYING extra hard to be nice, which is really nice.
•Olympics really shouldn't coincide with Ramadan (like ever Cheesy )
• Even though I said I would stop going on Internet (& packed my laptop away) that sometimes an iPhone is very much a distraction & especially as I still keep checking my email & going on the browser. Oh & WHATSAPP! However the best thing about an iPhone is all the du'a & apps & iQuran has been especially beneficial.
• that Masjids seem quieter (for sisters section anyway) and nowhere near as many screaming or loud kids during Teraweh, although Jummah seems to be absolutely full, to the point of overflowing!
• that even though we have very long days of fasting here in UK, the days seem to be flying past & I feel I haven't done as much as I'd hoped in terms of worship.

That's it for now.

وَلَسَوْفَ يُعْطِيكَ رَبُّكَ فَتَرْضَىٰ

And soon will your Lord give you so that you shall be well pleased.
Al Qur'an (93:5)

Nature
Sis

Reps: 795

« Reply #72 on: Aug 03, 2012 12:52 AM »

-Fasting in the States is soooo easy compared to Sudan, where it is now blistering midsummer! I just feel a bit hungry, to the point that I don't feel like I'm fasting!

Nafs
« Reply #73 on: Aug 03, 2012 07:32 AM »

.. that the world is beautiful ... and so are you <3

blackrose
Sis

Reps: 31

« Reply #74 on: Aug 03, 2012 09:21 AM »

That Ramadan is what you make it. It can be just a month of fasting but you don't gain any benefit if you don't push yourself to do extra good deeds, extra prayers, Quran ect.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: