Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I tell I am fasting or not ?  (Read 1101 times)
tq
Sis

Reps: 189

« on: Sep 02, 2008 03:34 PM »

Assalamo elikuim
Every other thursday at my work we have lunch and learn where different departments give presentation etc.
Since its Ramadan, when asked for lunch should I tell them that I am fasting and make everybody feel uncomfortable since they will be eting during the presentation and miss the dawah opportunity or should I simply say that I'll take later ?

JazakAllah khair
Wasalam
tq

blackrose
Sis

Reps: 31

« Reply #1 on: Sep 02, 2008 05:38 PM »

salaam
you dont have to do either, make them uncomfortable or lie.

when they ask for lunch simply say , 'no thanks' and then if they ask more you can go into more detail.

Abdurahman
Bro

Reps: 44

Oh Allah, Guide us to the Straight Path.

« Reply #2 on: Sep 03, 2008 02:14 PM »

Asalamualaikum wrt wb,

All praise be to Allah.

Perhaps your colleagues have already heard about Ramadan, so you can use this opportunity to give them a little dawah.  Just simply telling them you are fasting is an expression of faith that is rarely seen in today's age.  This is why our sisters who wear their Hijabs are walking Da'ees, they give dawah by reminding people of obedience to Allah in an age of worshipping desires and base passions.

May Allah give you strength to be proud of your religion and the wisdom to give dawah with beautiful preaching .

And Allah knows best.

Be merciful to those on earth, and the One in the Heavens will be merciful to you.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: