Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Now, I don’t see color. People tell me I’m white and I believe them because police officers call me “sir”. - Steven Colbert
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anti-Islam film Mideast 'debuts' in Israel  (Read 538 times)
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« on: Sep 04, 2008 08:00 AM »

What if a film on Israel's brutality is made?  I wonder if Arieh Eldad will accept if these same words are used after such film is screened:
"If a patient denies his disease he is doomed."

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Anti-Islam film Mideast 'debuts' in Israel

9/3/08

JERUSALEM (AFP) - A controversial Dutch film linking Islam to terrorism received a rare public airing in the Middle East on Wednesday when a right-wing Israeli MP showed clips of it at a press conference in Jerusalem.

"The conflict that Israel and the Arabs are involved in during the last hundred years is not a local disease, but it's a kind of symptom of a global disease," right-wing MP Arieh Eldad told a small group of reporters.

"The issue here is not a territorial conflict between us and the Palestinians, but Israel is only the front fortress of Western civilisation in the Middle East."

He then played a short clip of the 17-minute-long film "Fitna" by right-wing Dutch MP Geert Wilders, which pairs graphic footage of major terror attacks with verses from the Koran and has sparked outrage in some Muslim countries.

UN chief Ban Ki-moon has called the film "offensively anti-Islamic," and European foreign ministers supported the Netherlands in rejecting it.

In April, Ayatollah Ahmad Khatami, a prominent Iranian cleric, said Israel and unidentified "oppressive powers" were behind the "satanic" film, accusing Wilders of being close to the Israeli government.

Eldad plans to host a conference called "Facing Jihad" in Israel's Knesset in December with 20 to 30 European parliamentarians, including Wilders and Baroness Caroline Cox, an independent member of Britain's House of Lords.

He declined to mention the names of any other participants but said the gathering would not include members of "extreme right-wing racist parties."

Arab Israeli MP Ahmed Tibi slammed the showing of the film, calling it an "illegal, immoral, and outrageous reflection of Jewish racism against Islam."

He added however that there would be no public demonstrations against the December conference because the leaders of Israel's mostly Muslim Arab minority of some 1.2 million people did not want to attract more attention to it.

Eldad insisted his intention was not to offend Muslims.

"I don't want to offend the Muslims, I just want to expose the true nature of Islam and to educate Europeans and Israelis to understand what is the true nature of the battle we are involved in," Eldad said.

"If a patient denies his disease he is doomed."

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: