// what should I reply to a friend who left Islam
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "Press any key to continue, where's the any key?" - Homer
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what should I reply to a friend who left Islam  (Read 6929 times)
Abdurahman
Bro

Reputation Power: 4
Abdurahman has no influence :(

Oh Allah, Guide us to the Straight Path.

« Reply #25 on: Sep 08, 2008 12:02 AM »

Asalamualaikum,

Sorry I meant to say that her local imam told her it was ok for her to stay with him, but she didn't feel right about it.  Dr. Buti says that in cases of Daroora for minorities, we should not invent a new fiqh, because the general principle still remains the reference for all times and all places. 

In situations like this, the Prophet, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, used to say: "Ask your heart.  Truth is what finds comfort in the heart, and falsehood is what is uncomfotable, even if the people give you so many fatwas."

And Allah knows best.

Be merciful to those on earth, and the One in the Heavens will be merciful to you.
Abdurahman
Bro

« Reply #26 on: Sep 08, 2008 12:52 PM »

Asalamualaikum wrt wb,

All praise be to Allah.

To Anonymous, if what you say is true, than why has there never been a female US president over the last two hundred and fifty years?

The Prophet, may peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, said that whoever guards what is between his two jaw bones (the tongue), and what is between his two legs (the private parts), I guarantee for him Jannah.

Fighting one's nafs and sexual desires is difficult, but the Prophet, may peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, said:  Worship and obedience to Allah in times of Fitnah, is like making Hijrah to me.

Imagine the beautiful Prophet, upon him be peace, standing in front of you with a handful of water in his blessed hands, calling you to come drink from the blessed rivers of Jannah, and the evil Shaitan calling at your back, engulfed in flames, calling you to come with him to the fire. 

Which way would you go?

And Allah knows best.

Be merciful to those on earth, and the One in the Heavens will be merciful to you.
Anonymous
« Reply #27 on: Sep 08, 2008 02:44 PM »

salaam

brother Abudurahman Im not sure what 'being a US Pres ' has to do with anything?

Another thing brother Abdurahman is that it really bothers me when you say that that 'all' the scholars forbid this. Because it is then a lie, is it not? That is the thing that really bothers me about your posts. A sister just proved to you that is not true. Jamal Badawi is a scholar too is he not?  And from what Barr said it was a 'fatwa of scholars' . If you are not sure then you should say ' I 'think' all scholars forbid this'.

salaam
Anonymous
« Reply #28 on: Sep 08, 2008 10:05 PM »

Wa'alaikumussalam warahmatullah,

Dr. Buti says that in cases of Daroora for minorities, we should not invent a new fiqh, because the general principle still remains the reference for all times and all places. 

Dr Ramadan Al Buti is a scholar whom I respect very much. As such, it would be useful for me, if you could give a reference of Dr Albuti's opinions.

My response is not to debunk what Dr Albuti *may* have said and meant. Rather, it is a response to show a variation of opinions in Fiqh based on specific context et al. Yes, the principles of shariah is perfect and suitable for all times, but the application of shariah is fluid and dynamic.

The Fiqh of Minorities, in my very limited sessions with those who are more knowledgable than me, is not a new fiqh. Muslims have been minorities in many societies throughout the world for centuries, and the fiqh dealing with such issues is not a newly (or oldly) invented one. What is "recent" about it, is simply terminologies.

As for Sr JO's case, I'd suggest more research and the usual "go back to an sheikh whom you trust" for a fatwa that's contextual for the sister's specific case, bearing in mind Br Abdurahman's reminder:

"..the Prophet, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, used to say: "Ask your heart.  Truth is what finds comfort in the heart, and falsehood is what is uncomfotable, even if the people give you so many fatwas."

Allahua'lam.

Barr
Sis

Reputation Power: 8
Barr has no influence :(

« Reply #29 on: Sep 08, 2008 10:06 PM »

Ooops, that was me (see above post)
Abdurahman
Bro

« Reply #30 on: Sep 09, 2008 01:23 AM »

Asalamualaikum wrt wb,

All praise be to Allah.

Honorable sister,

You can refer to his lecture series on "Fiqh as Seerah", when talking about the migration of Muslim women to Madina.  I attended the lecture.  I believe it is only available in Arabic.  However, there is a translation of one of his books in English called "The Jurisprudence of the Prophetic Biography."  which is highly recommended as an introduction for the student of Seerah, and is perhaps Dr. Buti's most famous work.

Regarding Darura (Compulsion) and its limitations, my teachers say: Darura is a situation where one's life or limb is threatened.  For example, if one is choking, he may drink alcohol if nothing else is available, to the extent that wards off the harm to life or limb.

I believe there are some teachers who relax this limitation, and although my teachers disagree with them, I do not claim to reject their ijtihad.  For the common Muslim, once they are convinced of the scholarly qualifications of a mufti, and they are convinced of their piety and fear of Allah, they may make taqleed (imitation) of the scholar.

And Allah knows best.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: