Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "The science of hadith is the noblest means of attaining closeness to the Lord of the Worlds" - Imam Nawawi
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Canceled Islamic Novel Picked Up  (Read 834 times)
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« on: Sep 05, 2008 10:40 AM »

Canceled Islamic Novel Picked Up

9/4/08

By JULIE BOSMAN; Compiled by JULIE BLOOM
Published: September 3, 2008

A novel with Islamic themes that was canceled by Random House last month has been picked up by a German publisher, the author said in an interview with a German newspaper, according to The Associated Press. The novel, “The Jewel of Medina” by Sherry Jones, will be published in October in English, Ms. Jones told the newspaper Leipziger Volkszeitung. The 432-page book was originally to be published last month by Ballantine Books, an imprint of Random House, which described it as “a fascinating portrait of A’isha, child bride of the prophet Muhammad, who overcame great obstacles to reach her full potential as a woman and a leader.” Random House, a spokeswoman said, “requested that it be postponed indefinitely” after being advised that the book could cause tensions.

Copyright 2008 NYT

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: