Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Apr 16, 2014 08:11 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Friends, Rumi, countrymen, lend me your poetry.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Salam sisters-are there any sisters from the UK?  (Read 2539 times)
Princess1983
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
Princess1983 has no influence :(

Make duaa for those less fortunate than us.

« on: Sep 06, 2008 10:25 PM »

Salam sisters,

now admin, forgive me if I am not allowed to post such messages I thought I was doing something positive-please remove it if it is unsuitable.

Now as we're all busy in Ramadan we will all be doing things such as praying and giving to charity. I was speaking to someone today who mentioned they were unable to donate the amount they wished to due to loss of job. This person mentioned that during the month of Ramadan we all want to do our bit which got me thinking about other people in a similar situation. This has inspired me to encourage not only myself but encourage other sisters (and brothers) to come together and pitch in a few quid to purchase food aid boxes for those less fortunate.

A box to feed a small family for a month is £40.00. Wouldn't it be ace if we could get brothers and sisters from Jannah.org  flowersis to pitch in so we can make a big impact to those who require our duaas and helping hand in their hour of need?

Is there any sisters (or brothers?!) who feel the same and would like to contribute (along with me of course!) to purchase some food aid boxes can you express your interests?

There will be brothers and sisters who will have prior arrangements to give to charity-if you do that's cool too. As mentioned I got inspired by someone earlier.

May you all have a blessed Ramadan.

Princess

Our Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) wasn't just sent to guide us Muslims, he is a unique, true example to EVERYONE.
This life is only a test-passing will equal Jannah, Inshallah!
Oh Muslim brothers and sisters-consider sponsoring an Orphan if Allah has blessed you with the finances to do so-Ameen.
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Sep 06, 2008 10:36 PM »

salam

Whos organinsing this, where are the boxes going more info please.

Sorry I've been thinking for years something like this would be fabulous and now it seems ot have actually happened.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Princess1983
Sis

« Reply #2 on: Sep 06, 2008 10:44 PM »

W/salam sister,

The Muslim Aid charity is organising the boxes. All we do is donate the money and let them know what we want the money to go towards.

I've been looking at the charity and Mashallah they've been around for a long time and have done a lot of excellent work (like many charities out there I must add).

Our Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) wasn't just sent to guide us Muslims, he is a unique, true example to EVERYONE.
Oh Muslim brothers and sisters-consider sponsoring an Orphan if Allah has blessed you with the finances to do so-Ameen.
Muslimah
Sis

Muslimah has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Sep 06, 2008 11:06 PM »

Asslamo Alaykum,

I got something through the post with regards to the Muslim Aid charity too.

You are able to offer the less fortunate Ramadan gifts, which fall into four different categories:-

Education, Food and Nutrition, Healthcare, and Income Generation

They all have different prices attached to it depending on which you want.

They also have a 'become a parent of the Rainbow Family' which is sponsoring and helping out the needy children, mainly orpahns.

Walikum Salaam
Fozia
Sis

Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #4 on: Sep 06, 2008 11:09 PM »

salam

Ah yes I have heard of muslim aid, I should have opened my mail I suppose, but if it doesnt look like a bill I dont open it!!!

I think its a fabulous idea actually, I've always wanted to do something from an islamic stance in direct contrast to the rather scary christmas shoebox 'charity'.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Princess1983
Sis

« Reply #5 on: Sep 07, 2008 11:40 AM »

Walakumsalam sisters,

I think I've done that before (not opening letters if they don't look important).

I was looking at regular sponsorship. I'm at the end of my work contract however I have found that the same charity offers sponsorship of a child's education (usually a child who is an orphan) or the sponsership of an Elder who has noone to look after them at £12.00 a month  flowersis . I can commit to this amount and know I shall inshallah be able to carry it on.

I was shopping a while ago with some friends and noticed how much money one can fritter away on things we really don't need. I made a decision a while ago to read beauty magazines etc online rather than buy them to save money and save the environment too. A couple of my friends made similar decisions too. Has anyone else noticed how after Ramadan that is can be easy to slip into ones old ways?

Sister Fozia-what are the scary christmas shoeboxes charity like?

Fozia
Sis

« Reply #6 on: Sep 07, 2008 09:54 PM »

salam

Have you not heard of 'operation' christmas child, basically people generally church goers, or sometimes even schools do it as its charity, fill up a shoebox with small things as a gift for a child. These are then distributed to the poor, generally in a church, by missionaries in heavily muslim areas. So the little chidren obviously go to get their box and are met with a load of people trying to convert them.

My daughters school does the sponsor a muslim child thing thro muslim hands. Each parent is asked to set up a direct debit/standing order to pay a certain amount they feel comfortable with each month, for a child in a poor country.

Wassalaam

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: