Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: you want to know where ALLAH is?....you dont even know where you are - Shaykh Hamza Yusuf
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good News from Palestine  (Read 1665 times)
cheese
« on: Sep 09, 2008 04:49 PM »

Good News from Palestine

By Israel Shamir

Two boats Free Gaza and Liberty manned by fourtysome activists from various lands, safely reached the shores of besieged Gaza . They passed through the naval blockade established by the Israelis, and brought a message of hope, and even some provision for the besieged. This was far from obvious and expected conclusion of the daring enterprise; some 20 years ago, a similar attempt ended in catastrophe. In 1988, the PLO staged an unsuccessful effort to sail from Cyprus to Haifa . The Israeli frogmen attached a limp mine to the ship, named the Sol Phryne and re-christened Exodus-2, while it was in the Cypriot port of Limassol , while a day earlier they planted a bomb in the car of the crew and killed three of them. That voyage had been timed to coincide with 40 years of Nakba and the founding of Israel . For twenty years, nobody even mentioned it, nor tried to repeat the suicidal trip. This trip marked the 60th anniversary, and it went off successfully.

This is a happy event: we should be glad that the boats arrived safely. Let these small vessels be remembered together with Granma and Exodus, if not with Santa Maria of Columbus , for they did an historic deed. The siege of Gaza is breaking down. The Israeli authorities said they did not want to interfere with the boats in order to give it less publicity. But events have their own dynamics; and we may hope that Israeli leaders won’t find it that easy to go back to their bad old ways. One small demonstration may lead to revolution. This operation should be extended, and multiplied; instead of one boat, hundred boats should sail.

Our congratulations to brave and intrepid men and women who sailed these boats to the shores of Gaza . And our special congratulations to Uri Davis, one of the Free Gaza activists, who saw the light in more ways than one. After being a life-long godless atheist, he came to God, and accepted Islam. After being a single man for a long time, he got married to a Palestinian lady of the noble Husseini family. So many blessings to Uri Davis! One Jew less and one bachelor less, in one go!

By his triple deed, Uri Davis gave a powerful answer to his erstwhile friend Uri Avnery.

Avnery wrote a piece warning the Palestinians: don’t you dream of living with Jews in one state, because the Jews would rather expel or exterminate you. An Indian-style reservation is as good as you may ever hope to get from us. Our friend John Spritzler wrote a strong reply http://spritzlerj. blogspot. com/ to Avnery, saying: “This is no different from a Mafia thug giving "friendly advice" to a shop owner, warning what the consequences will be for failure to pay the Mafia's "protection" fee. Here we see Avnery the Zionist dropping his facade of "kindly friend of the Palestinians" and making it perfectly clear where he stands: challenge the Zionist project of an exclusively Jewish sovereignty in most of Palestine , and we will all unite as a "fascist right wing" to drive you out of Palestine .”

Uri Davis came and slapped Avnery’s face: if even he, a paragon of Jewish atheism, can convert and embrace Palestinians, not only in One state, but in One community believing in One God, in One family and in One bed, the Jewish steadfastness is surely collapsing.

Israel is the only place where it seems to be an oddity: in the US and in Russia , majority of marriages are mixed ones. Jews are opting out of Jewry as fast as they can.

[Edited by Admin: See Note below.]
LeylaNur
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
LeylaNur has no influence :(

Remembrance of Allah is the true source of peace..

« Reply #1 on: Sep 09, 2008 08:51 PM »

I had a bad feeling when I read the title of this..

I try to remember to count my blessings each day because I have many:

To be thankful for my health, and that of my loved ones, the presence of my husband and the continuation of our marriage, that we can pay our bills and have food on the table..

So many blessings but often, so little thanks!
Admin
Administrator

Reputation Power: 107
Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #2 on: Sep 09, 2008 09:01 PM »

Please adhere to our Constitution of the Madina. In it everyone posting on this board is required to have respect for other people and faiths.

ARTICLE III: Restrictions

1. Anything insulting any other person(s), groups, organizations, fellow posters or moderators will be removed.

Please read the Constitution again and if you do not agree with it please let us know and we will remove your membership.

This is your last warning. Anything else posted in this manner will result in your removal from the Madina.

cheese
« Reply #3 on: Sep 10, 2008 12:29 AM »

I reject the accusation.

The whole article including the bits you removed was an article written by a famous Non-Muslim Israeli Journalist.

It is amazing that even things written by non-Muslim Israelis is too anti-Jewish for some American Muslims.

If me pasting that article unedited goes against:
1. Anything insulting any other person(s), groups, organizations, fellow posters or moderators will be removed.

Does that make him a self insulting Jew which would be some kind of self hating Jew?

The only bit I wrote was the tread title, which in itself is half of the title the Israeli Journalist used for this article he published.

Abdurahman
Bro

Reputation Power: 4
Abdurahman has no influence :(

Oh Allah, Guide us to the Straight Path.

« Reply #4 on: Sep 10, 2008 04:39 AM »

Asalamualaikum wrt wb,

Although I disagree with many of your statements Cheese, this seems unjust to me.  There are other posts on the site disgracing Islam and God, and the Quran, and they are not banned.  Your quoting a criticism by a non-Muslim of the injustices of his people is being punished.

Here is a dua that I read recently:

I seek refuge in the perfect words of Allah from the evil He has created.  I seek refuge in the perfect words of Allah from the evil He has created.  I seek refuge in the perfect words of Allah from the evil He has created.  Ameen.

And Allah knows best.

Be merciful to those on earth, and the One in the Heavens will be merciful to you.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #5 on: Sep 10, 2008 07:59 AM »

Your quoting a criticism by a non-Muslim of the injustices of his people is being punished.

You missed what was taken out.

ws
cheese
« Reply #6 on: Sep 10, 2008 10:29 AM »

That is irrelevant and that is the point of keeping it in.

That is irrelevant because what was taken out was part of that article written and published by that famous non-Muslim Israeli Journalist who has written for Israel’s biggest news papers and comes from one of Israel’s most famous Jewish families and has killed Muslims in some of Israel’s bloodiest battles. When the writings of someone like that can be censured as being anti-Jewish then American Muslims really need to ask themselves some serious questions about who controls their mindset?

It is the point because if the bits were left in the reader can decide for them selves if it was hatred of Jews being preached by a self hating Jew and pasted here by a Jew hating Muslim or love of Muslims and Islam being preached by a repentant Zionist.
The Israeli Jewish author obviously didn’t write it to insult himself or his Jewish family. I don’t consider the article I pasted as insulting, far from it. The removed bits were stating that it is good for Jews to convert and more should do so. That is an obvious Muslim viewpoint, not an insult. So it is really strange when it is considered as an insult even if it came from a Non-Muslim Israeli.
LeylaNur
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
LeylaNur has no influence :(

Remembrance of Allah is the true source of peace..

« Reply #7 on: Sep 10, 2008 08:39 PM »

The thing that upset me mostly was the (original, now changed) title.. ONE LESS JEW.. To anyone reading it (especially a non-Muslim) that did not look like we were celebrating conversions, but rather the death of Jews. I could just see a storm cloud brewing, I swear!

I try to remember to count my blessings each day because I have many:

To be thankful for my health, and that of my loved ones, the presence of my husband and the continuation of our marriage, that we can pay our bills and have food on the table..

So many blessings but often, so little thanks!
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #8 on: Sep 10, 2008 09:44 PM »

salam

Cheese you could've (can he still?), put a link along with the article you copied and pasted and the reader can make his/her own mind up.

I think the danger of pasting up articles as inflammatory as the OP, is that non-muslim readers will take it as a muslim viewpoint.

I didn't touch this thread under the original title as under the circumstances I also thought as Sr. LeylaNur and altho those of other faiths/beliefs would rejoice in human suffering I cannot, IMHO it is unbecoming of a muslim to crow of the sorrow of another person regardless of their creed/colour anything. It sets us apart from the non-believers.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
cheese
« Reply #9 on: Sep 11, 2008 01:14 AM »

Fozia
I really can’t be bothered anymore. Just do a search for the half of the title that hasn’t been censured together with the bit that has been removed and you would find it, especially if you add the authors names, which to the best of my knowledge hasn’t been censured yet.

“I think the danger of pasting up articles as inflammatory as the OP, is that non-muslim readers will take it as a muslim viewpoint.”

I repeat, the author is a non-Muslim. A famous non-Muslim, a non-Muslim famous for being a Non-Muslim with a clearly non-Muslim name!
There aren’t many Muslims with the first name Israel and the surname Shamir?

“did not look like we were celebrating conversions”

The title wasn’t all that was censured, his conclusion at the bottom was too, where he stated that if more Jews converted to Islam, there would be less soldiers to starve the people of Gaza by blockading them, but you have no way of knowing that do you?

I post at a lot of non-Muslim forums. I am treated with a lot more respect by kaffer than I do by my brethren here. I don’t think that makes Muslims look good and that isn’t dawa. The message to Kaffir is, stay kaffir and Muslims will respect you, the minute you convert, your fair game.
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #10 on: Sep 11, 2008 05:54 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

I post at a lot of non-Muslim forums. I am treated with a lot more respect by kaffer than I do by my brethren here

"By the One in Whose hand is my soul, you will not enter Paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Shall I not tell you of something which if you do it, you will love one another? Spread salam amongst yourselves”.[Muslim]

I think I mentioned this hadith once before. In my experience it's the best way of engaging with your fellow Muslims and sharing that common bond we have.

Let's see if we can get a salam out of Br cheese before Ramadhan is over  bro

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #11 on: Sep 11, 2008 08:11 PM »

salam

But how many non-muslims do you know would be able to pick out a muslim name from a line up of foreign looking names???

Hope you're having a good ramadan btw.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: