// on the 'all anonymous' board
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them. - George Bush
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: on the 'all anonymous' board  (Read 4671 times)
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« on: Sep 09, 2008 06:38 PM »

salaam

I realllllllllly like the old way where people had an option to do anon or not. if people want to give their name then whats the problem? the thing is that too many anons get realllllly confusing. i like the option. no option is dictatorship! haha jk
but really plz!
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Sep 09, 2008 08:26 PM »

You can post with your name everywhere else on the board. And you can post individual posts anonymously also. This just gives more choices to people. We'll try it out and see how it goes inshaAllah.
Abdurahman
Bro

Reputation Power: 4
Abdurahman has no influence :(

Oh Allah, Guide us to the Straight Path.

« Reply #2 on: Sep 10, 2008 12:36 AM »

Asalamualaikum wrt wb,

Ok.  But why do you ban people from posting their name if they want to?

Be merciful to those on earth, and the One in the Heavens will be merciful to you.
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Sep 10, 2008 03:37 AM »

Asalamualaikum

Ok.  But why do you ban people from posting their name if they want to?

yah that is what I was trying to say.
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Sep 10, 2008 04:29 AM »

because it's supposed to be anonymous. what's the point if everyone signs their name.
Abdurahman
Bro

« Reply #5 on: Sep 10, 2008 04:58 AM »

Asalamualaikum,

You should be careful from preventing people from spreading the knowledge.  You may end up losing your good deeds on the Day of Judgment.

And Allah knows best.

Be merciful to those on earth, and the One in the Heavens will be merciful to you.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #6 on: Sep 10, 2008 06:31 AM »

wsalam,

I'm not preventing anyone from knowledge, but you should ask yourself why people are insisting on having their name on everything. If knowledge is knowledge and they're not showing off then there is no need for it right. Anyway we are going to try this for awhile and see how it goes.

Abdurahman
Bro

« Reply #7 on: Sep 11, 2008 06:03 PM »

Asalamualaikum,

All praise be to Allah.

Jannah:

1.)   You banned us from posting our names since you want to impose on us that we are all the same in knowledge.  I disagree with your contention that everyone on this board is equal in knowledge.  That is incorrect.  There are those who have spent several years studying abroad with the Ulema, and earned Ijazas to teach.  Then there are those who have studied part-time, in their local communities through distance-education classes.  And there are those who have not studied at all, except what their parents taught them or they learned at Sunday school.  You also have non-Muslims who know absolutely nothing about Islam.

It is a false contention to say everyone is a 'student of knowledge'.  Student of Knowledge in Islam, in fact is very difficult to achieve, which requires devotion to the Ulema, Adab, lots of time, effort, money, and struggle. 

Allah encourages some of the people to go out and gain Fiqh of the deen, so they can come back and teach the others who could not go out.  He does not say everyone should remain ignorant.  You are preventing the beneficial knowledge from propagating by insisting that no one has knowledge on the board, we must post anonymously, and we are only here to support each other.

2.)  I have no problem if someone asks for a daleel or evidence.  This is what Islam is based on.  Imam Malik, while giving a lesson in the Prophet's Mosque, said:  "Every person's speech can be accepted or rejected, except the occupant of this grave."  He was pointing to the Prophet's grave, may peace and blessings of Allah be upon him. 

3.)   Your accusation of my intentions for posting my name is devilish and it is from the Shaitan.  You should fear Allah.  Only He knows what is in the hearts.  I am not paid to post on this board, nor do I post with my real name, nor have I ever revealed my identity.  Actually, you are the only one who has access to my email address, and it appears you have been revealing my identity to others.  You should fear Allah.  Allah knows the secrets of the hearts.  Fear Allah.

Finally, I seek refuge by Allah's Perfect Words from all the evils He has created, from the Shatian and the Nafs, for He is certainly capable of providing that, and He is Powerful over all things, and to increase us in sincerity for His religion.  Ameen.  Fear Allah.

PS you still haven't told me what the different types of divorce are.

And Allah knows best.

Abu Khaled
Bro

Reputation Power: 11
Abu Khaled has no influence :(

« Reply #8 on: Sep 11, 2008 06:45 PM »

Sidi Abdurahman,

Assalam alaikum wa rahmatullah, may Allah ta'ala allow me to become as you think me to be in terms of 'ilm.

Abdurahman: "There are those who have spent several years studying abroad with the Ulema, and earned Ijazas to teach, like myself, al-Azhari, se7en, Abu Khaled, and others."

I must respectfully ask to be excused from the above company as there is absolutely no way I should be mentioned in the same breath as you all in this context. That is neither humility nor modesty, just fact. Moreover, it is my wish that nothing I write here which, if Allah ta'ala allows to be beneficial to myself and others, be attributed to me, for I loathe to be a reference point for anyone (I'm not saying I am). It is for me, as it has been attributed to Imam al-Shafi'i - radhi'Allahu 'anh - about whom it is reported, on the authority of our teachers, that he wished that people did not attribute anything to him (i.e. if one considers the giant contribution he made to this Ummah - in some ways unparalleled - and these Sacred Sciences), after he left this world. And as one of our teachers pointed out, in his madhhab, rare it is to see a position attributed to him. Rather they (tend to) defer to the Imams Nawawi and Raf'i, radhi'Allahu 'anhum. So it seems that Allah ta'ala indeed granted his wish, radhi'Allahu 'anh.

It is improper and poor adab for me to cite an example such as this, lest it suggest any kind of analogy between the one citing and one being cited. I only referred to it because it is an example of such rare beauty and ikhlas, which never fails to move me when I reflect upon it.

Abu Khaled
se7en
Sis

Reputation Power: 11
se7en has no influence :(

« Reply #9 on: Sep 11, 2008 07:34 PM »

as salaamu alaykum,

whoa...  everybody needs to chill out.  it's ramadan guys! 

it seems to me that if you don't like being anonymous, then don't post in that section of the board!  it's only one section that requires everyone to be anonymous, right? and maybe that section being set up that way has certain benefits, like allowing people to discuss and ask questions that they would otherwise be shy to talk about... I'm not really understanding why it's such a big deal?

also of course in every community there are some people who have studied more than others and therefore have more authority to speak on religious issues, but on a message board where no ones identity is really known or their qualifications, you can't expect ones words to be respected or have more weight than anyone elses.  perhaps there is a different forum that would be more effectual in spreading knowledge in that way, like maybe to set up a fatwa website similar to Islam Q&A, or a personal blog where you can write your responses and ideas and the things you've learned so that people who know you and your qualifications can go and benefit, with a consciousness of where you are coming from and your educational background. 

On a message board, everyone contributes their ideas, feelings, etc, and a lot of times people post and participate in the board in order to share ideas and their experiences, and not necessarily to get a fatwa or religious ruling on something...  (otherwise they would just go to one of the fatwa websites, right, and save a lot of time and energy)  And a lot of times in order to educate people you have to know their background, their influences, and how they think before you can figure out the best way to approach them and get them to understand the teachings of Islam.  It takes time and discussion sometimes, getting to know people and understand them, it's not just a simple matter of laying down the law and expecting the person to understand, accept and submit automatically... People are more complex than that and that is why dawah is a nuanced thing that takes some gentleness and consideration. 

I'm saying all this because I know abdurrahman that you feel sometimes that the knowledge that you share is not appreciated, so I'm just suggesting that it may be the approach that you should reconsider.  being nice and friendly, understanding a persons feelings and thoughts on an issue and their own experiences and background, etc goes a long way... so 1. realizing that the person or people may not really be looking for a fatwa but just wanting to discuss their personal experience or the nuances of an issue and 2. that there may be more than one answer on an issue or ways of looking at things.

anyway you guys should chill out... remember what month we're in... think about things in context...is it really, in the long run, something to get so upset or offended about... ? 

be happy, have a  bebzi  with your iftar Smiley

salaam,
Abdurahman
Bro

« Reply #10 on: Sep 12, 2008 01:18 AM »

Asalamualaikum wrt wb,

se7en, maybe you misunderstood me.  I feel very happy about the message board and the way all the brothers and sisters treat me here, with the exception of being called insincere Sad  I have learned a lot from others, and I am so happy to read and share knowledge with one another. 

No, am I not interested in a fatwa site, but I do think we need to have a teacher/student relationship in our interactions with each other.  This way knowledge will transfer and increase overall in society.  I am not claiming to be the great teacher, but I think we are all teachers and all students, but in different ways, and the key is letting the knowledge flow properly.  This is the goal of dawah and tabligh, to make knowledge flow, from the Prophet, may peace and Allah's blessings be upon him, to the Sahabah, to the scholars and ulema, to the Callers and Da'ees, to the people, until the Day of Judgment.

Sidi Abu Khaled, I was hoping you would come back one day Smiley  I remember some of your beautiful posts on Aqeedah.  I hope we can benefit more from your knowledge.

Yes, you are right, Inna Saa'imoon.  For that reason, I think I'll take a break until after Ramadan.  Everyone, may Allah bless you and give you much goodness, and may this Ramadan be written in your favor!  Ameen.

Fee aman Allah.

And Allah knows best.

Siham
Sis

Reputation Power: 23
Siham barely matters :(Siham barely matters :(

Tranquil Heart

« Reply #11 on: Sep 12, 2008 03:27 PM »

Salaam ...

I really do not have any problem with all the anonymous posts per se. However, I tend to get confused when referring people to anonymous #1, #2, #3 etc.

P.S. and the fact that I can not delete my own posts  what

W`salaam

"Do not treat people with contempt, nor walk insolently on the earth. Allah does not love the arrogant or the self-conceited boaster. Be modest in your bearing and subdue your voice, for the most unpleasant of voices is the braying of the ass." [The Holy Qur'an, Surah Luqman - 31:18-19]
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #12 on: Sep 12, 2008 05:44 PM »

wsalaam wrt,

jazakamuallahu khairan for your suggestions. i'll keep them in mind.

this discussion is now closed.

ws Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: