// Are any of you familiar with NAIS?
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been. - Mark Twain
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are any of you familiar with NAIS?  (Read 3202 times)
Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« on: Jan 03, 2008 09:42 PM »

Is anyone here familiar with NAIS?
National Animal Identification System?
I, as well as several other breeders and farmers are fighting it.
The government is trying to get us to have a premises ID and ID
every animal and report all movements.
Saying it will help track disease.
Even talking about having to use RFID
chips.
I'll post some links to USDA web sites and anti NAIS sites also
to provide information.
May come a time when you bite into your hamburger and chimp
on a chip. YUK !!!
This they want to do not only for the big time cattle people but even the
home farmers, 4H kids, etc.

Aziza purplehijabisis
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2008 12:54 AM »

hmm so what's wrong with that? why are ppl against it? seems like it would help ALOT when things like mad cow disease, bird flu, or things spread. they probably want to prevent what happens in other countries where things become just pandemic and they have no tracking system or idea how they happened or how to stop it! cow
Faizah
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
Faizah has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2008 12:01 AM »

I'l admit I've no familiarity with NAIS.  However, I question if being able to track movement will in fact enable the tracking in the event of an outbreak of any sort.  Also, if it is being required for everyone is it cost prohibitive or will it have an impact on the cost of beef, etc. as the cost is passed on to the final consumer.  Then there's also the issue of the next step application to people.  Knowing that cellphones can be tracked is frightening enough.

Far too often these so-called good intentions or things for the benefit of the masses make no sense.  I'm still trying to figure out, for example, the necessity of all television waves needing to switch over.  So what if I don't have a crystal clear picture on my screen. 

Fa'izah
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: