// Accepting Islam and Marraige to a Kafir
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent "-- Isaac Asimov
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Accepting Islam and Marraige to a Kafir  (Read 942 times)
Abdurahman
Bro

Reputation Power: 4
Abdurahman has no influence :(

Oh Allah, Guide us to the Straight Path.

« on: Sep 11, 2008 03:41 PM »

Asalamualaikum wrt wb,

All praise be to Allah.

Honorable sister Barr, I wanted to give you a direct answer to your question from the scholars, not from my own opinion.  Anything I have said on this subject before, please ignore it.

I asked Dr. Shaikh Ramadan Buti today:

"A woman in Singapore is asking, if she accepts Islam, what is the hukm (legal status) of her marriage to a non-Muslim?"

He replied, "If she accepts Islam, she should ask him to accept Islam also.  If he does not, then the marriage is void."

I asked:

"How long can she stay with him to give him dawah?"

The Shaykh replied: 

"She cannot stay with him.  The marriage in null immediately, as soon as she accepts Islam.  If he accepts Islam at the same time then the marriage remains valid.  Otherwise, the marriage is void."

I hope this helps clear up any confusion.

And Allah knows best.

Be merciful to those on earth, and the One in the Heavens will be merciful to you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: