Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: The Qur'an guides you to the recognition of your illnesses and to their remedies.Your illness are your sins, and your medicine is seeking Allah's Forgiveness.  - Qatadah
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: difficulty this ramadan  (Read 2602 times)
Anonymous
« on: Sep 12, 2008 03:38 AM »

okay here's my problem.  i'm finding this ramadan to be extremely difficult because my heart has been so heavy and lonely/empty for so long that my heart isn't in the right way for me focus on ramadan as i should or even as i'd like to.  it's as if all the years of disappointment and setback have come flooding back all at once.  everything i had planned to do or have done and in place so i could focus just didn't happen.  i'm just not sure what to do right now; i can't even cry about it and that has never happened to me before.  i don't think it's a matter of waning faith but just sheer fatigue that has gotten the better of me.

i guess i'm not so much looking for answers or advice but rather just needed a place to just put my "troubles" out there.  some du'as for me to get over this slump would be much appreciated.
Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: Sep 12, 2008 10:45 AM »

salaam

I think i understand where you are coming from this year it has also been v tough for me last year i was running to go for tarawih every night insisting that i stay for 20 reading qur'an everyday. This year Sad

please have a biiiiiig hug from me i will pray for you inshaAllah please also make dua for me and my husband. InshaAllah Allah will help us both and guide us to what is right and better for us...

the journey is tough. But they do say that Allah gives the harshest tests to those he loves the most.....
Anonymous
« Reply #2 on: Sep 13, 2008 07:24 PM »

Assalam Ailkum.
I too have been the same as I am recovering from a physical illness, I was advised not to fast by the doctors. My heart is heavy due to personal sadness and dissapointments and I will feel such a fraud to celebrate Eid.
I feel for you. May Allah loghten your load and make life easier .
Salaams
Anonymous
« Reply #3 on: Sep 13, 2008 10:10 PM »

I have also been having an empty Ramadan this year due to personal stress and sadness. My head is all consumed with dealing with personal difficulties. The best I have been able to do is simply to keep my fast, but really, that's been about it.

Inshallah we will do what we are able to do at this moment and things will eventually become better.
Anonymous
« Reply #4 on: Sep 14, 2008 01:56 AM »

the journey is tough. But they do say that Allah gives the harshest tests to those he loves the most.....

I know all too well how tough the journey is; and also know that the harshest tests are given to those Allah loves the most and for that I should be blessed but it hurts so much that I wish that I could be loved just a bit less so that the hurt could ease up.
Anonymous
« Reply #5 on: Sep 15, 2008 08:22 PM »

Salam Anon

If faith was this constant and unchanging high...how lucky we all are.  Unfortunately, we are human and as such are prone to feelings, nafs and thoughts that can affect our iman.  Best that we can do is make constant du'ahs for that is our strongst shield.  Hold your head high and tell yourself Inshallah, if Allah SWT gives you the chance to see another Ramadan, it will be different.  Because you will make it different.

My du'ah for you Inshallah.

Wassalam
Anonymous
« Reply #6 on: Sep 15, 2008 08:51 PM »

" I am laying low"
This was my standard line a couple of months ago. I had just finished a big community project and was so disappointed in the Muslims. That coupled with a bunch of emotional kicks from different people in the stomach and I was just fed up and feeling so low. There is so much I can't resolve and have resolved to myself that this is the way my life is going to be.
So I decided to take a break from everyone except my immediate family. A break from the masjid, the school and the library. Breaks from e-mails of needs and concerns and even of this board. I needle pointed for about 3 weeks straight and finished an embroidery project for my husband. My son came first over all my volunteer projects. I did not answer the phone or mail.
It wasn't until I read your post and knew how I dealt with it that I realized I am back in action. I don't even know what it was that stopped me from saying "I am laying low"

Like you, I assumed my faith was not in jeopardy (We really never know)- I just needed a break- and I took it. Apparently it was just what I needed!

My Ramadan has been very nonspiritual for me- but perhaps not ...as I look at all the stuff I am teaching the kids, crafts and bringing Ramadan alive for them. So maybe you think you are not having a good one... You just might be and are not aware of what wisdom you are gaining or giving.

Fatigue- I am hearing this a lot this Ramadan- I am overcome by it. It must be making us stronger.  My duas are for you and all of us who are struggling.
Anonymous
« Reply #7 on: Sep 16, 2008 12:21 AM »

salam

I hope that you are all able to reap the benefits of Ramadan insha'Allah.  Ramadan is a gift from Allah and with in it is another precious gift which is laylat al-qadr, the night of power.  Try to recharge your spiritual batteries by reading quran with tafakkur (contemplation) and also with taraweeh prayers.    Let your focus and resolve be fasting and praying qiam al-layl.  Make lots of dua for yourself and family , insha'Allah.  Don't worry about other things, you have all year to worry about them.

Nothing comes easy.  We all have to be patient and  try our hardest.  If you have to, then  pull and drag yourself through ibadat, nawafil, quran reading, tahajjud, thikr, dua.  Consider it a physical exercise.  For me I hate working out, but once I force myself for a couple of weeks I feel more energized to continue.  It is the same thing with ibadat. You'll find it easier to achieve few focused goals in Ramadan if you have the right intention insha'Allah. 

May Allah accept our fasting and prayers, ameen.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: