Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dubai?  (Read 1457 times)
Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« on: Sep 13, 2008 10:45 PM »

A sister who I am friends with and I were talking about taking a trip to Dubai in the future.
Inshallah
Has anyone here on the board lived there? Visited there?
I'd love to hear about it and any other recommendations of where to travel and visit.
We were talking about maybe next winter. Thank you to anyone who can advise. purplehijabisis
palipeach81
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
palipeach81 has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Sep 14, 2008 02:25 AM »

salaam,
my family and i went to Dubai late DEC. and early Jan of 2002. The country is soooo beautiful!! Also soo clean. it's like a mini-america. they have everything we have here in the states. going during the winter is perfect, because the temp is nice and cool. maybe low 70s during the day and cooler @ nite. they are a lot of non-arabs who live there. so many Asians/Pakistanis/Indians/Europeans, very diverse.

unfortunately, i cant tell you where to go, i don't remember any names. we had a friend drive us around and take us places. i know though, the hotels usually have pamphlets of places to go/etc.

I hope you guys have a wonderful time! Smiley
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #2 on: Sep 15, 2008 06:27 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

When it comes to opinions, Dubai tends to be very divisive.

Some people love it  Grin

Others hate it.  Angry

What I would suggest is taking the time out and making your own mind up.

Here’s the website of the Dubai Tourism Board.

http://www.dubaitourism.co.ae/

I would, however, recommend a trip down to Abu Dhabi to visit the Shiekh Zayed Masjid which is the fourth biggest in the world. They also do very good tours for non Muslims.

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #3 on: Sep 15, 2008 01:17 PM »

salam

I'm of the I love Dubai brigade.

It's architecture and ventures like the snow dome (an indoor ski complex!) are points of interest for our students. When I'm super duper rich inshallah I'm going to stay at the Burj al Arab because that is also an architectural anomaly half submerged in the sea (is it still, ex brother in law said it wasn't after the Tsunami?).

Go as a tourist it's a mix of the new with all the good and the bad that goes with westernisation and the old and traditional.

The mosques are beautiful (but I find those gorgeous anywhere in the world), and waking to the sound of the adhan resonating outside makes ones heart ache.

A bit of advice, if you go to Dubai go during the winter months July till August is too humid to stand. If you wait till January they have the shopping festival which is fun.

But other than that it's worth seeing.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Sep 18, 2008 04:39 AM »

Thank you for the responses.
My friend and I have talked about it, and it is a hope for the future.
I wanted to dream a little, so I looked at prices and I was like  Shocked Shocked Shocked
1,300 round trip  Sad
I don't see this happening anytime soon, but it's nice to hope and plan.
Must be getting old, cause it seems like things cost way to much now a days. purplehijabisis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: