Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eid party for kids  (Read 11233 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2785

I heart the Madina

« on: Sep 14, 2008 08:29 AM »

Salam,

I want to plan a party for some kids for Eid. Anyone have any ideas for it or game ideas? They'll be aged 5 to 15 years.

hajra
الَسَـــــــلاَمُ عَلَيــْــكُم وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكـَـاتُه
Sis

Reps: 69

« Reply #1 on: Sep 14, 2008 05:45 PM »

ASSALAMUALAIKUM....
check dis one for few ideas:
http://www.islamichomeeducation.co.uk/eid%20party%20games%20Oct%2002.htm

check dis article abt an eid party:
http://www.alnor.no/en_eid_ul_fitr.2007.htm

few more ideas:calligraphy competition,henna too,play pass the parcel game,fav nasheed singing, hand made eid cards which can be exchanged between the children

hope i have helped u abit...
JAZAKALLAH

Narrated AbuHurayrah:
The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) used to say: "O Allah, I seek refuge in Thee from four things: Knowledge which does not profit, a heart which is not submissive, a soul which has an insatiable appetite, and a supplication which is not heard."

LeylaNur
Sis

Reps: 1

Remembrance of Allah is the true source of peace..

« Reply #2 on: Sep 15, 2008 02:44 AM »

There are some Islamic trivia games..

- Mecca to Madina (trivia game) - http://www.muslimgames.com/
- You could print some coloring pages from here for the young kids - http://www.islamicplayground.com/Scripts/default.asp
- Make your own trivia questions
- Muslim charades.. Have the kiddos act out scenes from the Qur'an and have people guess
- Muslim "Pictionary".. Have kids draw something from Qur'an or hadith and then have people guess what it is

Other than that, there are some 'universal' games all kids tend to like..

- Twister (probably good to be gender separated as this is a fairly physical game)
- Bingo (this is pretty universal from the age of anyone who is really familiar with numbers or pictures or whatever on through adults)
- Memory is also pretty good.. You could make your own memory cards with masjid pictures, etc.

I try to remember to count my blessings each day because I have many:

To be thankful for my health, and that of my loved ones, the presence of my husband and the continuation of our marriage, that we can pay our bills and have food on the table..

So many blessings but often, so little thanks!

Anonymous
Bro

Reps: 224

ANONYMOUS Post

« Reply #3 on: Aug 24, 2009 06:52 PM »

salam alakum,
i am canadian muslim convert/revert 7 yrs humdeAllah i married syrian canadian muslim, so eid is very intersting for me to explore and play with especailly since we have onr year old girl humdeAllah.  i read your asking about games.  i have a book (childrens book) its about eid and  they play games one is they wrap a quran many times and pass around a circle of people each person unwraps one layer last one who unwraps the quran keeps it (the quran is a surprise of course). another is little bags of money hidden around the house for the kids to find. or maybe a box of different random gifts wraped up. i would like to try lots of lil boxes all same size with little things in them like: money, toys, hijab clips, pieces of paper with quran or sunna on them. gift certifacates. keychains, prayer beads, stickers, little things that don't cost much but everyone can have something. like a fortune cookie favour idea kind of thing. another game is quran and sunna trivia could copy your own.
hope i gave some good ideas inshAllah have a great eid Cheesy

This post submitted using the ANONYMOUS button on the main Madina menu. Please reply here publicly so that the original poster can read any replies.

Misriyah92
Sis

« Reply #4 on: Aug 26, 2009 12:12 AM »

When we offcially moved to the U.S., I went to an arabic weekend school and we celebrated Eid!

-At the beginning of ramadan or two weeks before Eid, each of us would be given a Surah, or Ayat to memorize   and then on the day of the party we would recite them and receive prizes. (Prizes where personal for each kid, example a kid that loves to draw got colors and art stuff, a girly girl got hair clips).

-Another we would sit in a circle and the host would be in the middle with a list of easy questions, and we would take turns to answer and pick prizes out of a bag and if we wanted to switch a prize we had to answer another question correct.

-We had a pinnate and you get to hit after answering a question correctly.

-We also had this thing where we would act out a good deed of a muslim would do.
& get prizes or money.

We benefited from the games and had fun!

m.hussein.

Eleanor
Sis

Reps: 81

« Reply #5 on: Aug 24, 2011 10:14 PM »

Assalamu alaikum,

I'm thinking of having an eid party at home for my kids next week and they can invite their little Muslim friends who are sadly few enough. I was wondering would an Eid party be like a birthday party, ie with all the treats and games, just without the birthday aspect? I was thinking of having little prizes for anyone who can say the kalima or al-fateha, that kind of thing? Then I'd have little party bags, I got some nice badges with "Eid Mubarak!" online and would put in some halal sweeties.

Does anyone hold Eid parties for kids or am I off my rocker? My husband says to go for it, though it's not something his culture would do. He recognises however that we're in a different situation here and we need to big it up for the kids as not everyone does it.

Ideas Huh?

Wasalaam
Eleanor.

Fozia
Sis

Reps: 1248

« Reply #6 on: Aug 24, 2011 10:43 PM »

salam

Oooooh we have Eid parties, mad rowdy Eid parties,  bouncygrins We have have nasheed chairs, and nasheed statues, and pass the parcel where there is a little gift in each wrapping so every child is a winner (parcel is passed to nasheeds of course), one year I did face painting for the kids (good job the kids weren't terribly particular).

I do cupcakes, and we do finger foods, halal chicken nuggets and chips and juice, or whatever you want.

You could make your own pinata and fill it with little toys and sweets (we've done that).

I am sooo looking forward to Eid woohoo loveshower

We used to invite all our friends Muslim and non Muslim friends just so everyone can be swept away in the joy of Eid  bouncygrins woohoo

I'm considering taking in sweets or cakes to work to celebrate Eid too.....I've been a irritable cantakerous moo today from lack of sleep, my work colleagues deserve a treat for not throwing me out of the window!

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186

jamicam
Sis

« Reply #7 on: Aug 24, 2011 10:54 PM »

An eid party is a GREAT idea! You could make some homemade eid decorations, too. What fun!

Eleanor
Sis

Reps: 81

« Reply #8 on: Aug 24, 2011 11:09 PM »

Wow, great ideas there, thanks! I like the idea of the pinata (had been thinking of that too) and I have all the party games down pat, so we're good there. Eid decorations - yes! Must do this! (Getting all excited now)

Durafshan
Sis

« Reply #9 on: Aug 25, 2011 03:29 AM »

Make Brownies the kids will love it but make sure you take them for outdoor activities or else your house will be a big mess Smiley as theyll be full of beans! Brings movies which the teens will enjoy.. you can also buy bubbles for the 5- 12 year olds they'll have fun poping them.  Cheesy Wink Read them some islamic jokes you can find them on the net!
Durafshan
ws

Fozia
Sis

Reps: 1248

« Reply #10 on: Aug 25, 2011 03:46 AM »

salam

Get Eid balloons;

http://www.simplyislam.com/iteminfo.asp?item=60537#

Or make your own, I'm going to see if we can find some here to decorate my mums house with  Smiley, yeay really looking forward to Eid.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: