Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "You leave the best of worship: humility." - A'isha (May Allah be pleased with her)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jewish Morality Squads  (Read 907 times)
cheese
« on: Sep 15, 2008 11:58 AM »

Jewish Morality Squads

IslamOnline.net & News Agencies

The Jewish "modesty squads" have become increasingly violent in Jerusalem recently. (Google)

OCCUUPIED JERUSALEM — Wearing black coats and wide-brimmed hats, Israel's ultra-orthodox vigilantes roam the streets, harass women dressed in "immoral" clothing and attack music shops.

"I don't know why I was treated this way. What has my life got to do with those guys," M., who just two weeks ago became the latest victim of the Jewish morality squads, told Agence France Presse (AFP) on Monday, September 15.

The 28-year-old woman, who refused to tell her name for fear of reprisal, was brutally gagged and beaten at the hands of two members of a Jewish modesty patrol.

"They beat me up, tied me up and threatened to kill me," M. said, holding back her tears.

They threatened to kill her if she did not move out of the ultra-Orthodox Maalot Dafna neighborhood of Jerusalem.

Shaking as she recalled the beating, M. says she will move out because she fears for her life.

"Who will prevent them from killing me?"

M. is not the only victim of the Jewish self-styled modesty squads.

In June, a 14-year-old resident of Mea Sharim neighborhood was taken to hospital with burns after an attacker hurled acid at her.

Israeli media said that at the time of the attack the girl had been wearing loose-fitting trousers and a short-sleeved shirt, enough to provoke the ire of modesty patrols.

Ultra-Orthodox Jews, also known as Haredim, follow strict interpretations of Jewish religious laws.

Their life revolves around a strict dress code that has men sporting black coats, hats and long beards and women covering their heads, arms and legs.

Haredim Jews, who make up 8 to 10 percent of Israel's population, have been active in Israel for the past decade.

Terrorizing

The Jewish morality squads have become increasingly visible in Jerusalem recently.

"For some weeks we've been seeing excesses," asserted Meny Schwartz, who heads the religious Kol Haredi radio station.

In the neighborhoods dominated by the Haredim, streets are sealed off for the Jewish day of rest and satellite dishes are considered a sign of heresy.

The ultra-Orthodox Jews have also led violent protests against swimming pools, cinemas and other establishments they consider immoral.

Failing to segregate the sexes is also unacceptable according to the Haredi rules.

They operate scores of gender-segregated bus routes whose buses move the ultra-Orthodox between Jerusalem neighborhoods.

In 2006, a 50-year-old American tourist on holiday was attacked because she refused to go to the back of a bus along with other women.

Police have recently detained a man accused of torching a store for selling what some residents considered "immoral" clothing.

David, a salesman at a store that sells MP4 players, says they have been targeted by the morality squads who have picketed outside the shop for weeks.

"They burned down our stocks," he said, declining to give his family name for fear of being singled out for attack.

"[They] are spreading terror in the neighborhood. Nothing will stop them."

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

LeylaNur
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
LeylaNur has no influence :(

Remembrance of Allah is the true source of peace..

« Reply #1 on: Sep 15, 2008 09:59 PM »

No one in the Western world ever hears THIS kind of thing..

They think Muslims have a monopoly on rigid interpretation and enforcement of ultra-orthodox beliefs.  Roll Eyes

I wish they would pair this article with every article about Islamic religious police.

That being said, ACID and telling a woman you're going to KILL her are a lot more extreme than the general Islamic police yelling at you or maybe hitting you in the bum with a stick.

ACID.. I can't believe that.. ACID.. These dudes really have to get a grip!  Angry When I hear that I wish I could take their furry hats and grab them by their curls and dip THEIR faces in acid. Who made THEM the judge, SERIOUSLY!

Strict literal interpretations of Biblical Judaism (I don't know the word for "having to do with Torah".. "Toranic"? "Torahnical?") are FAR more violent and extreme than even the most fundamentalist interpretation of Islam. A LOT more killing and smiting and smoting and all that icky stuff.  Undecided

I try to remember to count my blessings each day because I have many:

To be thankful for my health, and that of my loved ones, the presence of my husband and the continuation of our marriage, that we can pay our bills and have food on the table..

So many blessings but often, so little thanks!
cheese
« Reply #2 on: Sep 15, 2008 11:25 PM »

To print something like that in the UK would be a crime. That is because Judaism and Sikhism are protected as races not religions.
I know one incident where a Jew insulted a Muslim and the Muslim repeated the same insult to the Jew and the Muslim was arrested and prosecuted while nothing happened to the Jew.
Even if it wasn’t illegal to report that, near enough all the press is owned by Jews. There is no way they would print something like that about their own or about Israel.

Secondly that has nothing to do with the Torah or interpreting it. Jews don’t follow the Torah, they follow another book called the Talmud, and they follow their Rabbis.
The Torah is only used for singing during Prayer. It is actually considered heretical to follow the Torah. Jews who follow it aren’t considered Jews by Israeli law, so if Torah Jews want to come to Israel they have to go through a conversion process just as Non-Jew would.
Just encase you don’t know this already, the Talmud is a compilation of sayings of Rabbis over many hundreds of years, it is made up of countless volumes and books.
The closes thing to this we have in Islam would be books of Fiqh. Except that Jews would follow the Talmud even when it clearly contradicts the Torah, because the Talmud says “If a Rabbi debates with God, the Rabbi will win and God will acknowledge that the Rabbi has wan”

Be thankful that Allah gave us Islam, if you study other religions, you will see why!

Anyway when I read that article I really laughed. I am happy with it. The more they attack each other, the less time they have to attack us. And they are attacking us. What they do to us is a lot worse than what they do to each other. And it is both secular and religious who are attacking us. So I know the women who were attacked by religious Jews have themselves attacked Muslims (except for the 14 year old, conscription is 18). I call it chickens coming home to roast.

LeylaNur
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
LeylaNur has no influence :(

Remembrance of Allah is the true source of peace..

« Reply #3 on: Sep 15, 2008 11:31 PM »

“If a Rabbi debates with God, the Rabbi will win and God will acknowledge that the Rabbi has won”

Shocked  astaghfirullah  oldshaykh

If they think that is true, why bother to even worship God? Why don't they just look in the mirror and bow to themselves?

Thankfully, I don't think all Jews are like this.. I also don't think Zionists are Jews, in my personal opinion.  Roll Eyes

I try to remember to count my blessings each day because I have many:

To be thankful for my health, and that of my loved ones, the presence of my husband and the continuation of our marriage, that we can pay our bills and have food on the table..

So many blessings but often, so little thanks!
cheese
« Reply #4 on: Sep 16, 2008 12:42 AM »

You are right Zionists aren’t Jews, Most Zionists who call themselves Jews admit to not believing in God. This includes Theodor Herzl the founder of Zionism.
They call themselves Jews in a racial sense. And that goes for the majority of so called Jews in Israel.
The people doing the attack are religious Jews who believe in the Talmud and all it contains together with all its readings including the hidden reading. But all but a tiny fraction aren’t Zionist! They are in Israel for the monetary benefits, they don’t believe in Israel, don’t fight in its army and even refuse to pay taxes to Israel. The Israeli government are happy with them being in Israel, because their presents help Israel lie about having a Jewish majority and pretend to be a democracy.
So who do we side with?

The people who believe in the sick teachings of the Talmud and do the above but don’t join the Israeli army to kill us.

Or people who don’t believe in the Talmud, have liberal western views but join the Israeli army and kill us.

I say, I’m not taking sides, I hate them both and I’m happy with them killing each other.
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I pray for more of this because I pray that Allah unifies the believers and makes us love each other as well as disunifies our enemies and makes them hate each other.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: