Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Battle of Badr - 17th Ramadhan  (Read 844 times)
BrKhalid
Bro

Reps: 273

« on: Sep 17, 2008 05:26 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

Amazing to think we would not be Muslims today if the small band of Believers who fought on this day had lost.

The Prophet now drew up his army, and he passed in front of each man to give them good heart and to straighten the ranks, bearing an arrow in his hand. "Stand in line, O Sawad", he said to one of the Helpers who was too far forward, and he gave him a slight prick in the belly with his arrow. " O Messenger of God, thou hast hurt me," said Sawad, "and God hath sent thee with truth and justice, so give me my requital." "Take it," said the Prophet, laying bare his own belly and handing him the arrow whereupon Sawad stooped and imprinted a kiss where it was his due to place a point of the shaft. "What made thee do this?" said the Prophet. And he answered: " O Messenger of God, we are now faced with what thou seest; and I desire that at my last moment with thee-if so it be- my skin should touch thy skin;" and the Prophet prayed for him and blessed him.

Quraysh had now begun to advance. Seen across the undulating dunes, the Meccan army appeared to be much smaller than it was. But the Prophet was fully aware of their true numbers and of the great disparity between the two hosts, and he now returned to the shelter with Abu Bakr and prayed for the help which God had promised him.

More at http://www.jannah.org/ramadan/2.html

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]

jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2778

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Sep 17, 2008 08:02 AM »

wsalam,

jazaks for the reminder.

i always love rasulullah saw's dua that day:

O Allah (SWT), here are the Quraysh who in their vainglory seek to deny and cry lies against Your Messenger.  O Allah (SWT), support us with the help You promised me. O Allah (SWT), were this small group of Muslims to perish, no one in the whole world would remain to worship You.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: