Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Apr 24, 2014 12:34 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: O rishta, rishta, wherefore art thou my rishta.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sisters in Boston  (Read 1653 times)
Wafa
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
Wafa has no influence :(

*Just dream it*

« on: Sep 17, 2008 06:11 AM »

salaam

I have just recently got married and moved to Boston, MA from Canada. I was wondering if there are any sisters from the forum that live here in Boston.

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, “I used everything you gave me."
LeylaNur
Sis

LeylaNur has no influence :(

Remembrance of Allah is the true source of peace..

« Reply #1 on: Sep 17, 2008 11:17 PM »

walaikumsalaam  flowersis,

We were going to move to Boston in October, but we have since extended our lease until mid-November, around which point we will decide to move (or not)..

We currently reside in the Philadelphia area..

inshaallah you will find some local sisters.. I've heard there's actually quite a large Muslim presence in Boston. I was researching masjids, Islamic centers, etc. and they seem to have a great many offerings.

If you need any assistance, let me know and I will do my best to pass along any info. I've come up with.

In the meantime, tell us a bit about yourself?

I try to remember to count my blessings each day because I have many:

To be thankful for my health, and that of my loved ones, the presence of my husband and the continuation of our marriage, that we can pay our bills and have food on the table..

So many blessings but often, so little thanks!
Wafa
Sis

Wafa has no influence :(

*Just dream it*

« Reply #2 on: Sep 21, 2008 09:42 AM »

salaam

Well there's not much to tell actually, I was on the old madinah forum, and used to post more often. But since moving to the new madinah, I've been busy and haven't been around much. I still like to stop by once in a while though...

I got married this summer,  alhamdulillah The move to Boston was a big deal to me, because I lived in Canada my whole life.

You are right though, there seems to be a large Muslim community here. They've recently finished building a huge new masjid, with a new school and everything.

inshaallah I'll meet sisters here soon, I guess I'm just homesick, because the Muslim community in my hometown is close. Sad

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, “I used everything you gave me."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: