Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mountain Da`wah  (Read 1027 times)
Mohamed
Bro

Reps: 22

« on: Sep 19, 2008 12:03 PM »

Salaam alikoum

What is amazing in my journey Around The World ( virtual  Grin ) most of time i meet strange things to a point i will call them Miracles!

Last friday, my australian friend told me that  their daughter climbed Mt Fuji  I said in my self " If only muslims do that too for Allah and i wished i gave her a message of peace  to put there on the pick "

Today, one week later i read that
" The journey may take them to places as high as 3000 meters above sea level.

They talk to villagers about Islam and its teachings." http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?c=Article_C&cid=1221720128944&pagename=Zone-English-News%2FNWELayout

Alhamduliallah we did it ...

jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2781

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Sep 20, 2008 07:20 AM »

wsalam,

are you the najm-aldeen mohamed of the story?

this is wonderful ma'shallah. may Allah help them to continue their good works!!  madinaflag

Every Ramadan, the group's members take off to the rugged Gwoza mountain to reach out to its communities, many of whom still worship idols.

The journey may take them to places as high as 3000 meters above sea level.

They talk to villagers about Islam and its teachings.

In some cases, one person embraces Islam and shortly thereafter his whole family follows.

As they take off to the mountains, they carry with them medicines and much-needed aid to the mountain villagers, who live in primitive conditions isolated from the world.

"We never differentiate between people based on their beliefs," says Dr. Mousa, who accompanies the convoys.

"Our aim is not only to spread Islam, but to help human beings regardless of their faith."

Gushawi, a founder of the mountain da`wah convoys, regrets the lack of financial resources.

He laments that this has brought down the number of such journeys over recent years.

"Muslim volunteers pay for the humanitarian aid from their own pockets," says Dr. Mousa.

"It's very hard to find donors willing to help our cause since our efforts are not publicized."

But despite the adverse conditions, the convoys have achieved many successes in helping the mountain community.

Gwoza new Muslims recently rejoiced having a new grain mill, donated by the da`wah volunteers to help their families make a living.

However, the greatest success is bringing more people to Islam fold.

"Scores of the mountain people accepted Islam thanks to these journeys," says Gushawi.

"For example, the village of Guaa had only three Muslim homes when we started the da`wah convoys. Today, Guaa is home to 300 Muslim families."

Mohamed
Bro

Reps: 22

« Reply #2 on: Sep 20, 2008 08:46 AM »

wish i was him  oldshaykh

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: