// POLL: What do you think of the new Quran feature?
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: After twelve years of therapy my psychiatrist said something that brought tears to my eyes. He said, "No hablo ingles."
Poll
Question: What do you think of the new Quran feature?
Love it. - 6 (50%)
It's nice but... - 0 (0%)
I don't know how to use it. - 0 (0%)
It's a bid'ah! - 0 (0%)
Young whippersnappers & their technology! - 0 (0%)
I could have made a better one. - 0 (0%)
Wish you could make more, like hadith! - 1 (8.3%)
I don't have flash. - 0 (0%)
I like to stick to real books. - 3 (25%)
I'm just hungry for iftar! - 1 (8.3%)
I'm eating suhoor right now Smiley - 1 (8.3%)
Total Voters: 12

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: POLL: What do you think of the new Quran feature?  (Read 4836 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Sep 09, 2008 05:06 AM »

So what do you guys think?  Please try it out and let me know inshaAllah. I can also give the feedback to the author.

ws bouncygrins
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #1 on: Sep 09, 2008 06:09 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

Oh very nice.

Different type of books feature is excellent.

Do people read Qur'an from their desktops/laptops? Can't say I ever have but maybe the younger whippersnappers (note proper spelling  Wink) will.

Overall a thumbs up though  bro

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Sep 09, 2008 06:23 AM »

Do people read Qur'an from their desktops/laptops? Can't say I ever have but maybe the younger whippersnappers (note proper spelling  Wink) will.

lol.. spelling changed!!

I have a lot. Especially at our Mosque which has wireless internet!! mA it's just so easy to go online and read and bring up exactly what you want while you listen to it online too.

I voted for the suhoor option Wink
a_desert_rose
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
a_desert_rose has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Sep 09, 2008 12:52 PM »

It's a lovely idea but....it takes way too long  and way too much effort to turn the pages! (Okay, maybe I'm just lazy)

Brilliant for those who can get the hang of it...I'll stick to the real books Smiley

Wassalam
um aboodi
Sis

Reputation Power: 26
um aboodi barely matters :(um aboodi barely matters :(

« Reply #4 on: Sep 09, 2008 04:55 PM »

salam

looks impressive. 

it takes way too long  and way too much effort to turn the pages! (Okay, maybe I'm just lazy)

turning pages also works using the arrow pad :  <--- is forward,  ----> is back

wassalam
se7en
Sis

Reputation Power: 11
se7en has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: Sep 13, 2008 06:37 AM »

salaam, 

wow that is nice mashaAllah! quick q: how do u close the app window once ur finished without closing the madina window  Huh?
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #6 on: Sep 13, 2008 06:39 AM »

salaam, 

wow that is nice mashaAllah! quick q: how do u close the app window once ur finished without closing the madina window  Huh?

I think you just click on back.
BrKhalid
Bro

« Reply #7 on: Oct 30, 2008 08:22 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

What happened to this? Did we lose it?

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #8 on: Oct 30, 2008 08:46 PM »

ws,

weirddddddddddd... i think i upgraded a few things and it disappeared... will have to take a look at it inshaAllah. the bro was also making one with audio so i'll check that out as well inshallah.

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #9 on: Nov 10, 2008 06:45 AM »

Assalaam alaikum,

Ok just fixed it, I think I used an older template when I added the ads. So now everything is all set. When you login you will see two new options on the menu:

QURANFLASH

and

LISTEN2QURAN

Quranflash
is the Quran in flash format. It's like an online version of an Arabic/EnglishTrans Quran. You can flip pages, move around, read some tafsir and some other books

Listen2Quran
is a side by side layout of the Quran in Arabic and in Englsh along with audio recitation from various reciters like Ghamdi, Sudais/Shuraim, Ajami, Huzaifi, etc. There's also options of having the english translation audio read to you or urdu too and some other languages. I think sr. Kathy was just asking about that a few weeks ago.

So there you go!!! Login and enjoy inshaAllah  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss
BrKhalid
Bro

« Reply #10 on: Nov 10, 2008 08:13 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

I have to say I'm starting to get the hang of this reading online scenario.

Nice to see this back up.  bro

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: