// Islamabad Mariott in flames
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: “Don't be in a hurry to condemn because he doesn't do what you do or think as you think or as fast. There was a time when you didn't know what you know today.” Malcolm X quote
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Islamabad Mariott in flames  (Read 1163 times)
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« on: Sep 20, 2008 06:11 PM »

Such an incredibly sad event.  It was totally one of the centerpoints of the city.  We just had iftaar there a few days ago (I'm visiting), and I'm shocked at what occurred today Sad
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Sep 20, 2008 06:39 PM »

salaam

so sad, am so glad you were not their today.  I dont understand,..why kill innocent people . nowhere does it say that you can do that, infact it so clear that you are not allowed to kill innocent people that there is no misinterpretation nothing on that part.. doesnt make sense
its intersting when I was in elementary school nobody would know what 'pakistan' is . they never heard of that country.. they only heard of India or mexico ect.. now pakistan is constantly on the news....

an article:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26803768
Abdurahman
Bro

Reputation Power: 4
Abdurahman has no influence :(

Oh Allah, Guide us to the Straight Path.

« Reply #2 on: Sep 20, 2008 09:20 PM »

Asalamualaikum wrt wb,

I hope you are all having a nice Ramadan.  Please forgive me for anything.  I am just a humble servant of God.  I am sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings.  You are all my brothers and sisters in Islam and I hope you consider me your brother in Islam.  May Allah accept from these last ten days of our Ramadan.  Just thought I would share this before I run back to my studies.

Take care everyone.

Question: Is it permissible in jihad to attack civilian targets?

Answered by Sheikh Salman al-Oadah

On the basis of principle, Islam prohibits targeting innocent people such as women, children, and others like them even when there is actually a war being waged between the Muslims and the disbelievers. Disbelief, in and of itself, is not a justification to kill someone.

Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) and the Rightly Guided Caliphs who came after him stressed the need to protect the weak and the noncombatants and were very considerate of them.

Ibn `Umar said: “I saw the body of a slain woman during one of the battles of the Prophet (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), so he forbade the killing of women and children.” [Sahîh al-Bûkhârî and Sahîh Muslim]

Abû Dâwûd relates from Rabâh b. Rabî` with an authentic chain of narrators that he said: “We were with Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) during a battle and we saw people gathered together. He dispatched a man to find out why they were gathered. The man returned and said: ‘They are gathered around a slain woman.’ So Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) said: ‘She should not have been attacked!’ Khâlid b. al-Walîd was leading the forces, so he dispatched a man to him saying: ‘Tell Khâlid not to kill women or laborers’.”

In another narration from Ibn Mâjah, it is related that Allah’s Messenger (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Tell him not kill children or laborers.”

Laborers are not to be attacked deliberately, even if they are present during the battle, as long as their activities are not directly connected with the fighting. Workers who are not present at the battlefield are definitely not to be treated with aggression, regardless of the fact that they are in the enemy country. Abû Dâwûd relates from Anas b. Mâlik that Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) would say the following words to his troops before sending them to war: “Go forward in the name of Allah. Do not kill an elderly person, nor a small child, nor a woman, and do not exceed the bounds.”

In the Muwatta’, it is related from Yahyâ b. Sa`îd that Abû Bakr sent an army to Syria and went out to give them words of encouragement. He walked alongside Yazîd b. Abî Sufyân, then said: “You are going to find a group of people who have devoted themselves to the worship of Allah (i.e. monks), so leave them to what they are doing.”

It might be appropriate to make mention of the proposal that the angel of the mountains made to Allah’s Messenger (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) that he would bring the two mountains down upon the inhabitants of Mecca. Allah’s Messenger (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “No, I hope that Allah will make some of their descendants worship Him alone.” He said this in spite of the fact their destruction would have been of a divine nature and he and the believers with him would not have had to lift a finger against them.

Those people and these today are to be called to Islam. They are the ones to bring the message to. Failure to fulfill this duty properly at one time or another does not mean that it always has to be this way, because there is an Islamic effort that offers the promise that this will take place.

Moreover, public places like airplanes and markets are open territory where both Muslims and Non-Muslims meet. It is also a place where adults and children, men and women are to be found. These places are never to be turned into targets, even during times of war.

Be merciful to those on earth, and the One in the Heavens will be merciful to you.
Rehmat
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
Rehmat is not to be trusted!

« Reply #3 on: Sep 24, 2008 12:56 PM »

The terrorist behind the destruction was CIA and the hotel is owned by Zionist Jews. Read details on my blog:

http://rehmat1.wordpress.com/2008/09/21/pakistan-stabbed-by-the-us/
lala marcy
Sis

Reputation Power: 14
lala marcy has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Sep 24, 2008 01:59 PM »

salaam,

This is just plain sad. I dont care who is responsible..I Just care about the people and the hardships they have to go through now. Bombs dont solve problems. History has shown that they just breed more hate and violence. This is getting 'old'. When are people going to learn..

My duas are with those who are suffering because of this.

Peace and love.

cheese
« Reply #5 on: Sep 24, 2008 07:53 PM »

Two US marines killed in Islamabad explosion
Tuesday, 23 September 2008 09:52
E-mail Print PDF

The News

ISLAMABAD: The US Department of Defence at Pentagon has confirmed the death of its two marines in Hotel Marriott blast in Islamabad. According to GEO News, the Pentagon said on Sunday its two marines succumbed to injuries in the blast. The soldiers were deployed in the US embassy in Islamabad, it said. Pentagon said the names of the US marines could not be revealed prior to informing families of the victims.

--------------------------
They have admitted two, how many more have they covered up?
tq
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
tq has no influence :(

« Reply #6 on: Oct 01, 2008 07:04 PM »

Assalamo elikuim

from  http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20081001/wl_csm/opakviews

Terrorist attacks in Pakistan stir anger at U.S.
By Issam Ahmed
Wed Oct 1, 4:00 AM ET

Lahore, Pakistan - For Jamil Asghar, owner of the Bata Shoe Store in Saddar Market, preparations for this year's Eid-al-Fitr celebrations are being marred by an ever-present sense of danger.

"Look around you," he says, surveying the crowded middle-class bazaar. "If a bomb went off here, where these innocent people are standing, can you imagine how bad it would be?"

Though unequivocal in his view that terrorists are kaffirs (unbelievers), Asghar also has no doubt where the root cause of the recent increase in suicide bombings and other deadly attacks lies: the United States and its military incursions into Pakistan's tribal zones.

In living rooms, tea shops, and TV studios, a debate is raging in the wake of last week's Islamabad Marriott Hotel bombing between those who see terrorist acts in Pakistan's towns and cities as "reactive measures" for cross-border strikes by the US into Pakistan's tribal areas and those who believe militants must be strongly condemned for their actions.

"The killing of innocents is forbidden in Islam. Both the Taliban and the Americans are guilty of wrongdoing," says Raza Shahzad, an engineering master's student at Punjab University. But, he adds, "If my home and family was obliterated by a US strike, it might also drive me to take up arms. You can understand it."

This sort of nuanced view is being heard more and more frequently from Pakistanis, illustrating the growing anger here at the Americans for strikes within their borders and also undercutting ill-feeling toward militants even after devastating bomb attacks.

A worldwide survey released by the BBC on Sunday found that Pakistan was among two nations out of 23 – the other being Egypt – where "mixed" or "positive" feelings toward Al Qaeda (22 percent and 19 percent, respectively) outweighed negative feelings (19 percent).

According to polling conducted by the US-funded International Republican Institute in January, 89 percent of Pakistanis did not support the US-led war on terror and that figure dropped marginally to 71 percent in June.

Over the past few months members of the secular upper-middle class (including middle-aged women with Gucci bags and manicured nails) have taken to protesting alongside bearded conservatives outside the US Consulate in Lahore over issues ranging from the US support of former President Pervez Musharraf to the alleged ill-treatment of Afia Siddiqui, the American-educated Pakistani woman detained by the US for alleged links to Al Qaeda, further illustrating how anti-Americanism cannot be tied down to specific demographics or political leanings.

In June, Harvard student Samad Khurram made national news after refusing an academic award by US Ambassador Anne Patterson in Islamabad, citing his disapproval for the killing of innocent Pakistanis in US airstrikes.

Badar Alam, a senior editor with Herald magazine, a leading news monthly, explains: "The general sense of Muslims being under a perennial US or Western invasion is one very basic reason people have these anti-US feelings."

Referring to the ongoing US raids that have claimed hundreds of lives in the past year, and caused the mass migration of up to 300,000 Pashtuns into neighboring Afghanistan in recent weeks, Mr. Alam says: "The mess we have in our own backyard only aggravates those feelings. Many people would have given the US the benefit of the doubt before the invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq."

This tension extends beyond just the Pakistani public and is adding to the increasing assertiveness of political and military leaders.

Last Friday, Pakistani ground troops opened fire at US helicopters, prompting American forces to fire back in the Bajaur region – the first such incident acknowledged by US authorities.

At that time, government spokesman Akram Shaheedi urged US forces "not to violate [the] territorial sovereignty of Pakistan as it is counterproductive to the war on terror" – a message reinforced by Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari in Washington Sunday.

But on Monday, however, Defense Secretary Robert Gates told a Senate panel hearing that international laws allow the US to take unilateral actions inside Pakistan, signaling that the country can expect more such incursions.

But Rasul Baksh Raees, head of Social Sciences at the Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS), believes that the Marriott attack marks a turning point in the battle for hearts and minds in the battle against the Islamist militancy. "The apologists for terror have been forced on the defensive as the public saw these victims as ordinary people. I saw my own students at LUMS protesting against the United States strikes and a few days later they mourned the deaths at the Marriott, while condemning the Taliban," he says.

Still, the Marriott bombing hardened some Pakistanis against more US intervention.

Halima Mansoor, a visual arts student at Beaconhouse National University, says, "In the aftermath of the Marriott blasts, it's abundantly clear that an ongoing US presence in the country is bad for us."

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: