Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Apr 18, 2014 05:03 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: All the world's a kabob truck.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is up with women's styles in Iran?  (Read 2046 times)
LeylaNur
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
LeylaNur has no influence :(

Remembrance of Allah is the true source of peace..

« on: Sep 21, 2008 05:08 PM »

For real.. What is up with the interesting new "looks" starting to become popular in Iran and Egypt? Check out this fine example, below:

The girl on the right doesn't bother me. The scarf is a little weird, but hey, there's no compulsion, right? However, the girl on the LEFT..  Shocked WHAT is going on there?!? Her outfit is so tight you can see the underwires in her push-up bra! Why, oh why would she go out like that with a scarf on?

I have NO problem whatsoever with women snazzing up their halal wardrobe. Honestly, I'm all for it.. Our Indonesian, African and Turkish sisters pull it off beautifully!

It's just that in some places, you have two extremes.. The hard-core look with the black abayas and gloves and niqab, or at least depressingly olive colored khimars.. Then you have the other end of the spectrum where the clothes are so tight it looks like sausage casing or body paint.

I don't get it..  Roll Eyes

I try to remember to count my blessings each day because I have many:

To be thankful for my health, and that of my loved ones, the presence of my husband and the continuation of our marriage, that we can pay our bills and have food on the table..

So many blessings but often, so little thanks!
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Sep 21, 2008 06:56 PM »

salaam

maybe they are not wearing scarf for relgious reasons, but just for 'fashion'
Muslimah
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
Muslimah has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Sep 22, 2008 10:14 PM »

Asslamo AlaukumI agree with sister blackrose, this isn't religious, it's just a fashion statement, but then again I've seen girls walking around like that and they not turkish or iranian but that is how they have always wore it. 
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #3 on: Sep 23, 2008 04:24 AM »

salam

If ever you're in Iran and see sisters dressed like the above, smile at them and say salaam.

It's a baby steps thing you know, hijaab, not everyone can rush in with the full covering hijaab abaya niqaab thing. It's not so easy.

Altho do agree it does seem more a fashion thaing, than a religious dress thing.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
umm ibraheem
Sis

Reputation Power: 5
umm ibraheem has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Sep 23, 2008 05:23 AM »

Isn't hijab in Iran mandatory by law? Of course everyone doesn't want to wear so I think this would be there way of wearing it, but not.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: