Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Apr 20, 2014 11:49 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Alas, poor imam.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Taking Off My Hijab  (Read 16307 times)
tahirah
Sis

Reputation Power: 19
tahirah has no influence :(

« Reply #25 on: Jul 02, 2011 01:43 AM »

Salaam!

When you decide to wear hijab, there will be some things that you give up. You also have to deal with your own emotions, the perceptions and reactions of other people, and other difficult situations. If you start wearing it for other people (what they expect or might/might not say), then it will be a very hard situation to deal with. If you are wearing it because you believe it will be pleasing to Allah, and because you want to please Allah, then those things wont matter as much because you have the strength to overcome those obstacles.

With that being said, maybe you could go into fashion right now - design some modest, hijabi clothes, buy some fabric and find a tailor that can bring your clothes to life  Wink 

And if you really miss dressing up, you could ask your mom if you could invite some of your real [like sis Jannah mentioned] female friends over for a party and you can dress up all you want

moderatesufi
« Reply #26 on: Jul 02, 2011 08:27 AM »

Best just to ignore her. Just a deviant, and I don't think her deviancy is limited to her belief or lack of it in regards to Hijab. Her respect for the Sin of Sodomy makes that absolutely clear.
Is she a Quran alone type?
Most of that lot who say Hijab just means modest dress are, because there are hadith that define it, so they have to deny them to call their semi-nakedness modest dress.
Quran alone types are also pro homosexual, and often carry out homosexual marriages.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #27 on: Jul 02, 2011 05:01 PM »

Where on earth did you get all this?? This girl said nothing about homosexuality, quran only or anything like that??? She's just a young girl having difficulties wearing Hijab. Are you talking about the video in the first post???

Seriously bruv you need to chill out. Just because a sister doesn't wear hijab doesn't mean she's quran only or pro-homosexual!!! Your accusations just drive people away from Islam instead of helping them get closer Sad

Best just to ignore her. Just a deviant, and I don't think her deviancy is limited to her belief or lack of it in regards to Hijab. Her respect for the Sin of Sodomy makes that absolutely clear.
Is she a Quran alone type?
Most of that lot who say Hijab just means modest dress are, because there are hadith that define it, so they have to deny them to call their semi-nakedness modest dress.
Quran alone types are also pro homosexual, and often carry out homosexual marriages.

Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #28 on: Jul 04, 2011 03:06 PM »

salam

I think that's his agenda precisely.
Your accusations just drive people away from Islam instead of helping them get closer Sad

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
moderatesufi
« Reply #29 on: Jul 04, 2011 04:26 PM »

The turning point for me came one evening at a Muscat shopping mall when an obviously gay young man strode through the food court to order some fried chicken. I nearly gasped when I saw him. I had seen gay people before, of course. But in Oman, where gender is literally designated in black and white, the site was shocking, and I saw others around me gape and even laugh at him. Then I heard a voice inside my head say, "That’s brave."

I don't think that is the attitude a Muslim will have to someone who brings the punishment of Allah raining down on nations.

But when it comes to this:
"I am uncomfortable with aspects of the Qur’an and classical Islamic law that allow polygamy, or unilateral male divorce, or make a women’s legal testimony worth less than a man’s. I"

Wow, a believer being uncomfortable with the spoken word of Allah?
That isn't a difference of opinion issue.
That is an Iman issue.

Yep Fozia, I am not going to make up a cuddly Islam, that people who do not believe in it will feel comfortable with.

Paul tried that. He invented a new version to make it easy for the Romans to convert.
In one sense it worked. All the Romans and all Roman subjects converted.
But in the more important sense it failed, the religion he preached stopped being Islam, and was renamed Christianity.
It stopped being the pathway to Jannah and became a pathway to Jahanam.

I am not willing to say, hay it is OK to call yourself a Muslim and be uncomfortable with parts of the Quran.
Some of you might call that pushing people away from Islam. But I don't really see people believing in parts of the book, and being uncomfortable with other parts, really that much in it to be pushed out?

Al-Abd
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
Al-Abd has no influence :(

« Reply #30 on: Jul 05, 2011 07:18 AM »

Honestly, i gotta agree with MS on this one, those "issues" the first article talks about, are things straight from the Quran.  She has problems with her Iman.  May Allah guide her and all of us.
Durafshan
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
Durafshan has no influence :(

« Reply #31 on: Aug 08, 2011 04:53 AM »

Asalam Walakum,
I have seen many people who have taken off there Hijab.. but we shouldnt take it off because we see others going astray! I dont understand! May Allah Guide her. Honestly, when I wear Hijab I feel protected from all bad things which happen to most people. I feel as if 50% of what other girls face without Hijab has vanished. I am 15 and wear Hijab, many non-muslims try to discourage me on wearing my hijab but I never let there efforts get in the way of me and Allah!!! May Allah Guide us... Smiley purplehijabisis
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: