Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

All the world's a dars.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Courtesy on Eid...  (Read 966 times)
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« on: Oct 01, 2008 09:20 PM »

Asalaam Alaikum,

Today after the Eid prayers at the Sir Ali Muslim Club, I got to my car and found that someone had double parked behind me.  I waited for a half an hour for the owner of the car to show up.  I could not move because two other cars where parked beside mine and there was house in front of all the cars, mine included.

It turned out that the owner for the car blocking mine was a Muslim sister too.  She decided to engage in conversation with the people she was with not caring that I stood there waiting for her to move her car.  I said: 'excuse me and Asalaam Alaikum.  Can you kindly move your car?'  She responded by saying that I should wait and she will move it.  I told her that I had already waited for 30 minutes.  She then got annoyed and said that she got delayed because there were so many people and she couldn't fly to get to her car.  I replied that I prayed at the same venue with her and yet I was out sooner.

The two cars parked beside mine belonged to two Muslim brothers who came, got into their cars and drove off.  Rather than continue to argue, I got into my car, took advantage of the space created by the other two cars and drove off while the sister was still standing engaged in conversation.

When one double parks, it is always courteous to be able to stay by the car, leave your cars keys with someone trustworthy or come back immediately, so that you do not inconvenience the other person.  I found this lady to be rude with no sense of courtesy at all.

And on Eid too, a day of joy and spreading peace!

Wasalaam.

Halima

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
lala marcy
Sis

Reputation Power: 14
lala marcy has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Oct 02, 2008 04:58 AM »

At least you got to go to Eid Prayers. I was stuck in an airport :-( bah.

People are something else though. Sorry to hear about that!

salaam
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: