Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pictures of Eid Around the World ;)  (Read 7539 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2778

I heart the Madina

« on: Oct 02, 2008 08:01 AM »

These are nice ma'sha Allah

Muslims offer Eid prayers at Jama Mosque in New Delhi, India, Thursday, Oct. 2, 2008. Eid al-Fitr marks the end of the Islamic fasting month Ramadan.

Muslims offer Eid prayers at a mosque inside the Taj Mahal complex in Agra, India, Thursday, Oct. 2, 2008. Eid al-Fitr marks the end of the Islamic fasting month Ramadan.

Palestinians enjoy a ride at an amusement park during the second day of the holiday of Eid al-Fitr in the West Bank town of Jenin, Wednesday, Oct. 1, 2008. Muslims are celebrating the three day Eid-Al-Fitr holiday marking the end of the Muslim holy fasting month of Ramadan.

Indonesian women pray at the start of the Eid al Fitr holiday marking the end of Ramadan, the Muslim fasting month Wednesday Oct. 1, 2008 at Parangtritis beach in Yogyakarta, Indonesia. Millions in Indonesia, the world's most populous Muslim country began the two day holiday at home with their families.

Muslims pray during Eid Al Fitr, Wednesday, Oct. 1, 2008, at Reliant Center in Houston. Muslims around the world celebrate Eid al-Fitr, which marks the end of the holy month of Ramadan

Schoolchildren hold placards reading "Happy Eid" on the eve of Eid al-Fitr in the western Indian city of Ahmedabad October 1, 2008. Eid-al-Fitr is celebrated at the end of the fasting month of Ramadan, the holiest month in the Islamic calendar.

From BBC:

BBC

Jalebi in Peshawar

boy in Riyadh

Palestinians at the Dome of the Rock

Palestinians

Afghans in Kabul

Philipino girl

Albanians praying

Iraqi woman praying for a dead relative

Egyptians

Bosnian men

Bulgarian Muslims

[/quote]

Bulgarian man

Albanians

Kosovans pray at graves of those killed by Serbs

Bosnians

Chinese Muslims

Saudi
[/quote]

BrKhalid
Bro

Reps: 273

« Reply #1 on: Oct 02, 2008 08:26 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

Picture of Eid Salah at Masjid al Haram

You can just about see in this picture, the land they have cleared for the expansion of the Masjid.

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Oct 02, 2008 11:18 PM »

Amazing subhanAllah. It does look like it's more crowded than Hajj!!

Picture on the front page of our paper today!!!

A young Muslim worshipper watches as prayers are recited during the start of the Muslim festival of Eidul Fitr at the Islamic Center of the Capital District in Colonie Wednesday, Oct. 1. (Skip Dickstein / Times Union)

Halima
Sis

Reps: 397

« Reply #3 on: Oct 07, 2008 11:52 AM »

http://www.eastafricantube.com/media/13264/Eid_Ul_Fitr_Celebrations_Kenya_2008/

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira

rahma
Sis

Reps: 739

« Reply #4 on: Oct 07, 2008 12:19 PM »

Just wondering.

There's a picture of Palestinians and they seem to be buying/selling palm branches.   Huh?  Is there an Islamic reason for this or did they just borrow this custom from the Christians' Palm Sunday?

Halima
Sis

Reps: 397

« Reply #5 on: Oct 07, 2008 01:02 PM »

http://www.eastafricantube.com/media/13080/EID_MUBARAK/

I truly loved this one! 

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #6 on: Sep 21, 2009 01:22 AM »

I didn't like their pictures at all but the article is nice:

Muslims celebrate feast ending daily Ramadan fasts

(AP) – 5 hours ago

A look at how Muslims around the world began celebrating Eid al-Fitr, a three-day feast that marks the end of the holy fasting month of Ramadan.

___

EGYPT — Families thronged the streets and the banks of the Nile to celebrate, showing off children in new holiday outfits. On overloaded Nile cruise boats decorated with brightly colored lights, men and women danced to traditional Egyptian music blaring. Children set off fireworks in the streets.

The traffic that normally snarls the busy streets of Cairo eased as many used mass transit to visit amusement parks and Cairo's few gardens. Vendors and beggars wished passers-by a happy Eid with a smile, hoping for a tip.

Supermarkets and sweet shops had special sales on hundreds of boxes of traditional Eid cookies. Another popular Eid treat is smoky or salted fish as most Egyptians refrain from eating those dishes during the fasting month of Ramadan.

In downtown Cairo there was a beefed up police presence to keep the boisterous crowds under control after incidents of mass harassment against women two years earlier.

___

SAUDI ARABIA — Saudis decorated their homes and prepared sumptuous meals for friends and family. Big chunks of lamb mixed with rice and vegetables is traditional. The whole country reveled in celebration with men and women greeting and kissing each other in big cities.

All male folk dances with swords were performed in public.

In the capital Riyadh, the local government planned celebrations that began with prayers followed by seven separate fireworks displays, concerts, theater, poetry readings, a parade and women's programs. Car races, a remote control air show, a sky diving performance, a bicycle race and traditional music were also planned.

___

PALESTINIAN TERRITORIES — In Gaza City, the old market was packed with street merchants hawking their wares and families shopping for new clothes, sweets and salted fish. But the holiday atmosphere was strained in Gaza, which has been under an Israeli-Egyptian blockade for two years and is still reeling from January's war.

"People are psychologically worn out since the war," said Midhad Ihmeid, 45. "Does someone who lost a family member or had his house wrecked want to go and buy new shoes?"

Salam Haddad, a 34-year-old vendor, said Gaza's economic decline was affecting holiday preparations, and only the network of smuggling tunnels under the Gaza-Egypt border was keeping commerce alive.

"There's no work here now, so people don't have much money for the holiday," he said.

___

PAKISTAN — Thousands of people in the capital of Islamabad flocked to the main bazaars to eat, shop and celebrate.

Pakistan's President Asif Ali Zardari reminded people in a statement to remember those during Eid who sacrificed themselves for peace.

"Amidst Eid celebrations this year, let us not forget those members of our armed forces, the police, the law enforcing agencies and civilians who laid down their lives in the fight against militants so that we may truly celebrate this Eid in peace," Zardari said, referring to Pakistan's gains in recent months against a homegrown Taliban insurgency.

___

AFGHANISTAN — In the capital Kabul, children dressed in their finest clothes for the celebration, as families posed for formal photos against the backdrop of the mountains that surround the Afghan capital.

Despite a recent increase in violence in Kabul, the city was crowded and festive — its markets were full and many of the streets were jammed with cars filled with people on their way to and from holiday meals.

___

SUDAN — The start of the feast is marked by massive outdoor worship services at local mosques. Many then spend the afternoon and evening visiting family, friends and neighbors. Those with recent deaths in the family get special attention in hopes the celebrations will distract them from mourning. In cities, families also head to public gardens for picnics while kids run around with newly purchased toy guns and shoot at each other.

Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir called for the country's numerous armed movements to lay down their arms and engage in dialogue rather than violence to solve their differences.

___

YEMEN — Eid came at a time of great suffering here from the economic crisis, war in the north and instability in the south.

In northern Saada province along the Saudi border, thousands of civilians have fled fighting between Shiite rebels and the government and most children did not receive traditional gifts of money or new clothes. The province's biggest and oldest mosque was empty this year instead of being filled during the dawn prayers as in the past.

Many in big cities stayed home instead of going out to restaurants as they did in past years, though chewers of the stimulant qat leaf still gathered in many neighborhoods to swap stories of the past.

google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jwZySndmlP1hl28OHTTEgnXcnw9AD9AR7SG80

hajra
الَسَـــــــلاَمُ عَلَيــْــكُم وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكـَـاتُه
Sis

Reps: 69

« Reply #7 on: Sep 21, 2009 03:16 PM »

Assalamalikum
EID MUBARAK
 eidaccept ameensmiley eidmubarak jazakallahsmiley

got this picture from todays newspaper
JAMA MASJID ,Delhi

Narrated AbuHurayrah:
The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) used to say: "O Allah, I seek refuge in Thee from four things: Knowledge which does not profit, a heart which is not submissive, a soul which has an insatiable appetite, and a supplication which is not heard."

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #8 on: Sep 13, 2010 08:44 AM »

Some beautiful pictures from Eid this year all around the world:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/gallery/2010/sep/10/muslims-celebrate-eid-al-fitr#/?picture=366586292&index=0

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=129783278

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: