Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Art of the Islamic & Indian Worlds up for sale at Christies!!  (Read 3136 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Oct 03, 2008 12:32 AM »

The collection that they're selling is AMAZING. Now this is what Muslims should be spending their money on. Preserving our heritage. These would be awesome for a museum.

http://www.christies.com/LotFinder/searchresults.aspx?intSaleID=21536#action=paging&&intSaleID=21536&sid=56c30eb8-de36-4a7f-bb87-89c453329ff6&pg=1

I feel like bidding for that conical bowl... sooo beautiful! ooooo and that brass astrolabe!!
lala marcy
Sis

Reputation Power: 14
lala marcy has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Oct 15, 2008 02:58 PM »

So did you bid on anything? Smiley
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Oct 15, 2008 04:26 PM »

haha i wish!! gotta make a few $$million$$ first then we'll see. i do hope the people who bought them will be able to preserve then. It's kinda sad that museums like the met and stuff take better care of our heritage Sad speaking of which i'm still waiting for 2015 or whenever when their islamic exhibit is going to be reopened. sheesh who closes an exhibit for 10 years.
Faizah
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
Faizah has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Oct 15, 2008 11:27 PM »

What bothers me is that people are often looking to turn a profit moreso than preserve heritage (this applies not only to items like this but also to the landscape of the most sacred of places).  If only we all had the money to even pool together and buy the items and set up a museum and/or travelling exhibit and virtual exhibit so that the history and heritage is not lost thus robbing future generations of it. 

Fa'izah
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: