Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Like us many have spoken over this spring, but they were gone in the twinkling of an eye. We conquered the world with bravery and might, but we did not take it with us to the grave. - Zahiruddin Muhammad (Babur)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Egytians on this board?  (Read 834 times)
rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« on: Oct 03, 2008 12:59 PM »

Huh?

It this article for real?  Are there any Egyptians here or anyone who has been to Egypt who has had similar experiences?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7593765.stm#posy

I can't imagine living like this.  What is wrong with the men in Egypt?
um aboodi
Sis

Reputation Power: 26
um aboodi barely matters :(um aboodi barely matters :(

« Reply #1 on: Oct 03, 2008 04:45 PM »

salam

I think many women in Egypt need bodyguards around them.  The men who do these things are sick.  Oh well, learning martial arts never hurts, eh   Lips Sealed

jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Oct 04, 2008 06:20 AM »

wsalam,

I've been to Egypt just this past Spring. It's not as prevalent as all that but you do find it there like most Muslim countries unfortunately  Sad Not sure how we can fix this, obviously even hijab/niqab doesn't work. Less focusing on outer dress and more on internal heart and lowering the gaze i think. one day maybe inshallah  oldshaykh
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Oct 05, 2008 02:58 AM »

SALAAM
 u mean whats wrong with men and general. I live in US  and the second country I go to most is pakistan. I have been unfortuantely harassed at both. so just fyi try not to be alone in college campus specifically on the steps and dont go to a concert in pakland (they are scary!) and dont ever be (even accidentally ) alone with a man who is nonmahrem even if you know him well! This is especially for those young girls who think they are brave and strong and stubborn and crave excitement!
And I know most girls tend to ignore and are shocked when it happenes but my advice is kick them hard or slap them hard so they wont do it gain to anyone then make sure u never c them again
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: