Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

All the world's a kabob truck.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Saudi women beat peeping-Toms at mosque  (Read 2347 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Oct 05, 2008 05:33 AM »

When looking for a rishta goes too far............ haha hillarious  Cheesy   -- J.

===========================================================   
[ Monday, 22 September 2008 ]

Men sneaked into mosque at prayer time

Saudi women beat peeping-Toms at mosque

Women were performing taraweeh prayers (file)

DUBAI (AlArabiya.net)

A pair of peeping-Toms hoping to get an illicit look at a group of women at a mosque in Saudi Arabia got a beating instead.

A group of Saudi women beat two young men who sneaked into a mosque in the northwestern city of Hail to watch women praying during the taraweeh, a nightly prayer recited during Ramadan, the Saudi newspaper al-Riyadh reported on Sunday.

A woman noticed that two men had sneaked into the women’s section of the mosque and were peaking at the women. She called other women praying in the mosque and they pounced on the intruders. The women beat them with their shoes and water bottles.

The women said they did not report the male intruders to the mosque's imam because they did not want to interrupt the prayers.

The girls then called security. The two men tried to run away but failed. They are currently being interrogated.
lucid
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
lucid has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Oct 05, 2008 06:18 AM »

so this will cause saudi men to say women shouldn't go to the mosque. 

Umar (ra) forbade women from coming to the mosque after something like this happened 1400 years ago (i believe).  and so today whenever a sister is in a jam and has to pray she has to go home and can't pop into her local mosque to pray -- because women are not allowed in mosques in much of the muslim world!

isn't life great?!

sorry, i don't mean to be so negative...but there is a problem here which pious muslims, particularly pious sisters, paradoxically don't seem to care about; but which the anti-religious do care about and harp on about endlessly.

jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Oct 05, 2008 06:31 AM »

wsalam,

dude it's a funny story. c'mon maybe it was kids who did it on a dare. anyway saudi is pretty good about having nice women's sections everywhere. every mosque i went to there has beautiful women's sections that are well cared for. UNLIKE as u mentioned most of asia, where women just don't go/aren't allowed to/haven't built a women's section and unfortunately they've brought that bad cultural aspect to the west.

lucid
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
lucid has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Oct 06, 2008 02:16 AM »

sorry sister,

i was being an idiot.  sometimes things just get stuck in my mind and  i get too dramatic.

blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Oct 06, 2008 05:43 AM »

salaam

ook I always that not going in mosque for woman in pakistan was cultural. But I just recently learned that women are not allowed to pray in Jamah (even their own , even at home) in the hanafi school?!!!!?
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #5 on: Oct 06, 2008 11:23 AM »

ws,

they can pray in jamah at the masjid. what isn't allowed is only women praying in jamah like with an imam in one place. and again that is only one school and only for women's gatherings. so the women at that time pray individually. this should not prevent women from attending the mosque. especially in the west where the mosque is not just a mosque, they are islamic centers, centers of learning and social identity. it is important women go and that every mosque is designed to accomodate the entire community. women, children, handicapped etc etc.

Faizah
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
Faizah has no influence :(

« Reply #6 on: Oct 06, 2008 11:55 AM »

As salaamu alaikum

This was funny but also reflects what most of us already knew; women can handle themselves.

Fa'izah
Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« Reply #7 on: Oct 14, 2008 02:32 AM »

I wonder how much rapes, abuse and peeping tom activities would drop
if the men could be beaten every time it happens   Huh?    Grin

Just allow female friends and family member in a room with the guilty party
and allow them 15 mins to beat the tar out of such men.  Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print