Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: The true greatness of man lies in his capacity for eternal progress. -The Alchemy of Happiness, Imam Al-Ghazali
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: obama mccain debate  (Read 784 times)
lucid
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
lucid has no influence :(

« on: Oct 08, 2008 06:54 AM »

wow! did you see the obama mccain debate. 

boy did obama kick mccain's butt.  mccain seemed like a windbag, and a creaky and ricketly old guy.  in contrast, obama looks so coooool!! did anybody notice the incredibly bad fitting suit mccain was wearing?  however, i did like mccain's grasp of foreign policy when it came to russia. 

anyhow obama's numbers have jumped.  check out the latest probability of obama winning on intrade.

www.intrade.com
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Oct 08, 2008 03:50 PM »

I think his "that one" comment didn't really help. But I dunno, all the people that were undecided that they interviewed after were still undecided!! Americans should by all rights NOT vote for a republican for office again, but they are so prejudiced against Obama ie the 'muslim thing', 'being black' etc etc. The US is still a deeply conservative, white, bible belt nation so I dunno.
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Oct 08, 2008 04:44 PM »

salaam

I loved the debate!!!!!!!! And it totally convinced me that Obama is a more truthful man. Mcain distorted tooo many facts. I think after those debates noone can say that Obama is not 'presedential material.' I have been following this election for a long time going thru almost every interview/article. And to understand Obamas stance on foreign policy you really have to understand it him and his ideas as a whole. Mcain is full of talk and no action, just look at his record as he himself said to do. Im glad Obama finally attacked bak by saying he is the one who said to bomb iran and go to north korea. Obviously he is full of talk or else he would not have to distort so many facts. I cant believe that people still want to vote for mcain. Before I knew it would be scary to have him as president but now i know it will be terrifying the more i get to know him. His character and policies are just too bad and his healthcare plan is absolutely rediculous. it does not solve anything. The only sole reason people say they will vote for mcain is because of his 'experience' that is all they can think of. that is absolutely a rediculous reason considering what is the us of experience when it isnt meant to do good and what is the use of experience if you do not use it to learn from your mistakes. If we dont give others a chance then how are they going to gain any experience? Im sick of the arguement that mcain is not 'bush' . history and records show that his policies are no different.. and the only reason hes distancing himself from bush is bc bush is so unpopular now and just to win! he chose palin just so he could win! thats absolute bad judgement . he seems to only care about winning an dnot the country! he even copied obamas cheme on 'change' now all of a sudden hes a maverick. if you listen closely in the debate you will have noticed that he copied many of the words obama used right after obama used them!
people we really have to open up discussion about the election in workplaces and  campus ect. its really imp . just bc obama has the lead, it does not mean he will win. the lead is not that much, after kerry lost four yrs ago I donnt have too much hope but if we open up discussion maybe just maybe there is a chance.
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Oct 08, 2008 04:46 PM »

oh yah and calling obama 'that one' was absolutely disrespectful and what wonders what did he mean by that!

also actually many of the undecided voters were still undecided for sure but did say they were leaning towards obama.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: