// Islamic Morales & Values
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Never forget that turning a blind eye to oppression and watching from the sidelines is itself opression - Harun Yahya
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Islamic Morales & Values  (Read 4490 times)
Siham
Sis

Reputation Power: 23
Siham barely matters :(Siham barely matters :(

Ahla Haya

« on: Oct 08, 2008 04:44 PM »

The Great Importance of Good Manners by Muslims
The Prophet saw said: al-deen an-nasihah. Religion is advising one another. However, two things need to be clarified:

a) The advice has to be given in the right way. You don't give advice in public in front of others; you give it in private - otherwise you embarass the person. It should be given as calmly and delicately as possible.

b) The advice must be received correctly. You shouldn't get angry about this person offering you advice, rather you should be grateful to this person for taking the time to discuss with you something that is not easy for him/her to discuss; and taking the risk that you might grow angry with him.

In conclusion, those of us who accept the Shahadah (and I hope that is all of us) must also accept that that belief has consequences. One of the most important of those is in having good manners. The benefits of good manners are many, three of which I think are important are da'wah, amanah and commitment to the Muslim community. How do we improve our manners? By imitating the prophet, by having consideration for other Muslims and consulting one another.

"...Surely my prayer and my sacrifice, my life and my death are for Allah, the Lord of the Worlds..." (Qur'an, 6:162)
Siham
Sis

Ahla Haya

« Reply #1 on: Oct 14, 2008 08:21 PM »

The Loss of Mercy — And Where To Find It
(Through the Prophet's character and behavior, true gentleness and mercy can be seen manifest in action)

"...Surely my prayer and my sacrifice, my life and my death are for Allah, the Lord of the Worlds..." (Qur'an, 6:162)
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #2 on: Oct 15, 2008 07:00 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

Lovely hadith from the above article:

"Gentleness is not found in anything except that it makes it beautiful; and gentleness is not taken out of anything except that is makes it ugly."

[Muslim]

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Siham
Sis

Ahla Haya

« Reply #3 on: Oct 23, 2008 05:18 PM »

Husn adh-Dhann

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Allah Most High has said,

????? ????? ??????? ?????

Verily, some suspicions are sins…

????? ??????? ??????? ? ??????? ??????? ???????? ????????? ? ?????? ?? ?????? ???????? ???? ?????? ????????????

From Rasulullah [saw] who said, “To have good thoughts (or suspicions) is from well-conducted worship.” [abu dawood]

And our Beloved, sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam,  [saw] reminded us,

? ??????????? ?????????? ??????? ???????? ???????? ?????????? ????? ? ???????????? ? ?????? ? ???????????? ? ?????? ??????????? ????? ??????????? ????? ??????????? ????? ? ???????????? ? ?????????? ??????? ??????? ??????????

“Avoid suspicion, for suspicion is the gravest lie in talk and do not be inquisitive about one another and do not spy upon one another and do not feel envy with the other, and nurse no malice, and nurse no aversion and hostility against one another. And be fellow-brothers and servants of Allah.” [sahih muslim]

Siham
Sis

Ahla Haya

« Reply #4 on: Oct 23, 2008 05:23 PM »

Excellence in Friendship

Imam Abu Abd al-Rahman al-Sulami (Allah have mercy on him), one of the great sufi masters, wrote in his work The Proper Manners of Companionship (Adab al-Suhba) that proper companionship with one’s friends is through:

[1] Remaining constantly cheerful

[2] Doing the good

[3] Spreading mention of their virtues

[4] Concealing their errors

[5] Considering great this little acts of good

[6] Considering little anything one does for them

[7] Taking care of them with one’s person and wealth

[8] Avoiding malice, envy, harming, hurting, and all matters
that they dislike, in any way

[9] Leaving anything one would have to apologize for.

Siham
Sis

Ahla Haya

« Reply #5 on: Oct 27, 2008 06:58 PM »

Four Things to Know

Hatim al-Asamm said, "I have chosen four things to know and discarded all other things of knowledge.

"The first is this: I know that my daily bread is apportioned to me and will neither be increased or decreased, so I have stopped trying to add to it.

"Secondly, I know I owe to God a debt which no one else can pay for me, so I am busy about paying it.

"Thirdly, I know that there is someone pursuing me -- Death whom I cannot escape from, so I have prepared myself
to meet him.

"Fourth, I know that God is observing me, so I am ashamed to do what I should not."

Siham
Sis

Ahla Haya

« Reply #6 on: Nov 19, 2008 04:31 PM »

"Do not treat people with contempt, nor walk insolently on the earth. Allah does not love the arrogant or the self-conceited boaster. Be modest in your bearing and subdue your voice, for the most unpleasant of voices is the braying of the ass." [The Holy Qur'an, Surah Luqman - 31:18-19]

Siham
Sis

Ahla Haya

« Reply #7 on: Dec 01, 2008 06:47 PM »

'Say something good and refrain from backbiting...'

Siham
Sis

Ahla Haya

« Reply #8 on: Feb 24, 2009 04:33 PM »

Advice of the Prophet
Companion of Prophet Muhammad , Khalid Ibn El Waleed narrated the following:

A Bedouin came one day to the Prophet and said to him, "O, Messenger of God! I've come to ask you a few questions about the affairs of this life and the Hereafter. "

The Prophet  responded Ask what you wish.

I'd like to be the most learned of men.
Fear God, and you will be the most learned of men.

I wish to be the richest man in the world.
Be contented, and you will be the richest man in the world.

I'd like to be the most just man.
Desire for others what you desire for yourself, and you will be the most just of men.

I want to be the best of men.
Do good to others and you will be the best of men.

I wish to be the most favored by God.
Engage much in God's praise, and you will be most favored by Him.

I'd like to complete my faith.
If you have good manners you will complete your faith.

I wish to be among those who do good.
Adore God as if you see Him. If you don't see Him, Know that He sees you. In this way you will be among those who do good.

I wish to be obedient to God.
If you observe God's commands you will be obedient.

I'd like to be free from all sins.
Bathe yourself from impurity and you will be free from all sins.

I'd like to be raised on the Day of Judgment in the light.
Don't wrong yourself or any other creature, and you will be raised on the Day of Judgment in the light.

I'd like God to bestow His mercy on me.
If you have mercy on yourself and on others, God will grant you mercy on the Day of Judgment.

I'd like my sins to be very few.
If you seek the forgiveness of God as much as you can, your sins will be very few.

I'd like to be the most honorable man.
If you do not complain to any fellow creature, you will be the most honorable of men.

I'd like to be the strongest of men.
If you put your trust in God, you will be the strongest of men.

I'd like to enlarge my provision.
If you keep yourself pure, God will enlarge your provision.

I'd like to be loved by God and His messenger.
If you love what God and His messenger love, you will be among their beloved ones.

I wish to be safe from God's wrath on the Day of Judgment.
If you do not lose your temper with any of your fellow creatures, you will be safe from the wrath of God on the Day of Judgment.

I'd like my prayers to be responded.
If you avoid forbidden actions your prayers will be responded.

I'd like God not to disgrace me on the Day of Judgment.
If you guard your chastity, God will not disgrace you on the Day of Judgment.

I'd like God to provide me with a protective covering on the Day of Judgment. 
Do not uncover your fellow peoples faults, and God will provide you with a covering protection on the Day of Judgment.

What will save me from sins? 
Tears, humility and illness.

What are the best deeds in the eyes of God? 
Gentle manners, modesty and patience.

What are the worst evils in the eyes of God? 
Hot temper and miserliness.

What alleviates the wrath of God in this life and in the Hereafter?
Concealed charity and kindness to relatives.

What extinguishes hell's fires on the Day of Judgment?
Patience in adversity and misfortunes.

Imam El Mustaghfiri said: "I have never heard a tradition more comprehensive of the beauties of religion, and more beneficial than this hadith. It collects all the good things of Islam but not put to use." (Related by Imam Ibn Hambal)

Siham
Sis

Ahla Haya

« Reply #9 on: Mar 31, 2009 08:27 PM »

The Tongue and the Heart

Whoever believes in Allah and the last day should speak good or keep silent
- Muhammad
[Sahih al-Bukhari and Muslim]

The tongue expresses what is in the heart. If a persons heart is good you see it in their saying.

If the tongue is used correctly then it has its blessing but if used incorrectly it has its dangers. Allah (subhanahu wa Ta'ala) has given us this tool (the tongue) to communicate and it is a blessing form Allah (subhanahu wa Ta'ala) which must be used correctly.

The gratitude we should show for this great blessing should include, using it for the obedience to Allah (subhanahu wa Ta'ala), for reading the Quran (and good Islamic materials), for speaking good, such as, enjoining good and forbidding the evil and in teaching the ignorant, in Dhikr, in worship, in sincere advice to our brothers and sisters and in many other things which enable us to get closer to Allah (subhanahu wa Ta'ala). It is true that ONE saying may enter a person into the fire and one saying may save a person from the fire and enter one into paradise.

The prohibitions of the tongue are that you do not lie, abuse, use foul language, backbite, and do not slander.

The tongue is protected by the teeth and then the lips which should act as a prison when indulging in loose talk. Allah (subhanahu wa Ta'ala) says in the Qur'an:

Successful indeed are the believers. Those who offer their prayers with all solemnity and full submissiveness. And those who turn away from Al-Laghw (dirty, false, evil vain talk, falsehood, and all that Allah has forbidden)
[Al-Mu'minun 23:1-3]

Here Allah (subhanahu wa Ta'ala) mentions the words "turn away from" not "leave" which shows that, refraining from vain talk is a characteristic of the believers.

Imam Shafi said, "If you wish to speak then it is upon you to think before you speak. If you think there is good in it then you should speak and if not then do not speak."

One searching for salvation against vain talk should ask themselves:

Will this saying of mine please Allah (Ta'ala)?
Will this saying of mine bring me closer to Allah (Ta'ala)?
Does this saying earn with it obedience to Allah (Ta'ala)?

If so then speak otherwise on should keep silent.
Sahl ibn Sa'ad (radiAllahu anhu) reported that the Messenger of Allah (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said: "Whomever guards what is between his jaws and legs, I will guarantee him paradise."
[Sahih al-Bukhari and Muslim]

This is one of the open paths to paradise. It is calling the people to come to paradise with the guarding of their tongues.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: