// Suhaib Webb on political participation (EVERYONE PLZ LISTEN!)
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there. -Maulana Jelaluddin Rumi
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Suhaib Webb on political participation (EVERYONE PLZ LISTEN!)  (Read 1105 times)
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« on: Oct 08, 2008 06:27 PM »

http://www.suhaibwebb.com/blog/minority-fiqh/the-case-for-political-apartment-audio-suhaib-webb/#comments

'THE OVERWHELMING MAJORITY OF SCHOLARS IN TODAYS WORLD ARE SAYING  THAT POLITICAL PARTICIPATION IN NONMUSLIM COUNTRIS  IS A DUTY . SOME SAY ITS AN OBLIGATION EVEN ONES THAT ARE SEEN AS STRICT ON OUR EYES. MORE THAN 300 SCHOLARS FROM EVERY WALK OF LIFE, EVERY GROUP, FIQ COUNCIL , ENTIRE JOURNAL ON SAUDI ARABIA EVERY SINGLE ARTICLE IS ENCOURAGING MUSLIMS IN WEST TO PARTICIPATE IN POLITICAL SYSTEM'

(almost exact quote)

HE SUPPORTS OBAMA! YAY!

SALAAM

cheese
« Reply #1 on: Oct 08, 2008 08:12 PM »

"HE SUPPORTS OBAMA!"

I support Imam Mehdi and Esa bin Maryam against whoever is elected to serve Dejjal.
blackrose
Sis

« Reply #2 on: Oct 09, 2008 03:25 AM »

salaam

Jannah can you plz erase his comment. it is completely irrelevant to this topic and just gives another reason to believe that he is islamaphobic since he doesnt want to even agree with the majority of the scholars around the world

and I believe its extremely insulting when he sais 'serve dejjal' insnt this against the constitution. hes obviously calling america 'dejjal'
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Oct 09, 2008 03:57 AM »

Salam,

There's a fine line here. People can have all kinds of opinions which is fine as long as everyone respects each other and Islam on these forums. If you're continually in disagreement with someone the best thing is to let your opinion known and then leave it at that.
blackrose
Sis

« Reply #4 on: Nov 03, 2008 09:17 PM »

salaam
a message by sheikh Suhaib Webb:

Sen. Obama is the Man! Get out and Vote!
Asalamu alaykum,

I want to take some time, again after a year and half, to encourage all to register to vote and support Sen. Barak Obama. Although there are certain things I disagree with, I hold that the benefits of Sen. Obama over Sen. Mccain leave a Muslim no choice but to vote for the former. Izi Din Abdul Salam noted that if a Muslim has the choice between two leaders, he should choose the one who will bring the most goodness and justice to the society. I want to express my sincere hope in Allah that my choice will be pleasing to Him and ask Him to guide our leaders towards what is good and just for all. I want to encourage all Muslim citizens to investigate both candidates, observe DNC and RNC’s programs, pray istikhara and make a profound choice.

I understand that some will question Sen. Obama’s positions on what is going on overseas, however, if we fail to support him, we are surely giving weight to a person who has said that, “The war will last 100 years.” Before we can clean our neighbors yard, we must work to strengthen our own. From Cannibalistic loans, thrown at minority communities and the destruction of programs like Affirmative Action and Head Start, Muslims cannot afford to watch as the Republicans destroy this country by leveling the axe on the necks of the poor and weak.

Many will question the validity of voting. While I certainly empathize with that, I tend towards the position of the majority of scholars and great Shari’ah legal minds who hold that: “It is acceptable for Muslims to vote in Western Democracies.” The largest body of Muslim scholars, the Fiqh Council of Jidda, headed by the Mufti of Saudi Arabia along with scholars such as Sh. Bin Bayyah, Dr. al-Qaradawi, Dr. Wahba Zuhaili, Dr. Taha Jabir al-’Awani, Sh. Abdul Karim Zaydan, Dr. Munir Farid Wasil, former Mufti of Egypt and others released an entire journal on the subject that stated that voting in the West is not only permissible, but encouraged.

Malcolm X, who changed his position towards the end of his life; even encouraging others to vote, said, “Your either part of the problem, or part of the solution.” Let’s make a stand, invest in our future and contribute. I feel a great personal responsibility towards this election and wanted to write something that shares my feelings.

Allah knows best

Suhaib

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: