Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single muslim man is in want of a muslim wife.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Need advice on starting an Islamic college group  (Read 911 times)
Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« on: Oct 09, 2008 08:39 PM »

I've met 2 other sisters at the college I take classes at.
There are Catholic, Christian, Jewish and other groups here on campus but no Muslim groups.
I spoke with the person in charge of group and they welcome the start of such a group.
But we need 5 members min due to groups have to have offices (pres, vise pres, treasurer, etc)
and there needs to be a constitution draw up, but they provide sample copies with blanks.
I'd sure welcome advise on how to find more Muslims on campus that I may not be aware are Muslims
and what to do about this constitution thing.
Has anyone out there been part of a Muslim club/group at their college?
Advise is much appreciated. purplehijabisis
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Oct 10, 2008 10:13 AM »

wsalam,

u should get together with ur friends and plan a first meeting. then make a flier and post it all around campus. then at your first meeting you should attract some more muslims there and you can discuss where you want to go from there. we did that many years ago on campus, about 4 of us and we ended up with 40+ people showing up at the meeting! so good luck inshallah Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: