Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Apr 17, 2014 04:59 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Double, double toil and tazkiyah.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: E-bay anyone?  (Read 2493 times)
rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« on: Oct 10, 2008 04:31 PM »

AA.

I was just wondering if there are any sisters who shop for clothes on e-bay.

I've got a LOT of clothes that I don't wear and I don't just want to throw them out and I'm sure the local Christian charity wouldn't know what to do with hijabi clothing.  I thought I could sell them on e-bay, but I went there and typed in 'jilbab', and there are a bunch of jilbabs and thobes, etc, but nobody is bidding on them.   Huh?  Muslimas don't buy anything on e-bay?  I've got a bunch of Jilbabs thobes, scarfs, and long skirts that I don't know what to do with. 

Any advice?

(And don't tell me to put them in the mosque, that's how I ended up with a lot of stuff to begin with...)

thanks.
Faizah
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
Faizah has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Oct 10, 2008 07:44 PM »

WS

I haven't shopped on ebay in a few years.  Another suggestion; rather than put them in the local mosque how about donating them to a Muslim organization in another community?  Or to a women's shelter?  Sadly we'd be surprised and shocked to learn of the number of our sisters who are in domestic abuse or homeless shelters.  Or how about simply a clothing exchange during a sisters' gathering or halaqa?  There just might be interest.

Fa'izah
um aboodi
Sis

Reputation Power: 26
um aboodi barely matters :(um aboodi barely matters :(

« Reply #2 on: Oct 10, 2008 07:46 PM »

salam

These are used clothes?  I don't know if people want to buy used clothes.  

In my city, there is a muslim women's shelter.  You can donate clothes to places like these.  Where are you located?

Better yet, start your own business and advertize in the mosque.  People are always on the look for a good deal.  

Take care
wassalam

Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
Sr.Kathy has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Oct 11, 2008 05:23 AM »

asak
I will take any muslimy clothing - if you want to send them to me- never seem to have enough for our community.

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #4 on: Oct 11, 2008 02:51 PM »

Thanks for your suggestions sister.  The clothing is used or slightly used.  A lot of the items look fine.  Some need a little repair work (ie, the waistband needs to be tacked down, etc).  I can't start a business here because there just isn't enough muslims to sustain a muslim business (by the way, I'm in a small town in Mississippi Grin).

Sister Kathy:  I would be more than happy to ship these things at my expense if you could tell me where to send them.  I'll send you a personal message with my e-mail.  thanks.
Sr.Kathy
Sis

« Reply #5 on: Oct 11, 2008 11:26 PM »

Subhannah Allah- Check your personal messages- i sent you our address.
If the repair is needle and thread go ahead and send them, most of our 'poor' people do not have sewing machines.

Sr.Kathy
Sis

« Reply #6 on: Nov 08, 2008 12:05 AM »

Wa alaykum as salaam wa rhamatullah wa barakatu Rahma!
I got your box of clothing today! Thanks so much. May Allah swt reward you  may your rewards multiply everytime a Muslimah wears your clothing!
Thanks for throwing in the kufis/topis. I had run out and really need them for the new converts!
Subhannah Allah a poor family was in the library when the box came. They were so thrilled. Wish you could have seen their faces... especially over the scarves.
Jazak Allahu Khyara!
Was salaam,
Sr.Kathy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: