// Regarding drinking?
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Oh, man! We killed Mr. Burns! Mr. Burns is gonna be so mad! - Homer
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Regarding drinking?  (Read 1806 times)
Anonymous
Bro

Reputation Power: 22
Anonymous barely matters :(Anonymous barely matters :(

ANONYMOUS Post

« on: Oct 03, 2008 09:08 AM »

Assalam alkium,

this subject has been bugging me for years. I have muslim friends and my muslim husband who drink acholol and they all tell me its ok as long as you drink in moderation. And one friend told me the reason why acholol was banned was because back in the day muslims would show up to mosques drunk and disrupt prayers.

Is it ok to drink as long as you do not get drunk? will you go to hell if you drink, but pray 5 times a day and believe in Islam?

This post submitted using the ANONYMOUS button on the main Madina menu. Please reply here publicly so that the original poster can read any replies.
um aboodi
Sis

Reputation Power: 26
um aboodi barely matters :(um aboodi barely matters :(

« Reply #1 on: Oct 03, 2008 04:35 PM »

salam

Consumption of alcohol is not permitted in Islam even in moderation.  This is the legal opinion of contemporary and traditional jurists, alike.

take care
wassalam

Abdurahman
Bro

Reputation Power: 4
Abdurahman has no influence :(

Oh Allah, Guide us to the Straight Path.

« Reply #2 on: Oct 03, 2008 10:34 PM »

Asalamualaikum wrt wb,

Jazakumallahu khairan honorable sister Um Aboodi for your nice answer.  May I add this?:

Drinking alcohol is a major sin.  It has terrible effects in the dunya, at the time of death, as well as in the afterlife.  Ibn Rajab al Hanbali narrated from Abdul Aziz, who said:

"I was with a man who was dying and who was being prompted to say the Shahadah: No one has the right to be worshipped except Allah.  His dying words were, 'Whoever says what you say (the Shahadah) is a disbeliever.'

I asked about him and found out that he was an alcoholic.  Protect yourself from sins, for it were sins that were his ruin."

Imam al Qurtubi narrates that a man in Sham was asked to say 'La illaha illa Allah' during his dying moments, and he replied, "I am an alcoholic, give me something to drink!"

We seek refuge in Allah from that.  May Allah give us a good ending in this dunya.

Honorable sister,

If your husband drinks alcohol, you need to protect yourself from that, and try your best to tell him to quit, or ask a respectable person in the community to speak to him.  It is feared that his drinking alcohol with his friends in front of you, and telling you it is ok, may be a fitnah for you. 

May Allah protect you, and all the believers.

And Allah knows best.

Be merciful to those on earth, and the One in the Heavens will be merciful to you.
cheese
« Reply #3 on: Oct 03, 2008 10:55 PM »

Alcohol is forbidden in it self.
Some drinkers repent for drinking others refuse to repent instead they make excuses, or deny it is forbidden.
The same applies to any other sin. Murder, rape, theft, lying and assault, some repent others justify.
People who do bad things should stop doing them. People who repent may be forgiven, but the people who say it isn’t a sin don’t even bother asking for forgiveness.
Would Allah forgive them?
Only Allah knows.
But stating that Harram is Hallal doesn’t make a Harram things Hallal, it just means refusal to repent for sin.
UN
« Reply #4 on: Oct 04, 2008 05:56 AM »

Alcohol is Haraam. Rather it is more than Haraam. We have been ordered to do “ijtinaab” from all intoxicants. For example gold is Haraam to wear for men but men can carry/deal in gold. But Ijtinaab of intoxicants means we cannot even deal/carry/serve/store intoxicants; we cannot even be on the table where alcohol is served.

Surah Al-Maida (5:90) -O believers! Intoxicants and gambling (games of chance), dedication to stones (paying tribute to idols) and division by arrows (lottery) are the filthy works of Shaitan. (Fajtaniboohu) Get away from them, so that you may prosper.

Al-Tirmidhi Hadith 2776: Narrated by Anas ibn, Mali Allah's Messenger (saws) invoked the curse of Allah on ten people in connection with wine: the wine-presser, the one who has it pressed, the one who drinks it, the one who conveys it, the one to whom it is conveyed, the one who serves it, the one who sells it, the one who benefits from the price paid for it, the one who buys it, and the one for whom it is bought.

Sunan of Abu-Dawood Hadith 3672  Narrated by Abdullah Ibn Abbas The Messenger of Allah (saws) said: “Every intoxicant is ‘khamr’ (alcohol, wine, beer, etc.), and every ‘khamr’ is haraam.”

Al-Tirmidhi Hadith 4477: Narrated by Jabir ibn Abdullah The Prophet (saws) said, "He who believes in Allah and the Last Day must not (even) sit at a cloth (table or gathering) where wine is being circulated."

Sunan Abu-Dawud Book 26, Number 3673: Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: If a large amount of anything causes intoxication, a small amount of it is prohibited.
optimisstt
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
optimisstt has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: Oct 04, 2008 11:41 PM »

There is no limit for any kind of sin that is allowed in certain extent because rule is rule

Confessing is better than denying when we know what we are doing is wrong so there is nothing called its semi sin or half save side before reaching the red line

we would not get changed to a better unless we realize our mistakes and not only when we are practicing it but even if there is no clear wrong we can observe but its not fair to put all confidence on ourself arrogantly .so we always need to repent without any reason as we don't know what unclear sins we are commiting every minute 

SO ASK YOUR HUSBAND these questions

Is it allowed to drive while drunk or  not?

Is it the alcohol itself that is not permitted while driving or the state of being after even drinking ?

Does  the  traffic police accept such excuses if he finds you drunk ? that you have a biigger dose that makes you entoxicated so you are within your limit ?

Would you ask these questions before you obtain your driving license form the authority so that they know you can drink and drive without any problem ?

logically he wont answer yes to any of those questions because he should say he respects the rule because he FEARS the fine

Now again ask him why he fears the penalty of human being and not of ALLAH ?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: