// Stanford University Lecture on Misquoting Jesus
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "My son, exchange gifts, it will bring about love between you." - Anas talking to Thabit (May Allah be pleased with them)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stanford University Lecture on Misquoting Jesus  (Read 1610 times)
rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« on: Oct 15, 2008 06:04 PM »

I don't know if this has been posted or not yet, but it is a very interesting lecture by Bart Ehrman.

Here's the link to YouTube:

It's in ten parts so it takes a while to listen to the whole thing.
cheese
« Reply #1 on: Oct 15, 2008 06:30 PM »

"If God wrote a book, wont you want to see what he has to say"
That really hit me. I had press pause and think about it. I haven't pressed it again to listen to the rest because i am still thinking about that line.
it is deep.

We all need to read the  Quran more.

I got to 4/10 where he mentions that the story of the adulterer not being stoned was clearly fabricated because it doesn’t appear in the earlier bibles but appears in the later ones. It has a completely different righting style of the rest of John so it was clearly fabricated.
I always knew this one was fabricated because it would have meant Jesus was following himself above Allah. Because the verse mentions that it was Allah’s law to stone and Jesus refused saying only people without sin can do it and everyone has sin. This would mean Jesus was saying Allah was wrong, and as a Prophet of God he would never say such a thing.
Christians often use this against us, stating we are barbaric for obeying Allah and stoning who Allah says should be. But they are confused because they say God says stone, Jesus says don’t stone and Jesus is God.

Just finished watching the whole thing. thank you I liked it.
I like how he mentioned writters liked to remove bits of the bible that weren't fashionable at the time. I think people t ry to do this with the Sunnah when it disagrees with their logic.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: