// Your Shields
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: “Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men.” Martin Luther King, Jr. quote
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your Shields  (Read 1141 times)
hajra
الَسَـــــــلاَمُ عَلَيــْــكُم وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكـَـاتُه
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
hajra has no influence :(

« on: Oct 22, 2008 07:48 PM »

Your Shields
By Imam Ibn Al-Qayyim

How to protect yourself from the whispers of Satan? How to repel his continuous attempts to ensnare you? How to guard your faith against his malicious tricks? Imam Ibn Al-Qayyim recommends the following ten shields in your ceaseless war with Satan:

1. Seeking refuge with Allah from Satan. Allah the Most High says,

[And if a whisper from the devil reach thee (O Muhammad) then seek refuge in Allah. Lo! He is the Hearer, the Knower.] (Fussilat 41:36)

2. Reciting the two surahs of Al-Falaq and An-Nas, as they have a wondrous effect in weakening Satan and protecting one from his evils. This is why the Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) described them to be of incomparable effect when seeking refuge (An-Nasa’i, 5337).

3. Reciting Ayat Al-Kursi (Al-Baqarah 2:255).

4. Reciting Surat Al-Baqarah. The Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) said,“The house in which Al-Baqarah is recited is not approached by Satan” (Muslim).

5. Reciting the final part of Al-Baqarah. The Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) said,The last two verses of Surat Al-Baqarah will suffice whoever recites them at night”(Muslim).

6. Reciting the first three verses of Surat Ghafir.

7. Saying “la ilaha illa Allah wahdahu la sharika lah, lahul mulku wa lahul hamdu wa huwa `ala kulli shay’in qadir” (There is no god worthy of worship except Allah, He has no partner, His is the dominion and praise, and He is able to do all things) a hundred times.

8. Among the most beneficial forms of protection from Satan is the abundant remembrance of Allah the Exalted.

9. Ablution and prayer, which are among the greatest means of protection, especially at the time of anger or desire.

10. Abstinence from excess speech, food, and mixing with people.

Finally it is important to note that the above supplications need to be uttered with full reflection and comprehension. The point here is that they are kinds of remembrance (dhikr), and to remember Allah is not a matter of lip-service. Rather it is a process that involves one’s tongue, heart, and mind. How could one truly remember Allah while the mind is engaged with alien things?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**Abridged from Imam Ibn Al-Qayyim’s Bda’i` al-Fawa’id, here excerpted, with some modifications, from:

http://www.islaam.com/Article.aspx?id=651

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ReAWARE
(Soorah Ibrahim 14--verse.22)

And Satan will say when the matter is decided: "It was Allah Who gave you a promise of Truth: I too promised but I failed in my promise, to you. I had no authority over you except to call you, but ye listened to me: then reproach not me, but reproach your own souls. I cannot listen to your cries, nor can ye listen to mine. I reject your former act in associating me with Allah. For wrongdoers there must be a grievous Penalty."

Narrated AbuHurayrah:
The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) used to say: "O Allah, I seek refuge in Thee from four things: Knowledge which does not profit, a heart which is not submissive, a soul which has an insatiable appetite, and a supplication which is not heard."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: