// Tell McCain to End the Politics of Hate
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - Mark Twain
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tell McCain to End the Politics of Hate  (Read 3523 times)
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« on: Oct 17, 2008 04:29 PM »

Robert L. BorosagePosted October 17, 2008 | 07:47 AM (EST) BIO   

The Wall Street Journal editors peer fearlessly into the increasingly likely terror of an election that produces a Democratic President with larger Democratic majorities in both houses of Congress. Disregarding the delicate sensibilities of women and children, the editors expose to all the stark horrors that could ensue:

Voters will be registered. Workers organized. Banks regulated. Health care provided for all. Government investment will drive a green revolution that generates millions of jobs. The wealthy will pay more in taxes. Guantanamo will be shut down; torture will end. Net neutrality will be mandated. Citizens may even be able to sue corporations that negligently do them harm. And that doesn't even mention ending the war in Iraq.

The horror of it all. Can the Republic survive? The editors hold out one slim hope. Perhaps Democrats will divide. Perhaps the entrenched lobbies, the interest of the corporations and the wealthy will buy enough support to stand in the way of the tumbrels.

And that defines our job pretty clearly: to organize engaged citizens to hold Democrats accountable to the promises that have been made and the agenda the country needs. If we do that well, just maybe we can deepen the Wall Street Journal's lamentations. Cut the military budget. Forge a national strategy for the global economy. Make college affordable for all. Provide the basics in education, from pre-school to small classes, to lifelong learning. Revive national service. Rebuild trust in government. Launch the unspeakable -- a true war on poverty.

The horror, the stark horror of it all. Can Americans -- after Iraq, Katrina, bankers run amok, gilded age inequality, Robber Baron corruption -- actually have the gall to vote the bums out? Say it ain't so, Joe the plumber, say it ain't so.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-l-borosage/the-horror-the-horror-yet_b_135499.html
blackrose
Sis

« Reply #1 on: Oct 17, 2008 04:36 PM »

you can go to this link and sign:  http://therealmccain.com/mob/

Dear Senator McCain and Governor Palin,

Time and again in America, people of all races and backgrounds have overcome division and fear, and come together to uplift the country and create a more equal and just society. It's part of what makes this country great.

With an African-American nominee running on a major party ticket and a woman on the Republican ticket for the first time in history, this campaign has seen Americans--men and women of all races--inspired to continue that great tradition, coming together to bridge the gaps that history has set between us in service of our national progress.

But let us be clear: while we have made great strides in this country when it comes to racial equality, we are not finished. Now, more than ever, we need leadership that understands that we live in complex times where too many are quick to judge another by the complexion of their skin or the sound of their name.

In the last few weeks, Senator McCain and Governor Palin, rhetoric at your campaign events has taken an increasingly dangerous tone that seems to ignore the precarious state of our progress when it comes to race and ethnicity.

Supporters at your rallies and other events have used hateful language and called for violence against Sen. Obama yelling "kill him!" "off with his head!" and "bomb Obama."

For the most part, you have stood by in silence. In addition, you have also repeatedly made statements that somehow connect Senator Obama with terrorism. Your surrogates have emphasized his middle name. This is problematic and dangerous, and we believe helps create the conditions that have given rise to these incidents of violent rhetoric from some of your supporters.

Today, we're standing together as Americans of all political persuasions to express our deep concern that the decisions of your campaign are contributing to a dangerous atmosphere of paranoia, division, and hate that, as we have already seen, has the potential to seriously harm our country and its progress.

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. said, "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

In these trying times, candidates seeking the highest offices in the land must call on the best in each of us, and call off the worst.

We urge you to join people of conscience from all races and backgrounds to reject the politics of division and fear, and come together to uplift the country and create a more equal and just society.

-- The undersigned --

Add your name
First Name
  Last Name

Email
  Zip Code (optional)

Your email address will always be kept private
Country
United States Canada Afghanistan Albania Algeria American Samoa Andorra Angola Anguilla Antarctica Antigua and Barbuda Argentina Armenia Aruba Australia Austria Azerbaijan Bahamas Bahrain Bangladesh Barbados Belarus Belgium Belize Benin Bermuda Bhutan Bolivia Bosnia and Herzegovina Botswana Bouvet Island (Bouvetoya) Brazil British Virgin Islands Brunei Darussalam Bulgaria Burkina Faso Burundi Cambodia Cameroon Cape Verde Cayman Islands Central African Republic Chad Chagos Archipelago Chile China Christmas Island Cocos (Keeling) Islands Colombia Comoros Congo Congo, People's Republic of Cook Islands Costa Rica Cote D'Ivoire, Ivory Coast Cuba Cyprus Czech Republic Denmark Djibouti Dominica Dominican Republic Ecuador Egypt El Salvador Equatorial Guinea Eritrea Estonia Ethiopia Faeroe Islands Falkland Islands (Malvinas) Fiji Finland France French Guiana French Polynesia French Southern Territories Gabon Gambia Georgia Germany Ghana Gibraltar Greece, Hellenic Republic Greenland Grenada Guadaloupe Guam Guatemala Guinea Guinea-Bissau Guyana Haiti Heard and McDonald Islands Holy See (Vatican City State) Honduras Hong Kong Hrvatska (Croatia) Hungary Iceland India Indonesia Iran Iraq Ireland Israel Italy Jamaica Japan Jordan Kazakhstan Kenya Kiribati Korea, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Republic of Kuwait Kyrgyz Republic Lao People's Democratic Republic Latvia Lebanon Lesotho Liberia Libyan Arab Jamahiriya Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg Macao Macedonia Madagascar Mal Malawi Malaysia Maldives Malta Marshall Islands Martinique Mauritania Mauritius Mayotte Mexico Micronesia Moldova Monaco Mongolia Montserrat Morocco Mozambique Myanmar Namibia Nauru Nepal Netherlands Netherlands Antilles New Caledonia New Zealand Nicaragua Niger Nigeria Niue Norfolk Island Northern Mariana Islands Norway Oman Pakistan Palau Palestinian Territory, Occupied Panama Papua New Guinea Paraguay Peru Philippines Pitcairn Island Poland Portugal Puerto Rico Qatar Reunion Romania Russian Federation Rwanda Samoa San Marino Sao Tome and Principe Saudi Arabia Senegal Serbia and Montenegro Seychelles Sierra Leone Singapore Slovakia (Slovak Republic) Slovenia So. Georgia and So. Sandwich Islands Solomon Islands Somalia South Africa Spain Sri Lanka St. Helena St. Kitts and Nevis St. Lucia St. Pierre and Miquelon St. Vincent and the Grenadines Sudan Suriname Svalbard & Jan Mayen Islands Swaziland Sweden Switzerland Syrian Arab Republic Taiwan R.O.C. Tajikistan Tanzania Thailand Timor-Leste Togo Tokelau (Tokelau Islands) Tonga Trinidad and Tobago Tunisia Turkey Turkmenistan Turks and Caicos Islands Tuvalu Uganda Ukraine United Arab Emirates United Kingdom United States Minor Outlying Islands Uruguay US Virgin Islands Uzbekistan Vanuatu Venezuela Viet Nam Wallis and Futuna Islands Western Sahara Yemen Zambia Zimbabwe 
  Comments (optional) Max 200 characters

It's okay to publish my signature on the website 

We'd like to talk about the pressing issues facing our country: the woeful economy, rising unemployment, the housing crisis, and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. But we can't talk about them because John McCain and Sarah Palin have distracted us with the politics of hate and fear.
Instead of discussing the real issues plaguing Americans, McCain and Palin have turned to fear-mongering and race-baiting, stoking the prejudices of their supporters. The situation has become so critical that we've teamed up with Color of Change to put an end to these dangerous mob scenes.

Things have gotten so out of control that some conservatives have come forward to denounce McCain and Palin's hate-mongering. In an Op-Ed for The Baltimore Sun, Frank Schaeffer writes: "John McCain: If your campaign does not stop equating Sen. Barack Obama with terrorism, questioning his patriotism and portraying Mr. Obama as "not one of us," I accuse you of deliberately feeding the most unhinged elements of our society the red meat of hate, and therefore of potentially instigating violence."

Don't let McCain and Palin undo the decades spent fighting for civil rights and equality in our country.

blackrose
Sis

« Reply #2 on: Oct 17, 2008 04:40 PM »

salaam

these are some examples of whats been going on:

http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/latestnews/index.php?id=12383

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/17/gop-pamphlet-ayers-is-ter_n_135526.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/16/massive-rnc-robocall-may_n_135348.html
blackrose
Sis

« Reply #3 on: Oct 17, 2008 04:59 PM »

http://www.michaelmoore.com/mustread/index.php?id=1058
blackrose
Sis

« Reply #4 on: Oct 20, 2008 10:37 PM »

Salaam. Personally Im not sure why any muslims would vote for mcain. I know there are many muslims who are voting for him, but definately not the majority. The thing is I thing is I think they are not informed enough. mcain is first of all running a sleazy campaign. For muslims I think have a timeline to end the iraq war is important. How many  more years of do we want people dying. we need to loose our pride and leave whether we 'won' or not. mcain just cares about 'honor' and he has no time line to end this war. Another thing I think is important is that I think many muslims do not know that he voted for the patriot act, and against habeas corpus for the detainees. I think that should and would be a huge issue for muslims. torture is a terrible terrible act and I know in obamas website on the arab american page he was sais 'If there's an Arab American family being rounded up without benefit of an attorney or due process, that threatens my civil liberties."  in mcains page on the arab american part there is nothing like that. on israel and palestine well atleast obama vistited them while mcain only went to israel. and i heard more on that issue that obama is not fair but i dont remember exactly what as i read alot. Also mcain and his supporters always associate 'islam' with terrorism' I have never heard Obama doing that. So yah I dont understand why en muslim would want to vote for mcain. Anyhow here is the video:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/20/muslim-mccain-fans-confro_n_136203.html
blackrose
Sis

« Reply #5 on: Oct 21, 2008 04:20 AM »

Muslim For McCain Not Allowed To Talk To CNN
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/20/muslim-for-mccain-not-all_n_136324.html
blackrose
Sis

« Reply #6 on: Oct 21, 2008 06:23 PM »

CNN Host “Mystified” By McCain Camp Silencing Muslim Organizer

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/21/cnn-host-mystified-by-mcc_n_136479.html
UmmWafi
Sis

Reputation Power: 12
UmmWafi has no influence :(

« Reply #7 on: Oct 21, 2008 07:27 PM »

Salam

I am not American but I have followed American Politics since Reagan. It really beats me why any Muslim would wanna support McCain/Palin combo. Any explanations ?

Wassalam
um aboodi
Sis

Reputation Power: 26
um aboodi barely matters :(um aboodi barely matters :(

« Reply #8 on: Oct 21, 2008 09:48 PM »

salam

I think Capitalists and  business tycoons would love McCain or any republican, and would abhor any democratic candidate who would give money to the poor or invest in social programs.  That would mean more taxes, and they don't want to part with their beloved money. 

Muslims who have lots of money, many of them anyways, only think in terms of  $$$.  Islam for them is praying, if we are lucky, fasting, and maybe giving a token sadaqah here and there.   

This election, for them, is not about foreign policy, or any other problem with the us.  It is about their $$$ . 

wassalam

disclaimer: i am *not* an american, but like everyone else closely follow the elections. 
blackrose
Sis

« Reply #9 on: Oct 23, 2008 02:41 AM »

salaam

here is the link:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032619/vp/27328627#27329983

"us occupation of iraq is the best thing that happened to al-quaida"
"from al-quaidas perspective it would be best if US stayed in iraq and afghanistan with large amount of troops because of fund raising..."
"occupation of iraq mcain seems to favor going on forever helps al-quaida"
"al-quaida is stronger now since 2002"
blackrose
Sis

« Reply #10 on: Oct 28, 2008 01:18 AM »

salaam

I am sooo tired of the mcain campaign repeatedly saying 'Islamic' terrorists..

looks like we have some serious racists here. If Obama does win I hope he stays safe.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27405681
blackrose
Sis

« Reply #11 on: Oct 30, 2008 12:34 AM »

McCain's Last Ditch Effort: Tying Obama To Muslim World
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/29/mccain-making-last-ditch_n_138969.html
blackrose
Sis

« Reply #12 on: Oct 30, 2008 12:35 AM »

Palin attacks L.A. Times for not releasing Obama tape

Posted: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 3:32 PM by Domenico Montanaro
Filed Under: 2008, Palin

From NBC/NJ's Matthew Berger

BOWLING GREEN, Ohio -- At an event where Palin was joined by Joe the Plumber, the Republican vice-presidential candidate took up her running mate's attacks against Obama and the media Wednesday. She suggested, as McCain has, that the Los Angeles Times was withholding a videotape in which Obama attended a 2003 send off for Rashid Khalidi, a Columbia University professor and friend with past ties to the Palestinian Liberation Organization.

It's a story the Times reported on in April, which the McCain campaign is now pushing. The Obama campaign would point to a Huffington Post report that when McCain was the chairman of the International Republican Instutitute, it gave grants to Khalidi's Center for Palestine Research and Studies.

“It must be nice for a candidate to have major news organizations looking after his best interests like that,” Palin said, charging that the newspaper was witholding the tape to aid Obama. "In this case, we have a newspaper willing to throw aside even the public's right to know in order to protect a candidate that its own editorial board has endorsed. And if there's a Pulitzer Prize category for excelling in kow-towing, then the L.A. Times, you're winning.”

Palin attacked Obama on what she called his “assortment of friends from Chicago.” She described Khalidi as “another radical professor from the neighborhood who spent a lot of time with Barack Obama going back several years.” She referred to the Times' reporting about Obama having been at a party for Khalidi in 2003, where Khalidi described Israel as the perpetrator of terrorism.
This is what the Times wrote at the time, though: "At Khalidi's 2003 farewell party, for example, a young Palestinian American recited a poem accusing the Israeli government of terrorism in its treatment of Palestinians and sharply criticizing U.S. support of Israel. If Palestinians cannot secure their own land, she said, 'then you will never see a day of peace.' One speaker likened 'Zionist settlers on the West Bank' to Osama bin Laden, saying both had been 'blinded by ideology.'"

"Obama adopted a different tone in his comments and called for finding common ground. But his presence at such events, as he worked to build a political base in Chicago, has led some Palestinian leaders to believe that he might deal differently with the Middle East than either of his opponents for the White House."

Of Obama's role, the Times also wrote, "Speaking to the crowd, Obama reminisced about meals prepared by Khalidi's wife, Mona, and conversations that had challenged his thinking."

The Times has said it will not release the tape, because it was given to the newspaper under the condition that it not be released.

But at Palin's campaign event, it was the surprise appearance by Joe the Plumber that fired up the Bowling Green State University crowd.

“He’s a fellow Alaskan, and he’s a fellow military man who has served our country proudly,” she said. “I’d like you to meet him. Please welcome Joe the Plumber!”

Joe Wurzelbacher was introduced as a special guest midway through Palin’s speech, to a roaring ovation. A day after he campaigned on his own -- and received criticism for agreeing with comments suggesting Obama’s election would mean “death to Israel” --  Wurzelbacher stood silently by Palin’s side through the rest of her remarks, dressed in jeans and a checkered work shirt.

“All the pictures I’ve seen of him, I knew I’d like him, wearing his Carhartts and steel-toed boots,” she said.

Wurzelbacher, who was never introduced by his real name, served as a prop to Palin’s continued critique of Obama’s tax plans. She suggested Obama would raise taxes on small businesses, stifling growth and making it more difficult for small outfits to hire new people and create jobs.

Palin said voters identify with Wurzelbacher, who asked Obama a question at his tax plan at a rally earlier this month. He officially endorsed McCain earlier this week.

“So Joe merely asked our opponent a simple, straightforward question, and he spoke for a lot of Americans,” she said. “And the Obama campaign did not appreciate that. And since then, they've been investigating and attacking our friend Joe the Plumber.”

*** UPDATE *** Obama spokesman Hari Sevugan emails this response to the Khalidi attack. “This is just another recycled, manufactured controversy from the McCain campaign to distract voters’ attention from John McCain’s lock-step support for George Bush’s economic policies. Barack Obama has been clear and consistent on his support for Israel, and has been clear that Rasheed Khalidi is not an adviser to him or his campaign and that he does not share Khalidi’s views. Instead of giving lectures on media bias, John McCain should answer why, under his own chairmanship, the International Republican Institute repeatedly funded an organization Khalidi founded, the Center for Palestine Research and Studies, over the course of many years.”

UmmWafi
Sis

Reputation Power: 12
UmmWafi has no influence :(

« Reply #13 on: Oct 30, 2008 05:57 AM »

Salam

Reading this and other election updates makes me feel that Republicans think Muslims are bogeymen, lepers and scourge such that anyone seen to be supporting us shouldnt be President.

And there are still Muslims supporting McCain Huh???

Wassalam
blackrose
Sis

« Reply #14 on: Oct 30, 2008 05:19 PM »

salaam

yah unfortuantely their are and its just really sad.  They are obviously not informed enough so the stuff Im putting up tell your friends/family/coworkers, classmates ect. spread the word thru email. mcain is not good for america or the muslims from all this evidence.
Allahualim
blackrose
Sis

« Reply #15 on: Nov 02, 2008 05:58 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/31/mccain-palin-supporter-st_n_139711.htm
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: