// Obama Finally Gives an Eid Greeting to Muslims!
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: “Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right” Abraham Lincoln quote
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama Finally Gives an Eid Greeting to Muslims!  (Read 1728 times)
JibreelMikel
« on: Oct 18, 2008 04:29 AM »

I think it's meant as a joke, but it's still pretty good:
http://www.meccho.com/eid-mubarack

Check out the rest of the site while you're there.
UmmWafi
Sis

Reputation Power: 12
UmmWafi has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Oct 18, 2008 07:34 AM »

Salam

Ha ha ha

Wassalam
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Oct 18, 2008 05:37 PM »

salaam

haha

But just to make it clear that he did send real greetings of Eid Mubarak to the Muslims from him and his wife and Joe Biden and his wife. .. I saw it in MuslimsforObama.com  long ago but I cant find where its on that site. If anyones interested they can search the site.

Another thing I want to make clear is that Obama DID say that calling him Muslim as if it is a bad thing suggests fear mongering. He DID say this twice. I know one of the times I read it from CAIR (how they catch the articles) He may have said it more but I know he did say it twice. The fact that a presidential candidate aknowledges there is fear mongering going on, I think is a huge thing and very important.
blackrose
Sis

« Reply #3 on: Oct 18, 2008 05:42 PM »

salaam

I found it. Here is the statement he issued the day of Eid:

I want to convey my greetings to the American Muslim community on the Festival of Breaking the Fast that marks the end of Ramadan.  Through fasting, prayer and charity, your observance this past month of the universal values of patience, generosity and caring for the less fortunate is an important reminder of the values that have helped make America great.  As a nation, we must commit ourselves to that greater cause to ensure that the less fortunate are never forgotten or ignored.  On behalf of Michelle, Joe and Jill Biden and I, we hope that Ramadan brought you happiness, good health, and a sense of renewal.

http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/post/alyssamartin/gGxjTY/commentary
blackrose
Sis

« Reply #4 on: Oct 23, 2008 08:06 PM »

Here is where he says that the ny cover was insulting to Muslims.. there are more examples.. ive read at cair and other places. .but im really tired of digging up. if you really want to c more places where he defended muslims then tell me....i will dig it up for u.

Obama * New Yorker Cover An Insult to Muslim Americans
nuh
« Reply #5 on: Oct 23, 2008 08:14 PM »

As salaam alaikum.

When was this clip originally aired?

Ma'as salaama,
nuh
 bro
blackrose
Sis

« Reply #6 on: Oct 23, 2008 08:27 PM »

salaam!

I just checked it was posted july 2008. it was aired when the nyorker cover had a cartoon done of obama as a muslim (or dressed like one)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #7 on: Oct 24, 2008 06:05 AM »

Thought this was funny:

blackrose
Sis

« Reply #8 on: Oct 24, 2008 03:43 PM »

salaam

haha
that was probably done after the very nasty things done to the obama signs

they were thrown out with a dead bear cub http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/20/murdered-bear-cub-dumped_n_136347.html

blackrose
Sis

« Reply #9 on: Oct 24, 2008 06:46 PM »

salaam

since Nuh seemed interested in the other one I though Id go ahead and post where Obama said that calling him Muslim as if its a bad thing suggests 'fear mongering'

here is his quote:

Asked where this is coming from, Obama told Kroft, “You know, this has been a systematic e-mail smear campaign that's been goin' on since actually very early in this campaign. It clearly is a deliberate effort by some group or somebody to generate this rumor. I have never been a Muslim, am not a Muslim. These e-mails are obviously not just offensive to me, somebody who's a devout Christian who's been goin' to the same church for the last 20 years, but it's also offensive to Muslims. Because it plays into, obviously, a certain fear-mongering there”

here is the link, he said this on 60 minutes
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/02/29/60minutes/main3894659_page3.shtml

JibreelMikel
« Reply #10 on: Oct 24, 2008 10:10 PM »

wow.  I'm no Republican but the man is a master of words.  All he really said was "Muslims find this offensive".  Good for you Obama.  You noticed that we're upset and managed to point it out without really having to take a stand for what's right.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: