Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Apr 18, 2014 04:00 AM

News:

O rishta, rishta, wherefore art thou my rishta.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Books on Fard al Ain ?  (Read 3152 times)
Osman
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
Osman has no influence :(

« on: Oct 24, 2008 09:07 AM »

A masjid here in planning to start Fard al Ain classes in English. For the most part classes in Islam here are in Malay.

Could you guys recommend or suggest a few books on Fard al Ain here? [A basic book that encompasses Tawhid and Fiqh (of Tahaarah and Salaah)]

jazaakallah khayr

Osman
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Oct 24, 2008 06:23 PM »

wsalam,

most people start with Al-Maqasid. I think they have a new version with commentary and notes too.

ws
Abdurahman
Bro

Reputation Power: 4
Abdurahman has no influence :(

Oh Allah, Guide us to the Straight Path.

« Reply #2 on: Oct 24, 2008 09:04 PM »

Asalamualaikum wrt wb,

All praise be to Allah.

Jannah, since when did you become a Shafii' ? Smiley

Another good book is Bulugh al Maram, by Ibn Hajr al 'Asqalani.  If you have a shaikh to explain the hadith, it would be very beneficial for you.

May Allah accept from your efforts.

And Allah knows best.

Be merciful to those on earth, and the One in the Heavens will be merciful to you.
Osman
Bro

« Reply #3 on: Oct 25, 2008 05:44 AM »

Thanks for the suggestions, but Bulugh al maram is a hadeeth compilation. a brilliant book, but not one for learning the basics of the Deen.

A few I had in mind was one by Yahya Emerick and another by Ghulam Sarwar - Islam: Beliefs and Teachings.

She recommended that cos she koows where I am, they are predominantly Shafi`ees.

The al-Maqasid looks good (of course it is, what am I saying!), except that it was translated by Mr. Keller.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Oct 25, 2008 06:06 PM »

wsalam,

the books you mentioned are very basic. they are mostly for new converts or someone wanting a very basic overview. if you want to begin real traditional fiqh learning from the shafi'i perspective the maqasid is the best book imo. just because it has a certain translator shouldn't scare you off it. if you go through it with ur teacher you'll be fine iA.
Osman
Bro

« Reply #5 on: Oct 26, 2008 02:43 PM »

jazaakumullahu khayran.

I have forwarded Al-Maqasid and a few other titles for the Sheikh to choose from.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: