Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Fun Hajj Quiz  (Read 1375 times)
BrKhalid
Bro

Reps: 273

« on: Nov 24, 2009 06:15 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

With Arafat and Eid just around the corner, have a go at this fun Eid quiz which I pulled from the net.  bro

1.   How many days comprise the actual days of Hajj?
2.   Which day is considered to be the zenith of Hajj
3.   How many Hajj pilgrims in an hour can the King Abdul Aziz airport in Jeddah process?
4.   Which country has the largest quota of Hajj pilgrims
5.   When is the traditional ihram dress required to be worn and when can it be taken off?
6.   Which country imposed a total ban on its citizens attending Hajj this year because of the swine flu outbreak?
7.   What is traditionally replaced on the day of Eid in Masjid al Haram?
8.   How many Muslims from Palestine are performing Hajj this year
9.   Is Tawaf performed clockwise or anti clockwise around the Kabah? (Bonus : Why? ;-))
10.   Why do Muslims walk between the mounts of Safa and Marwah seven times?
11.   What is generally considered to be the reward for an accepted Hajj?

Please answer within the thread and remember it’s just a bit of fun so if you don’t know, just guess  bro

There are no prizes I’m afraid but the person with the most answers correct may get a small mention on the Madina News!! That should make anyone’s Eid)  bro

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]

Fozia
Sis

Reps: 1249

« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2009 10:40 PM »

salam

What nobody tried this yet?

OK I'll have a go.

1) Three (I think)
2) the day of Arafah
3) 100,000 (well it felt like that from what I recall)
4)Indonesia?
5) I think when you set off for Mina make the intention to begin Hajj, and you remove it after your hajj is completed and you've made your sacrifice
6) Really a country did that??? Was it Saudi I can't think of anywhere else that would dare prevent Muslims from performing Hajj...
7)The cover of the Kaba
8 ) 10,000 (wild guess)
9) Anti clockwise I don't know why tho
10) To mimic Hagar's frantic search for water for her son.
11) All your sins forgiven, Jannah

I've prolly gotten a lot wrong, I performed Hajj when I was 13 and then I copied my parents it was ages ago the memories of the rites are not particularly clear.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186

BrKhalid
Bro

Reps: 273

« Reply #2 on: Nov 25, 2009 12:20 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

That was actually a decent effort, I’m not sure I would have got some of those if I wasn’t looking at the answers!!

I’ll leave it up for a few more days to give others a chance before revealing  the answers!!  bro

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: