Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: What one thing...?  (Read 2592 times)
BrKhalid
Bro

Reps: 273

« on: Oct 30, 2008 05:34 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

Okay for those who have been to Hajj, what *one* thing do you most recollect from the experience (and you’re only allowed to choose one!!  bro)

For those who haven’t been, what *one* thing do you most look forward to with respect to Hajj, if inshaAllah you manage to go (again, you can only choose one thing)

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]

Faizah
Sis

Reps: 31

« Reply #1 on: Oct 30, 2008 12:36 PM »

Wa alaikum as salaam

As I fall into the latter category - not yet made hajj - I most look forward to walking in the footsteps of history.  Sure the paths have been paved and there are vastly more ammenities than there were it is still doing the same things in an unchanged manner that I'm focused on.

Fa'izah

Fozia
Sis

Reps: 1245

« Reply #2 on: Oct 30, 2008 12:53 PM »

salam

The feeling of absolute serenity.... I've been hajj once and umrah once and it's always the same, this feeling of absolute calm and serenity descends, time passes at a leisurely pace and once can do as much ibadah as one wants without rushing.....

On the other hand it could've been jet lag

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186

um aboodi
Sis

Reps: 268

« Reply #3 on: Oct 31, 2008 01:40 AM »

salam

i look forward to seeing al-ka'aba ....

wassalam

Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reps: 185

« Reply #4 on: Oct 31, 2008 02:15 AM »

I want to return with the same look and feel the same religious spirituality that the movie character Moses had when he came down from the mountain after getting the ten commandments in the movie "The Ten Commandments."
In other words I want to come back a different and better Muslim with the best of Taqwa.

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon

salaampeaceshalom
Sis

Reps: 25

« Reply #5 on: Nov 07, 2008 11:16 AM »

salaam

The remorse on the Day of ^Arafat and the tears that came.  SubhanAllaah.

'If he woke up and had enough food for the day and shelter (a roof over his head) and he does not fear for his safety, then it is as if he has been given the dunya.'

xina6143
Sis

Reps: 1

« Reply #6 on: Nov 09, 2008 05:06 PM »

Wow we can only pick one huh? thats a toughy....but I look forward to seeing the ka'ba

BrKhalid
Bro

Reps: 273

« Reply #7 on: Nov 24, 2008 06:59 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

There is no doubt in my mind that Arafat is the pinnacle of Hajj.

No matter how many times you may do Umrah, you can only experience Arafat during Hajj.

That said, the one thing I recollect most from being there was the night before Arafat.

I was up the side of one of the mountains in Mina looking down at the Jamarat. It was 2am so most people were sleeping although you could see the odd people milling around.

I just couldn’t sleep, I was just too excited. I kept thinking that tomorrow I would meet my Lord, He would descend with His angels and boast about His servants to them.

There are not many moments in your life when you know that Allah is with you but on that day, you really feel the joy when the time of Zuhr comes and feel the sadness when the sun sets.

I kept repeating to myself: “Tomorrow is the day, tomorrow is the day” and reciting the Talbiyah acknowledging that here I was.

For all those going, that tomorrow will soon be today inshaAllah and may you all experience the joy of that day.  bro

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]

jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2777

I heart the Madina

« Reply #8 on: Oct 04, 2011 11:20 AM »

Walaikum Salaam,

Two moments I'll never forget:

1. Umrah - Walking into the courtyard of the Kabah and seeing it for the first time. It was a balmy beautiful night, probably around 2am after we arrived. The feelings really can't be described in words.  It was just...  like a heartbeat of delight like I was finally in Jannah, glimpsing Bait al Ma'moor. So fleeting. Don't think I'll ever feel that again until the real thing iA.

2. Hajj - Praying under the first arches with a clear view directly towards the Kabah. Thinking this image, moment is what I want to always remember every time I pray anywhere else in the world.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: