// Question re: appropriate house warming gift
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: The true greatness of man lies in his capacity for eternal progress. -The Alchemy of Happiness, Imam Al-Ghazali
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question re: appropriate house warming gift  (Read 1995 times)
Anonymous
Bro

Reputation Power: 22
Anonymous barely matters :(Anonymous barely matters :(

ANONYMOUS Post

« on: Nov 01, 2008 10:22 AM »

Muslim clients of mine are closing on their new home shortly.  I typically give a house-warming gift of bread/salt/wine w/nice glasses & some chocolates.  I know the alcohol is inappropriate for them as a gift, so am wondering if replacing the wine with a sparkling non-alcoholic beverage would be good, or would a completely different type of gift be more welcome & appropriate?  I would spend about $75+/-.

I really appreciate this assistance.  Thank you

This post submitted using the ANONYMOUS button on the main Madina menu. Please reply here publicly so that the original poster can read any replies.
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Nov 01, 2008 10:30 AM »

non-alcoholic beverages sounds lovely, actually. 
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #2 on: Nov 01, 2008 03:41 PM »

salam

Give whatever you would to your other clients, using non-alcoholic, vegetarian options.

Its such a sweet thing to do.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Nov 01, 2008 07:44 PM »

Hi,

You could definitely bring one of those sparkling apple cider bottles with your usual gifts, that is very nice as a house warming gift, but I'll tell you traditionally Muslims would bring like a dessert when they go to someone's house. What about a tray of baklava like this: http://www.shatila.com/ (I've ordered from them many times, they are deelicious Smiley They range from about $25 to $45 and then there's shipping)
Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
Sr.Kathy has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Nov 01, 2008 09:21 PM »

I think the gift is real sweet!

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #5 on: Nov 02, 2008 10:36 PM »

Sr. Kathy, the original poster is not Muslim so this is why she's asking.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: