// US Muslims, who are you voting for and why?
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Useful knowledge is that which makes you grow in the fear of Allah, increases you in awareness of your defects, deepens your knowledge of the worship of your Lord Most High, decreases your desire for this world and increases your desire for the life to come, and opens your eyes to the defects of your actions so that you guard against them. - Imam Al-Ghazali
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: US Muslims, who are you voting for and why?  (Read 5439 times)
Anonymous
« on: Oct 22, 2008 05:27 AM »

My by mail ballot came last last week.
Being truly torn and wanting to do the right thing, since this is the anon board, can the US sisters and brothers
please post who they're voting for and why? Please feel free to include links to your statements
for research by my and others. Maybe it will help us all.
Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: Oct 22, 2008 05:31 AM »

are you serious? like you're actually torn over who to vote for? have you been following any press/news/anything the last year? can you seriously be that ignorant? just the fact that mccain's campaign has distrubuted 58 million anti-islam cds by newspaper and mail should give you a clue. jeez wake up.

Anonymous
« Reply #2 on: Oct 22, 2008 06:08 AM »

are you serious? like you're actually torn over who to vote for? have you been following any press/news/anything the last year? can you seriously be that ignorant? just the fact that mccain's campaign has distrubuted 58 million anti-islam cds by newspaper and mail should give you a clue. jeez wake up.

Salaam Allaikum,

Can I be that ignorant?
hmmm, Can you be that mean and rude when responding to  a sincere question.
How about posting some facts with links for research instead of being a jerk about it.
I hope you haven't children yet cause your attitude is no way to teach anyone anything.
Jannah, forgive me if this post is harsh but considering the above  Huh?
Anonymous
« Reply #3 on: Oct 22, 2008 12:29 PM »

You aren’t ignorant, it is a tough decision because they both hate Islam and want to see all Muslims exterminated. They are both working for Jewish Zionists in Israel who themselves are led by a one eyed Jew called Dejjal.

If words can’t explain what is happening watch this cartoon.

So if Obama wins, some Muslims are going to say, “Don’t blame me I voted for McCain.
If McCain wins, some Muslims would say, don’t blame me I voted for Obama”
What you don’t understand is who ever you vote for, you are voting for the same one eyed Jew called Dejjal who both of them have admitted serving.
Anonymous
« Reply #4 on: Oct 22, 2008 10:13 PM »

As salaamu alaikum

I'm still not decided on who I will cast my vote for - Obama or a 3rd party candidate; I do know it won't be McCain.  I've even considered brining a marker into the voting booth and finding a blank lever and writing in a candidate because there's got to be a better alternative.

Fa'izah
Anonymous
« Reply #5 on: Oct 22, 2008 11:30 PM »

salaam

dear anon

the person who posted the video I would ignore. his posts usually contain the word zionists, and dejall , very anti american so obviously he would not consider it right to vote for ne.

neways the  majority of scholars around the world say that it is our duty to particpate in politics in nonmuslim countries.

I just went and voted for Obama. The reason I would not vote for a third party is because that is helping mcain win in another way as the polls are very close.

the reason Im voting for Obama is because mcain is running a very sleazy campaign. most of his campaign just was about attacking obama while obamas was mostly about the issues. Obama is calm and cool and has said alot less lies then mcain. mcain is known as a very angry man. I m not making this up. People who tend to know him say the same thing. It is his reputation.

Mcain voted for the patriot act and voted against habeas corpus for the detainees. while on the other hand the guantanamo lawyers endorse obama. he has let them use his office and helped them.

mcain has not time line for the iraq war to end. how long more do we want people to die. if you know nething about war u will know its complete horror. obama has a timeline to end the war.

mcain if wins will become the oldest president ever to be elected. he has picked palin as his vp. If you see the two interviews she has done u will know she does not know anything. Time has recently reported there are many questions about mcains health at the moment.

palin and mcain always say 'islamic' terrorists while i have never heard obama say that. many of the top advisers of mcain are anti islam.  his pastor and rudy gulliani has publicly said anti islam stuff.

obama has a better healthcare plan and he also has a plan for education while mcains education plan is not clear. and there are many more things. if you would like to discuss privately then u can message me.

about the links i hve posted many things on ummah community center in theose us news section. Im blackrose.
and if you still would like a specific link just ask and ask me if you have any other questions.
there are many more things. if you would like to discuss w me pria
Anonymous
« Reply #6 on: Oct 23, 2008 08:40 PM »

oh yah another reason to vote for obama is because many of mcains close close and maybe advisers anti islam or islamaphobic
Anonymous
« Reply #7 on: Oct 23, 2008 11:02 PM »

Asalamualaikum wrt wb,

All praise be to Allah.

In such situations, in the absence of a Muslim candidate, and neither candidate endorsing the Muslims, one searches for the lesser of two evils.  Judging by the party conventions, the Republican agenda includes a massive, worldwide war against 'Islamofascism', as indicated by Mr. McCain himself.  When the Republican party was asked to clarify who is intended by 'Islamofascism', they gave a vague definition, which included the vast majority of Muslims.

Thus, one sees the fiqh principal of taking the lesser of two evils, applies here.  Sh. Uthaymeen was of the view that voting may become obligatory to keep the evil people out of power, thus preventing harm.

May Allah protect us from all the evils.

And Allah knows best.
Anonymous
« Reply #8 on: Oct 23, 2008 11:17 PM »

Both candidates have clearly expressed a wish to expand the war against Islam and Muslims.
This electoral participation detracts Muslims from the fact that it isn’t Bush or his party that is the enemy; it is America that is the enemy. The war will continue after Bush, who ever wins. There are many things that will have an affect on the war, elections is not one of them. it is time that Muslims use what works instead of what distracts.

If all Muslims Pulled there money out of America, America would collapse and so would its wars.
The Saudi government alone owns over 10% of all American wealth.
And as America financially collapses they lose the money they invested. If they withdrew it, they would benefit themselves as well as America’s victims, but this is not happening.

All Muslims should sell American currency, and avoid buying American. If this happens and it works, we will see scholars telling people not to boycott America, because that is what they are told to say.
What Brothers have to understand, both Mujahideen and those who refuse Jihad is war costs money, stop the money and you stop the war.
Anonymous
« Reply #9 on: Oct 23, 2008 11:53 PM »

Asalamualaikum wrt wb,

I understand your comments, but you assume that if someone votes out a candidate, he is expressing his approval of a particular system or form of government.  However, Sh. Uthaimeen emphasized that one who votes should place his Tawakkul on Allah, and not in the system his is using.  The act of voting is simply a physical means to bring about a desired benefit and ward off harm, in the case of necessity.

An example of this is when the Prophet, may peace and blessings of Allah, signed the Treaty of Hudaibiyya, and he removed the word "Messenger of Allah" from the treaty, at the request of the Mushrikeen.  He did this to ward off harm and to acheive benefit, and he said, "I am the Messenger of Allah, but erase it."  Erasing "Messenger of Allah" did not mean he was compromising the truth.

Later on, when the Khawarij condemned Ali ibn abi Talib for negotiating with Muawiyya, Ibn Abbas brought up this example, and convinced many of the Khawarij that it is permissable to negotiate with others, as the Prophet, peace be upon him, did.

So voting does not mean approval of rule by other than God's laws, rather it is a practical way of warding off evil, while firmly believing that God's Laws are the best and must be followed.

And Allah knows best.

Anonymous
« Reply #10 on: Oct 24, 2008 08:35 AM »

umm...obama is not as obvious a choice as some muslims will have us think.

if it weren't for sarah palin (whom i really can't stand), i might in fact vote for mccain since i agree with his domestic policies far more than with obama's. 
but, in the end, i think i will vote for obama, just because we do need a "change" (even though I have serious doubts whether he will be the one to provide that)
Anonymous
« Reply #11 on: Oct 24, 2008 11:50 AM »

Assalaamu Alaykum.

I live in a red state (I mean it's TOTALLY red), so it probably doesn't make any difference if I vote for Obama or not.  So I'll probably go ahead and vote for Cynthia McKinney on the Green Party ticket.  I really like her.  Several years ago, she was the only one to speak out against Israel, and she lost her seat because of it...

Anonymous
« Reply #12 on: Oct 24, 2008 03:38 PM »

salaam

im in a red state too . its pretty funny. people who are in a pro republican say its no point in voting bc republican will win and people in a pro democrat say there is no point in voting bc demo will winn neways.

neway if you are in a red state i would encourage you to vote because many many republicans are voting democrat this yr. remember when we elected congress last yr.. democrats won in places that were prorepublican.
u never know the diff of ur vote can make and we want the iraq war ended. once we vote we know we did our part
Anonymous
« Reply #13 on: Oct 24, 2008 04:39 PM »

Assalamo elikuim
Another red state resdient Smiley
Inshallah I am planing on going next week for early voting .

Anonymous
« Reply #14 on: Oct 25, 2008 02:52 AM »

.....interesting points of view.....

A  commentary on the subject of racism in this election........

Interesting perspective on Obama/Biden vs.  McCain/Palin, what if things
were switched around?

What if the Obama's had paraded five children across the stage,
including a three month old infant and an unwed, pregnant teenage
daughter?

What if John McCain was a former president of the Harvard Law Review?

What if Barack Obama finished fifth from the bottom of his graduating
class?

What if McCain had only married once and Obama was a divorcee?

What if Obama was the candidate who left his first wife after a severely
disfiguring car accident ?

What if Obama had met his second wife in a bar and had a long affair
while he was still married?

What if Michelle Obama was the wife who not only became addicted to
painkillers but also acquired them illegally through her charitable
organization?

What if Cindy McCain graduated from Harvard?

What if Obama had been a member of the Keating Five? (The Keating Five
were five United States Senators accused of corruption in 1989, igniting
a major political scandal as part of the larger Savings and Loan crisis
of the late 1980s and early  1990s.)

What if McCain was a charismatic, eloquent speaker?

What if Obama had trouble reading from a Teleprompter?

What if Obama was the one who was known to display publicly, on many
occasions, a serious anger management problem?

What if Michelle Obama's family had made their money from beer
distribution?

What if the Obama's adopted a white child?

You could easily add to this list. Would the election poll numbers be as
close as they are?

This is what racism does. It distorts, rationalizes, and minimizes
positive qualities in one candidate and emphasizes negative qualities in
another when there is a color difference.

Educational Background:

Barack Obama:
Columbia  University - B.A. Political Science with a Specialization in
International Relations.
Harvard - Jurist Doctor (J.D.) Magna Cum Laude.
President of the Harvard Law Review

Joseph Biden:
University of  Delaware - B.A. in History and B.A. in Political Science.
Syracuse  University  College of Law - Jurist Doctor (J.D.)

Vs.

John McCain:
United States  Naval  Academy - Class rank: 894 of 899

Sarah Palin:
Hawaii  Pacific  University - 1 semester North Idaho - 2 semesters -
Journalism Matanuska-Susitna  College - B.A. in Journalism

Education isn't everything, but the way of life and manner in which you
conduct yourself displays your character. This is about the two highest
offices in the land and our global reputation. Please vote responsibly
on or before November 4th

Anonymous
« Reply #15 on: Oct 25, 2008 05:30 PM »

salaam

at the moment the issues are whats relevant
Anonymous
« Reply #16 on: Nov 02, 2008 02:14 PM »

I took advantage of the early voting and already voted for Obama.  My primary reason was that he was against and did not vote to go to war with Iraq.  I felt like it was a trumped up war to begin with, more to do with oil and less to do with WMD.  I also like the fact that Obama seems to have a little more humble upbringing that more people can related to.  Wealthy people, especially those who did not work for it, tend to feel a certain entitlement and the entire Republican candidate side give me that impression, McCain and Palin.  In my experience, these people do not and cannot relate to people who work for a living and are barely getting by - they also tend to view people less fortunate than them as bringing on their own misfortune.  I won't write in a vote, it only causes more problems like the 2000 election.  We will be trying to recover from the past eight year travesty for a long time and I think Obama will at least give us a fighting chance to make amends and build bridges.
Anonymous
« Reply #17 on: Nov 04, 2008 03:27 AM »

As Muslims I wonder how you all feel about Obama being for partial birth abortions?
And has anyone heard the tapes of the pastor preaching, whose church Obama had been attending?
How does one attend a church and listen to such stuff for 20 years and then just all of a sudden doesn't
attend when the media exposes this pastor and his preaching.
How do we all feel about that? His saying if someone is making less than $250,000
and then saying 200,000 and Biden saying under $150,000 taxes wouldn't be raised?
It made me wonder a lot. You'd think they at least could get their stories straight.
Talking about the need for a civilian military in the US? I thought that was what the National Guard was for Huh?
Anonymous
« Reply #18 on: Nov 04, 2008 12:25 PM »

Hmmm... partial birth abortion or abortion in general bothers me a great deal; the former because I'm stll not sure what the purpose is and it just seems cruel.  While as Muslims we reject abortion I can't say that I support a reversal of Roe vs. Wade simply because a woman should always have a choice.  I can't advocate any woman being forced to give birth to a baby that was the result of incest or rape because looking at that child would be a constant reminder of the crime committed against her for which her attacker may never face justice in this world.

Attending a church or any other religious house of worship is supposed to be for hearing the message and not about the person delivering the message.  I've no doubt that there are even fellow Muslims that attend a particular masjid because it is the only one in their area and so they go for prayer although they are in disagreement with everything the imam says.  As for Reverend Wright (the pastor in question) why is he being condemned and Obama by association when there are vastly more white preachers (and the like) the spew hate messages constantly and nothing negative is ever said about them  What about politicians and other leaders who also spew hate or are bigots and hold the fate of other people in their hands every day but they too are never condemned.

I notice how a couple of skin heads were arrested before they could carry out their plan of killing blacks and killing Obama but their entire movement has not been investigated and condemned.  Why?  Is it because they are white and in the US "white is still right"?  This is a nasty concept that has permeated every facet of life for all people and it's beyond time for such a mindset to end because it does nothing but continue to promote separation and hatred.

Money is the almighty god in the US and other places so of course all the candidates will waffle on the cap for tax relief; they don't want to isolate the wealthy few who control the majority of thing and can "make or break" someone.

I will be heading to the polls in a little while and then heading to work.  I don't plan to go anywhere tonight because things will be tense and if it is possible I may stay home tomorrow because tension may turn to worse.  It proves that racial tensions still exist in abudance and race relations have a long way to go to be fair and equal.

Anonymous
« Reply #19 on: Nov 04, 2008 02:01 PM »

The CNN journalists are talking about the 'lucky charms' and traditions that Obama uses on him whenever he is involved  in an election:

1) He keep a picture of Isa and Miriam in his pocket.
2) He does something with a hindu statue
3) He plays a game of pick-up basketball.

Masha'Allah! Shirk, shirk, shirk!!!
Anonymous
« Reply #20 on: Nov 04, 2008 03:51 PM »

salaam

unfortuantely it looks like you guys have been the victims of mcains misleading comments. what you should have done after reading those its find out the facts, which many news reports gave right after all those misleading comments.

on partial birth his reason was because there was no protection for the mother on that! or he is not against it.. he said that over and over again... the news reports even set the facts str8

the obama campaign has NOT flipped flopped at all. you are just reading what mcain sais! After mcain pointed that out about taxes the news reports and obama said that mcain was misleading. there was no flip flopping. he will slightly raise the taxes  of people that are making 250000 and more. he will not do nething to the people making 200,000 and he will cut the taxes of people making 150000 or less.

you know I have never heard the reverends wrights speech but i will tell you that obama is not flip flopping. he has said from the beginning that his pastor was controverisal and he never agreed with every single thing that he said, but the racist speech, he has never heard his pastor say nething that bad before!
just a pt for the muslims, i think i heard that his pastor is also not 'pro israel' and openly states that the palestinians are being oppressed
UNLIKE mcain whos pastor is ANTI-ISLAM!

shirk? shirk ?shirk?Huh?Huh?  what do you expect? he is NOT MUSLIM.  YOU ARE worried about some 'lucky charms' (may i remind you that MANY muslims are supersticious!) you should be worried about the illegal war mcain took us too with millions of babies and children and iraqis dying! that mcain NEVER  plans to end!

I just want to menton about abortion. It is not a reason not to vote for Obama. What about the millions of babies and children who are dying in the Iraq war which mcain never plans to end!

and on that note, yes we are pro life but there is a diff of opinon when it comes to situation s on rape and also when is when you are actually killing the baby. its a very broad subject. on that note i would like to metnion that obama has aknowledged that we have a high number of abortions in the US and we need to do something to cut down the number.

another point is that in the last 8 yrs their were republicans in the office who were against abortion but it is still goin on and the number is high so i doubt it will change w mcain presidency

Anonymous
« Reply #21 on: Nov 04, 2008 03:53 PM »

a very imp thing that michael moore said was that obamas opponent is mcain, its ignorance. so yes some people truly beleive that mcain is right but there are also many people who are voting for mcain bc they are ignorant.. for example they may think he is muslim or arab or because they are mislead by mcains propaganda and did not get the facts str8.

so plz people do not vote out of ignorance. if you are not sure about something go find out the facts first.
Anonymous
« Reply #22 on: Nov 04, 2008 03:54 PM »

Also I encourage all to go vote and dont do it for the third party. bc every vote counts. there have been many accurate reports of election fraud by the republicans so obama needs to win by a landslide
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: